• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Manly just hold on to win 25-19. All Rats in the last 10. A bit more compsure in the second half and Warringah would have won that.

Concerning that there is a pattern of Manly starting strongly and playing flawless rugby for the first 20 minutes and then slowly fading for the last 60 and almost walking in the last 10 minutes of matches.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Manly just hold on to win 25-19. All Rats in the last 10. A bit more compsure in the second half and Warringah would have won that.

Concerning that there is a pattern of Manly starting strongly and playing flawless rugby for the first 20 minutes and then slowly fading for the last 60 and almost walking in the last 10 minutes of matches.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
A bit more pressure on the breakdown when Ali came on. That made a bit of a difference. But could easily have gone to Rats. Manly just seem to fade in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Welcome back Kotoni - hard work, dedication, and commitment. Well done, BOOM BOOM.
Welcome back Kotoni.jpg

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can't find results in other matches? I do know Syd Uni escaped with a win over Souths
Norths beat Penrith by 50
Eastwood beat Wests
Easts I think by less than a try over Randwick
Mighty Two Blues beat Gordon

Full results list:

Eastwood 38 v West Harbour 30
Gordon 14 v Parramatta 21
Northern Suburbs 59 v Penrith 5
Manly 25 v Warringah 19
Randwick 34 v Eastern Suburbs 31
Southern Districts 23 v Sydney University 27

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)

I note " Spewns" comments last week. The pattern is worrying for Marlins fans - Manly should have been up by 40 at half time .

Wests run Marlins and Woods close in 2 consecutive weeks ; perhaps a big second half of the season coming up? How did Wests 9 go today ? Was impressive last week.

Back to Manly - take 4 grades out of 4 any day particularly after Rats did it to Wicks last week.

Final point from Manly today Rats bigger and strong in forwards all day but no chocolates - Manly defence outstanding or Rats lacking out wide...?

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
On another note the eyes are fading and couldn't quite read one of the banners on the hill today but the words Pulver and this is us pissing $ up against thE wall may have featured. Are you listening ARU.....?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
On another note the eyes are fading and couldn't quite read one of the banners on the hill today but the words Pulver and this is us pissing $ up against thE wall may have featured. Are you listening ARU...?

Galah - as illustrated in the photo above the grass roots also holding up the wall. Walked inside and 7Two was showing some great footage of the wall Grass Roots wall ;)

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
So far this season, Manly to me have the best attacking potency (if you look at their first halves), Uni have best fitness (as per usual) and will grind out more wins this year as a result and Eastwood and Randwick have best balance between defence and attack. They also are best at the breakdown. Manly would be low down on that scale. Very tight competition. I don't think others will be in top four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Cliff Hanger was the star down at Coogee this afternoon.
Big crowd, bright sunshine, great banter from the Beasties and Wicks lower grade drinking teams, 4 tries each and the lead swapping several times in the 2nd half. Mr Pulver wasn't sighted (or sited), but maybe he should attend a few local derbies so he can understand what club rugby is all about and why he has a RESPONSIBILITY to provide support for it. If he doesn't believe that he should move on and give the job to someone who does.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
That's a bit harsh on Bill- not only is he regularly at Shute Shield games, he has son who plays grade at Easts, so I'm pretty sure he does have a good appreciation of the club game. He also probably has a bit of oversight of the overall health of rugby that you don't see..

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
That's a bit harsh on Bill- not only is he regularly at Shute Shield games, he has son who plays grade at Easts, so I'm pretty sure he does have a good appreciation of the club game. He also probably has a bit of oversight of the overall health of rugby that you don't see..

You may be right, but his refusal to provide any financial support to club rugby because they would "just piss it up against the wall" would suggest otherwise. Well done to the guys who created the banner quoting the above at Manly Oval today.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 9 Results

Intrust Shute Shield (1st Grade)
Eastwood 38 West Harbour 30
Gordon 14 Parramatta 21
Northern Suburbs 59 Penrith 5
Manly 25 Warringah 19
Randwick 34 Eastern Suburbs 31 (Randwick retain the Sir Roden Cutler V.C. Shield)
Southern Districts 23 Sydney University 27

Colin Caird Shield (2nd Grade)
Eastwood 41 West Harbour 15
Gordon 20 Parramatta 30
Northern Suburbs 66 Penrith 5
Manly 6 Warringah 3
Randwick 24 Eastern Suburbs 32
Southern Districts 25 Sydney University 15

Henderson Shield (3rd Grade)
Eastwood 61 West Harbour 5
Gordon v Parramatta
Northern Suburbs 73 Penrith 7