• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

Ziggy

Allen Oxlade (6)
And prior he was assistant with the Mens 7s program. I was talking about with Australian Super Rugby sides
yeah I get ya.
I think he definitely does.
If Coleman doesn't perform next season, could he be a candidate for the Tahs position?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Rumours circulating that Uni have once again broken the Colts points cap.

Can you provide further explanation of what that cap is? Never heard of it, but keen to ensure Colts aren't warehoused. I want to understand the mechanisms to which SRU are supposed to adhere...

Blazing Saddles

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can you provide further explanation of what that cap is? Never heard of it, but keen to ensure Colts aren't warehoused. I want to understand the mechanisms to which SRU are supposed to adhere...
At last recollection it was 40 total team points for Colts,100 for 1st grade ,60 points for 2nd grade , looks like Uni had a total of 41 points according to fuse sport. How the points are calculated someone may be able to supply the competition playbook.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I don’t kow about that. Bellamy is pretty quick on the draw when a calls against him.

Hoiles is a young coach who will learn. Time as an assistant would be good for tempering yourself because the assistant can’t be the one going ballistic.
Every chance it will be a very difficult habit for him to break.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Effectively a points budget for rep players so that one club can’t sign all the NSW and Aust Schools reps (now Gen Blue etc).

northerner

Frank Row (1)
For colts It's 40 points the following categories apply to colts :
Under 20 wallabies or 5 + caps of 1st grade or colts 1 at another club the previous season 6 points

Gen blue 4 points

All other players 2 points

Then local junior discounts and 1 point off per year at same club

Uni colts have been rotating colts through colts 2 and grade so everyone could play each week

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Bell in COVID cancel tournament also played 18s and Aussie 7s. Pretty sure. Unsure about Watson. Jensen was in squad and brumbies from memory
Fair point, real unfortunate for the graduating class of 19'.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Depend a lot on positions to play as much as possible. For example Icely would play first grade at Easts but a guy like Harry Wilson might not be intrested because Tuipolotu is there. Same with Albert at Eastwood and Teddy Wilson at Easts. Wilson likely to be in most Tah match day squads now Goddard is gone to the Brums

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
Depend a lot on positions to play as much as possible. For example Icely would play first grade at Easts but a guy like Harry Wilson might not be intrested because Tuipolotu is there. Same with Albert at Eastwood and Teddy Wilson at Easts. Wilson likely to be in most Tah match day squads now Goddard is gone to the Brums
Wilson going to easts.