• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Upright

I thought the young Easts 10 looked pretty good, Dion Taumata.
Papworth in his commentary noted just the opposite! who do you believe former wallaby or you Fatprop? i guess everyone is entitled to an opinion

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought he was pretty good. Easts backline looked dangerous when he was on and when he went off they went through the forwards.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I thought he was pretty good. Easts backline looked dangerous when he was on and when he went off they went through the forwards.

I agree. He's pretty good.......and according to reports, he's only 20 years old. Was eligible for Colts at start of the year, so well done to Easts for uncovering a gem.

U

Upright

Slash - Any gossip out of the Easts camp re coaching for next year following the early exit? Any confirmation about non payment of players or was that just kite flying?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Taumata was the 2nd ranked Oz Schools flyhalf last year so he wouldn't be 20 yet. He's going OK to be holding down a 1st grade spot at 19.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Re- Easts #10.
Kurt Morath started the year as the first choice #10 for the Beasts, but disappeared on National Duties for Tonga in about June.

Seemed to make a difference when he was playing for the Beasties. Any news on him turning out for the Beasts next year?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Great win by the wicks, coming from 16 points down against Easts..
What were Easts thinking that last couple of minutes?? Playing for the penalty???

That was moronic. I've seen this movie too may times - a team with white line fever, leaves it until the last 2 minutes of a game to wake up and go all out in attack, strings 20 phases together fruitlessly. Especially frustrating when a drop goal could get them the result. Take the drop !

In saying that, Stu Dickheadison cost the Beasts the game. The Wicks winger was offside by no less than 4 metres for that last try. Diabolical ! That's Dickheadison for you - pedantic, attention seeking whorish, and WRONG !

H

high tower

Taumata was the 2nd ranked Oz Schools flyhalf last year so he wouldn't be 20 yet. He's going OK to be holding down a 1st grade spot at 19.
qoute slash
I agree. He's pretty good.......and according to reports, he's only 20 years old. Was eligible for Colts at start of the year, so well done to Easts for uncovering a gem.

Hardly uncovering a gem when he played aust schools the year before, good effort on the lads part to play some 1st grade in his first year out.

T

tranquility

QLDer too, which probably only makes him 18 this year... Although he may have repeated....

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Slash - Any gossip out of the Easts camp re coaching for next year following the early exit? Any confirmation about non payment of players or was that just kite flying?

Some good questions.....I've heard rumours they are struggling financially and won't have a coach on a full time salary next year. And yes, the source still keeps telling me they won't be able to pay players til end of year/early January at least.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Have also heard the Parra coach is heading to West Harbour next year......Lindommer, can you confirm or deny?

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Teams for this weekend

Saturday 17 September
EASTWOOD (1st) v RANDWICK (5th) at TG Millner Field (3:10pm, ABC TV)
Eastwood: 1. Kieran Longbottom, 2. Damien Fitzpatrick, 3. Barry Fa’amuasili; 4. Mitch Lees, 5. Ben Hand; 6. Hugh Perrett [c], 7. Chris Alcock, 8. Locky McCaffrey; 9. Nic White, 10. Pierre Hola; 11. Lachie Turner, 12. Sione Piukala, 13. Tim Bennetts, 14. John Grant; 15. Ben Batger.
Randwick: 1. Cruze Ah-Nau, 2. Atonio Halangahu, 3. Steven Noriega; 4. Ben Mowen, 5. Geoff Ingram; 6. Tim Maxwell, 7. Tim McGann [c], 8. Al McFarland; 9. Josh Valentine, 10. Toby Browne; 11. Tom Joseph, 12. Bevu Tuqiri, 13. Finau Makamaka, 14. Ethan Ford; 15. Shaun Foley.
Referee: Nathan Pearce
Sunday 18 September
SYDNEY UNIVERSITY (2nd) v MANLY (3rd) at TG Millner Field (3:10pm, ABC TV)
Sydney University: 1. Sam Talaki, 2. Sam Roberson, 3. Jeremy Tilse; 4. Dean Mumm, 5. Dave Dennis; 6. Tim Davidson [c], 7. Jono Jenkins, 8. Pat McCutcheon; 9. Matt Schwager, 10. Daniel Halangahu; 11. Michael Hodge, 12. Tom Carter, 13. Tom Kingston, 14. Nathan Trist; 15. Bernard Foley.
Manly: 1. Dane Maraki, 2. Anthony Hegarty, 3. Eddie Aholelei; 4. Ed Gower, 5. Cadeyrn Neville; 6. Kotoni Ale, 7. Michael Hooper, 8. Tevita Metuisela; 9. Chris Cottee [c], 10. Willie Ripia; 11. Richard Hooper, 12. BJ Hartmann, 13. Andrew Smith, 14. Jacob Woodhouse; 15. Ben Seymour.
Referee: Ian Smith

I can't see Randwick being able to run with Eastwood. But I think, based in the teams named, that Manly are a REAL chance against Uni. I like the Manly front row, they will put the Uni front row under some pressure all game, the locks are genuine locks that will cancel out Mumm and Dennis playing out of position. And the back row battle is mouth watering. The Marlins have some elusive backs that can match the class of the Uni guys. I'm gonna tip the Marlins by 4 in a close one

strapping

Stan Wickham (3)
can paddy ryan not play loose head or what, why is sam talaki ahead of him, in my opinion neither player offer that much around the field but ryans scrummaging is ALOT better then young talaki's not taking anything away from the young teenager who has more or less held his own this season. it just troubles me to see how uni have franchise players in lower grades while non franchise players are ahead of them.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
can paddy ryan not play loose head or what, why is sam talaki ahead of him, in my opinion neither player offer that much around the field but ryans scrummaging is ALOT better then young talaki's not taking anything away from the young teenager who has more or less held his own this season. it just troubles me to see how uni have franchise players in lower grades while non franchise players are ahead of them.

I'm guessing they will pick the team they think has the best chance of winning the game for them. It looks like a cracking game. Does anyone know whether this is available to watch from o/s?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Have also heard the Parra coach is heading to West Harbour next year......Lindommer, can you confirm or deny?

Neither, the coaching positions at the Pirates will be announced shortly. Be prepared for some surprises.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Hopefully Eastwood will get up this weekend, although Randwick seem to find a extra leg come finals time.
Manly Vs Uni should be a cracking game. I think Tom Carter will have a big impact on the game, I think Uni will target the Marlins 10/12 channel where Ripia and Hartman are both a little light on.

Regardless fingers crossed we have a change from the traditional Randwick Vs Uni Grand Final

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Saturday 17 September 2011
Preliminary Finals - TG Millner Field
Shute Shield (1st Grade): Eastwood v Randwick
Colin Caird Shield (2nd Grade): Eastwood v Randwick
JR Henderson Shield (3rd Grade): Sydney University v West Harbour
JR Henderson Cup (4th Grade): Eastern Suburbs v Randwick

Colts Preliminary Finals - Forshaw Rugby Park
W.McMahon Memorial Shield (Colts I): Sydney University v Randwick
Shell Trophy (Colts II): Sydney University v West Harbour
Colts III: Eastwood v Sydney University