• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013 Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Harvey is not of Super Rugby standard but behind a decent pack at grade level he can control a game pretty well with his kicking. He would have to be close to the best goal Kicker at Club level also.

The first exit of players from Randwick to Souths involved a Randwick Trainer who is strongly linked to Cummings being disgruntled with the set up at the wicks and both of them moving to souths.

marlin

Bob McCowan (2)
Ben is a real "journeyman". Unfortunately he has a propensity to play most clubs off against each other - it looks like he & Harvey will spend the next few years following each other around different clubs, having demonstrated exactly 12 months worth of loyalty....

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Ben is a real "journeyman". Unfortunately he has a propensity to play most clubs off against each other - it looks like he & Harvey will spend the next few years following each other around different clubs, having demonstrated exactly 12 months worth of loyalty..

funny that....................neither of them can defend!

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Both Alan and Michael Ala'alatoa have left West Harbour. I believe for Norths.
And stay tuned for the announcement that a number of those speedy dangerous Warringah outside backs heading up the hill to Gordon.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Alan and Michael Alaatoa have left Wests but not to Norths
I have heard they have defiantly joined Southern Districts
The opportunity to be coached by Cam Blades was a big factor especially with scrums.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
And stay tuned for the announcement that a number of those speedy dangerous Warringah outside backs heading up the hill to Gordon.

Interesting that they would leave after HArvey was signed.....I expected angus to leave first to be honest

Andrew B Cox

Sydney Middleton (9)
Gee whizz, if Alan and Michael are actually leaving West Harbour it is awful. Apart from Dad Vili's long and outstanding service to the club (he and Steve James have always been there to step in when crisis strikes) I believe that the club invested heavily financially in both throughout their development. I was also lead to believe the same applied to David Sio.

It's a bit rough on Wests, who seem to be 'official suppliers of talent to the Shute Shield'.

And before I get howled down. The same can be said of Parramatta in years' past.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Gee whizz, if Alan and Michael are actually leaving West Harbour it is awful. Apart from Dad Vili's long and outstanding service to the club (he and Steve James have always been there to step in when crisis strikes) I believe that the club invested heavily financially in both throughout their development. I was also lead to believe the same applied to David Sio.

It's a bit rough on Wests, who seem to be 'official suppliers of talent to the Shute Shield'.

And before I get howled down. The same can be said of Parramatta in years' past.
Neither player wanted to leave the club , but as is often the case with young men of a Samoan background , they do what their father tells them to do, which is what happened in this case.
The same thing occurred with the Sio brothers David & Scott , as you pointed out ,who didn't want to leave either.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Neither player wanted to leave the club , but as is often the case with young men of a Samoan background , they do what their father tells them to do, which is what happened in this case.
The same thing occurred with the Sio brothers David & Scott , as you pointed out ,who didn't want to leave either.

think you'll find the brothers are Scott and Patrick. David (Tevita) is the dad. And he played for Norths himself. Anyone who thought his son's were not going to play for Norths themselves most likely had their head in the sand.

True, Wests and Parra have provided players to other clubs. I seem to remember about 5 or so years ago Parra had a shirt made up with the motto ' Providing players to every other club since 18??' (whatever their foundation year was).

Wests less so. I am hearing Wests players are leaving in droves. There's something not right over there if this is in fact true.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Interesting that they would leave after HArvey was signed...I expected angus to leave first to be honest

Apparently Mike Dalton and Feltscheer have gone to Parra to team up with their old Colts coach, that man again. Belly. This bloke seems to be popping up everywhere. How many fingers does he have? They all seem to be in some sort of pie somewhere else.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
think you'll find the brothers are Scott and Patrick. David (Tevita) is the dad. And he played for Norths himself. Anyone who thought his son's were not going to play for Norths themselves most likely had their head in the sand.

True, Wests and Parra have provided players to other clubs. I seem to remember about 5 or so years ago Parra had a shirt made up with the motto ' Providing players to every other club since 18??' (whatever their foundation year was).

Wests less so. I am hearing Wests players are leaving in droves. There's something not right over there if this is in fact true.
Yes I stand corrected re the names.
My point however remains the same.
Wests supported them in various ways ,through their school & junior Rugby , they live locally ,& the players themselves wanted to stay at Wests.Davis Sio also coached Wests juniors.
There are many reasons why a player leaves a club , & frequently it has nothing to do with the club itself.
I have not heard that players are leaving in droves & I spoke to a senior official this week , or at least not more so than at most clubs , & they have recruited a number of players including
a few who are returning to the club after leaving in the past.
Wests have a few new faces on their recently elected committee , & I think this bodes well for the
future of the club.

In the know I think.

Peter Burge (5)
Don't be surprised if you see the Alaalatoas at the 2 blues next year. The Blues were a couple of frontrowers short of a very good side last year.
We all have to accept the unfortunate truth that loyalty is dying, Wests are not the only club to have invested heavily in development of young guys even getting them into schools only to fine them taking the easy way if there is competition for 1st grade in their own club.
That said there are many young men still loyal and I salute them which ever club they play for.

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
Don't be surprised if you see the Alaalatoas at the 2 blues next year. The Blues were a couple of frontrowers short of a very good side last year.
We all have to accept the unfortunate truth that loyalty is dying, Wests are not the only club to have invested heavily in development of young guys even getting them into schools only to fine them taking the easy way if there is competition for 1st grade in their own club.
That said there are many young men still loyal and I salute them which ever club they play for.

While it would have been good for Western Sydney rugby if they had linked with the Blues I''d be backing the Souths option from what I'm told.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Michael Ala'alatoa was training with the Tahs today from the Folau training pics

I wouldn't read too much into it, so was AJ Gilbert.

Having a promising player training with you at a general skills session (like today's) costs very little. In fact, early in the season like now it provides extra bodies about the place for drills which can be good depending on what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.