• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Off course not.
How about they have a month or so off after NRC?

They could hardly be claiming burnout.
Good to see they were all confident of missing playoffs, and booked ther hols.

something is wrong with them.
If I was a Shute shield coach I wouldn't want them coming back and infecting my team with whatever it is that afflicts them - let 'em go to Bali and catch something less contagious

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
something is wrong with them.
If I was a Shute shield coach I wouldn't want them coming back and infecting my team with whatever it is that afflicts them - let 'em go to Bali and catch something less contagious

Also reward the blokes who have done the hard graft to get there. They'll have their chance to show up the pro's if they are selected for the NRC. Club Rugby is their stomping ground.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Interesting to see Wicks have selected Henry Hutchison (Aussie 7s and U20s) on the wing in 2nds rather than disrupt the successful 1sts backline. Looks like he and Horwitz and Kellaway may have to earn their selections in 1sts ;)

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Jake Gordon appears to be the only Waratah in this week's run on teams. He must have left it too late to book flights and accommodation. May be a few non-holidayers on the bench I guess.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Interesting to see Wicks have selected Henry Hutchison (Aussie 7s and U20s) on the wing in 2nds rather than disrupt the successful 1sts backline. Looks like he and Horwitz and Kellaway may have to earn their selections in 1sts ;)
I reckon Wicks have got it exactly right. Start him in 2's & take it from there.
Kellaway is lucky the rules stipulate that Tabs contracted players are permitted to play 1's only. I'm a long term critic of Horwitz, but he was very strong both on & off the ball v Rats.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Fabulous game at Rat Park and Manly deserved winners. I don't think the Rats can go all the way with Josh Holmes at half. Just like all the years I've seen him in grade and Super level, he totally overplayed his hand today. Too many quick taps (yes I know Manly were offside in many of them, but the ref is not always going to pay that), too ball hungry and too lateral. I actually think he does the opposite of what a good half should do, which is bring others into the game. More often than not he runs away from his support or cramps his outside runners. I've believed it for years and today was my breaking point.

Credit to the Manly pigs. When they upped the ante in the second half this week they went the full 80. That last 10 minutes must have been excrutiating for Warringah fans and their players, with scrum after scrum.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Jake Gordon appears to be the only Waratah in this week's run on teams. He must have left it too late to book flights and accommodation. May be a few non-holidayers on the bench I guess.

Coach, wrong Nick Phipps played 10 for Sydney Uni he still studying. I wasnt sure that Wallaby squad players could play?

Status
Not open for further replies.