• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I heard that there was going to be development at TG Milner field? Is that right? Specifically for player development/academy??

By the way, awesome idea from Sydney University Bruce Ross, great seeing a bit of heritage nostalgia being displayed, with the Newington v uni 150 years game before the test.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Any links for today's game? I know it is on the ABC, but not in Queensland.

Otherwise, updates for both games would be very gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
20 Minutes in and Randwick up 17 - 3 Against West Harbour. Horwitz having a fantastic game, apart from one hospital pass to Ford. Randwick looking lively in attack and the West Harbour defence has been poor, looks like they are targeting Usaia O'Sullivan who has made a few bad reads in defence. He will need to work on that if the tahs are serious about looking at him, I still feel Michael McDougall will the be the better option.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
More poor defence from West Harbour a few more good risky but cut-out passes from Horwitz paid off and he put Samu through a gap who offloaded to Hoiles. Samu was there to pick and drive over next to the post. Conversion successful 24 - 3. West Harbour defence has been very brittle today all over the park.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How did I suggest that in any form? I'm just saying if their listed 2nd grade side played any other 1st grade side in the comp, yes including Manly, Eastwood and Southern they would more than be competitive and even win.
Well Woodies 2nd grade knocked them off.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
Beautiful little kick through the line there by Horwitz unforunately the ball just didn't bounce right for #12. Really unlucky, but it was beautiful play by Horwitz.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
5 Minutes to go, Randwick 37 - 24, Ethan Ford scores in the corner after a good pass from #12 (was flat)

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A very good win to Wicks considering this time last week they were cooked.
Wests seemed out of sorts all day but credit to wicks and Horowitz who played well beyond his years.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
Full Time

Randwick 37 - West Hardour 24

Randwick rebounded well after last week. Horwitz was the standout for Randwick, took the ball to the line and his distribution was crisp and his decision making was good. He threw a couple of poor passes throughout the game but it was still a very accomplished performance from a young lad.

Ethan Ford finished off the tries well, Samu was fantastic in the forwards, played as a third centre for most of the game and he was a damaging runner all game.

Seavula also scored a great try, included a couple of chip kicks. Overall it was a good game, but Randwick just seemed to want it more, West Harbour will need to improve their defence massively next season if they really want to challenge.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
And the Woodies beat Southern Districts, a big surprise (to me, anyway). Now we have a good chance of getting to the grand final.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Great win against Souths for the woods from all accounts. Not bad against a side with 5 or 6 Super players while the woods have 1. If anyone was there I would love a report.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Great win against Souths for the woods from all accounts. Not bad against a side with 5 or 6 Super players while the woods have 1. If anyone was there I would love a report.

They've got something special, for sure. Dunno what it is. Team spirit, great leadership. A very good coach?

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
They've got something special, for sure. Dunno what it is. Team spirit, great leadership. A very good coach?

Great afternoon for the Woods it appears - all grades! Second grade must have been equally meritorious v Uni . Wamberal you must be loving it as a glass half full GAGR;)

Now for the MMM's to do the same tomorrow !

Status
Not open for further replies.