• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Unchanged Randwick Line up for this weeks match at coogee. Harvey has sunk us on many occasions in the past (representing a few different teams). Be happy to see Samu swap with horwitz for the first few defence play and him and La La rush out of the line and Jam him to put him off his game.

Holmes brothers and welcome addition to Rats also, Randwick will have to be on their game!

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Unchanged Randwick Line up for this weeks match at coogee. Harvey has sunk us on many occasions in the past (representing a few different teams). Be happy to see Samu swap with horwitz for the first few defence play and him and La La rush out of the line and Jam him to put him off his game.

Holmes brothers and welcome addition to Rats also, Randwick will have to be on their game!
Agree - on last weeks form Warringah should be in the top 4. The Wicks will struggle if they repeat that.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
This means all these guys are going to miss rounds 16 and 17 of the Shute Shield.

Great for the players but what does it say about NSWRU's regard for the SS???

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby/News/NewsArticle/tabid/374/ArticleID/9853/Default.aspx

"Great for the players"? Maybe so for the aspirants from the Shute Shield but more likely an end-of-season junket for the established contracted players.

And yet another perversion of the Barbarians concept, following on from the appalling example previously set by the ARU in labelling Australia A as Australian Barbarians.

I was astounded to read: The club coaches have all been in to meet me and have been really positive about putting their players forward to participate in a tour against such a quality opposition, even though the Shute Shield is going on."

A bit different to my mail.

A seriously dimwitted idea consistent with Australian professional rugby's ongoing contempt for the competition which is the nursery for their players. But not to worry. When the local talent pool dries up the ARU can grant further dispensation for the contracting of mercenaries from overseas.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
"Great for the players"? Maybe so for the aspirants from the Shute Shield but more likely an end-of-season junket for the established contracted players.

And yet another perversion of the Barbarians concept, following on from the appalling example previously set by the ARU in labelling Australia A as Australian Barbarians.

I was astounded to read: The club coaches have all been in to meet me and have been really positive about putting their players forward to participate in a tour against such a quality opposition, even though the Shute Shield is going on."

A seriously dimwitted idea consistent with Australian professional rugby's ongoing contempt for the competition which is the nursery for their players. But not to worry. When the local talent pool dries up the ARU can grant further dispensation for the contracting of mercenaries from overseas.

Don't pull your punches Bruce....let us know what you really think;)
I agree with your comments, but what can you do.........come the revolution....

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Who picks the non contracted players? Is it made up of guys who can get off work or potential players? What happened to the guys who trained with them all off season last year, guys like Hickey and Ale? I'm glad only 1 Marlin is going but this move is best summed up by what Bruce wrote.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Those two (Mitchell and Barnes) are major parts of the culture that Cheika has developed. you want those leaders on the plane, in the hotel, in the pub post match, in the cab on the way home to show the new/young blokes what it means to be a good tourist.

Why wouldn't you make use of that experience if it were at your disposal. A tour like this (with nothing on the line) full of young blokes could go pear shaped very quickly

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Those two (Mitchell and Barnes) are major parts of the culture that Cheika has developed. you want those leaders on the plane, in the hotel, in the pub post match, in the cab on the way home to show the new/young blokes what it means to be a good tourist.

Why wouldn't you make use of that experience if it were at your disposal. A tour like this (with nothing on the line) full of young blokes could go pear shaped very quickly

Good point Gibbo!

Maybe they should see if Beale and O'Connor want to tag along also (and Dave Warner's apparently at a loose end too) to provide a contrast ;)

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)

Spot on Bruce. I noticed a few comments from Parra on twitter voicing their disagreements.

BellyTwoBlues care to elaborate? Haven't heard from you in a while

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Touring squad: Peter Betham, Berrick Barnes, Mitchell Chapman, Cam Crawford, Dave Dennis, Bernard Foley, Pat McCutcheon, Rob Horne, Sekope Kepu, Matt Lucas, Brendan McKibbin, Drew Mitchell, Tatafu Polota Nau, Paddy Ryan, Jeremy Tilse, Sitaleki Timani, Jed Holloway, Luke Holmes, Ben Volavola, Will Skelton, Tala Grey, Alofa Alofa, Jack Dempsey, Auvasa Falealii, Alex Gibbon, Terrence Hepetema, David Horwitz, Tolu Latu, David Lolohea, Usaia O'Sullivan, Kerren Straker, Sam Talakai, Keliti Vangalo, Liam Winton.

Knuckles Not too many Two Blues players in that Squad = TPN +? . Wouldn't Mighty 2 Blues be happy to be playing round 16 and 17 games against teams without their rock stars?

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
HJ, I said a similar thing - that this might be a blessing in disguise. Still, Adam Coleman has plenty of upside at this stage of his career and would have been worth a lot of thought.

Camo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Cracker of a rumour. Warren Livingston wants to buy the license from Gordon to play Balmain in SS.
Denial, Confirmation or rubbish. Anyone

Ha, that is a good one but I can categorically deny (and that is from the horses mouth)
Anyway, BRC are are looking to expand their operations into Rugby League and are the hot tip to buy the Mighty Rabbitiohs from Rusty! ;)

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Can I suggest a solution to NSWRU's lack of interest in the survival of Penrith. The club should jettison the emu emblem and embrace the big cat theme of the mungo's down the road and become the Penrith Pumas - guaranteed to get a tour of the Tahs ......

Cheika's press release is absolute BS and the Herald just slavishly prints it - what was the consultative process - what consultative process? Doesn't take long to be infected by the pointy end of town who are killing the SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.