• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Looks a pretty good Draw to me and there are some really good clashes to kick the season off including Waratahs hosting Albury, CSU will host City at the Uni & Temora v Young at Temora is a good local derby.Pretty early finish to the season (Aug 30) but I suppose that's because of the Split Competition format.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Looks good - planning on going to see acouple of games next year that are close to the act i.e coota, young, tumut - will also go and watch the Brumbies Provincial Comp again.

Steve80s

Bob McCowan (2)
CSU v City will be very interesting. I'd be tipping CSU, I think without the Lagali boys City's backline will miss the beat. But like all things, you don't know of what recruits the new season will bring.

Anyone heard of any other player changes/recruits??

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
No news on Ag College 1st XV coach as yet. I was told they were close to an announcement, but that must have fallen through.
Still accepting applications....

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sounds like more doors are closing than opening for Ag College in their search for a coach.They aren't in urgent need for a coach at the moment because most of the players won't be back on deck until late Feb next year when UNI resumes.

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
Sounds like more doors are closing than opening for Ag College in their search for a coach.They aren't in urgent need for a coach at the moment because most of the players won't be back on deck until late Feb next year when UNI resumes.

Sorry whistle happy, but I think you are either totally out of the loop or haven't got a real understanding of the club.
The past three pre seasons have had sessions (optional) before Christmas & then official training is well underway by Feb.
I might also point out that University goes back in early March for most students.
People other than current CSU students make up a rather larger portion of the club also.
So to say that not having a 1st XV coach it is not an urgent issue at the moment, could not be further from the truth.
I really should have mentioned my Collingwood AFL type succession plan idea.......

Phantom blogger

Frank Row (1)
Young have announced there coaches for next season. James Shannon and Aaron seaman. Both respected within the club. So hopefully the yabbies have a better season in 2014..

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Young have announced there coaches for next season. James Shannon and Aaron seaman. Both respected within the club. So hopefully the yabbies have a better season in 2014..

That's great news for the Yabbies.

The past three pre seasons have had sessions (optional) before Christmas & then official training is well underway by Feb.

I think the point above is valid for all clubs, I think it allows for a settled start to the season and the clubs that can have all these roles nailed down early in the off-season generally get off to a good start.

A wise old coach once told me that in bush footy, fitness will get you over the line for the first five rounds at least and I think this is definitely the case in this zone.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
with SIRU operating a split Comp after 11 Rounds it is imperative that Fitness is a very high priority in the Pre Season because if you leave your run too late you'll miss out.
Alarm Bells must be getting louder & louder for Aggies, no coaches & quite a few high profile players not committing at this stage, 2014 looks like a Romano's Cup year for a club that looked indestructible a few years ago. I'm sure they'll still give it their best shot next year

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
with SIRU operating a split Comp after 11 Rounds it is imperative that Fitness is a very high priority in the Pre Season because if you leave your run too late you'll miss out.
Alarm Bells must be getting louder & louder for Aggies, no coaches & quite a few high profile players not committing at this stage, 2014 looks like a Romano's Cup year for a club that looked indestructible a few years ago. I'm sure they'll still give it their best shot next year

Im not going to bash my club, but a few home truths need to be mentioned...
Alarm bells are ringing in the wrong or irrelevant peoples ears only whistle happy. The people who make decisions are basically unqualified or too naive to be in the roles they occupy.
I have been on the committee previously.
I come from a business background, where I deal everyday with procedures, committees, policies, professionals, boards, etc.. It only took me 20mins into my first meeting to realise that the people in executive should not be there. They are simply good club men who where / are out of their depth. Their job is more than filling out the teams sheets & washing the jersey's. It is not a case of some clubs where they are scratching around for members either. It reminded me of a school popularity contest.
They thought because they had a dozen good players, that the club was going to be dominant for decades. The attitude for the coaching position for 2014 was that because it was Ag College people would be lining up to coach.
The bells should have been ringing during the season & it should have been sorted out then.
Thats my rant!!

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
I find a good rant is liberating for the soul !
On a serious note , that situation is no different from what many clubs experience. Problems arise when essentially well meaning people make short sighted and poor decisions - and it takes years to recover! Trust us we know! The issue is getting the 'right' people on committees, and the problem with that is the 'right' people are often the busiest with the least amount of time. Our best success at our club has been getting an accountant to be our treasurer - amazing how much difference it has made! Books are balanced and funds are fully detailed. Get the finances sorted and life starts getting easier.

I have no doubt aggies will there and abouts in 2014, regardless of coaching dramas. Writing a side off in December is fun but rarely is accurate!

On a side track how good will it be with a third tier of rugby!!

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any updates on coaching positions for next year- I've heard Albury, Coota, Aggies & Leeton are still searching whilst talk at Reddies is that Mick Wakeling will take a step backwards from the Head Coach's role next year.

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any updates on coaching positions for next year- I've heard Albury, Coota, Aggies & Leeton are still searching whilst talk at Reddies is that Mick Wakeling will take a step backwards from the Head Coach's role next year.

Ah Whistle Happy, good to have a chalk on the forum.
What is happening in the coaching ranks over there? From what Im told, Wakeling is a club legend. Whats the story?
Also, can you provide any clarity on the rumors that Jack Burey & Joe Tora are headed back in 2014?

edwardob1987

Frank Row (1)
Ah Whistle Happy, good to have a chalk on the forum.
What is happening in the coaching ranks over there? From what Im told, Wakeling is a club legend. Whats the story?
Also, can you provide any clarity on the rumors that Jack Burey & Joe Tora are headed back in 2014?

Goes to show you can't believe what you read on here because Mick will be head coach next year at Reddies. He will have some experienced personnel assisting him as well so this will put the Reddies in a great position heading into 2014.

Jack has probably burned too many bridges at Reddies to return and from what I hear Tora will be heading to Temora. No links to him heading back to CSU

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
Goes to show you can't believe what you read on here because Mick will be head coach next year at Reddies. He will have some experienced personnel assisting him as well so this will put the Reddies in a great position heading into 2014.

Jack has probably burned too many bridges at Reddies to return and from what I hear Tora will be heading to Temora. No links to him heading back to CSU

Burned bridges? What do you mean? What we heard was that he wanted to go back to the chalks in 2014 & made some inquiries?

You chalks have some very experienced campaigners, particuarly in the backline. Is one of those guys stepping up to become an 'official'assistant or have you gone another way?

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Why would Burey want to even think about playing with the Reddies next year ?- Justin Wakeling (son f Mick) is half Back, Paul Hood runs the whole team at 5/8 and Mitch Fealy (SIRU Rep player)is dangerous at fullback. Burey wouldn't get a run in 1st Grade anyways. My positive comment is that he should stick with Ag College in 2014. The rumours are getting stronger that Tim Corcoran & Dave Armstrong will play for Waratahs next year & if that happens the Comp is all over bar the shouting

Status
Not open for further replies.