• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
Why would Burey want to even think about playing with the Reddies next year ?- Justin Wakeling (son f Mick) is half Back, Paul Hood runs the whole team at 5/8 and Mitch Fealy (SIRU Rep player)is dangerous at fullback. Burey wouldn't get a run in 1st Grade anyways. My positive comment is that he should stick with Ag College in 2014. The rumours are getting stronger that Tim Corcoran & Dave Armstrong will play for Waratahs next year & if that happens the Comp is all over bar the shouting

Whistle Happy, your 'rumors' of Corcoran & particularly Armstrong are at best laughable. I suggest you stick with the SIRU Website Forum, as that is possibly a more suitable place to publish these outlandish, defamatory (Waratahs are involved!!) & inaccurate 'rumours'. Id also suggest that you get your own house in order before you go slandering another club. I have heard from the 'horses mouth' that chalks are down a few key players heading into 2014, due to employment changes. I haven't mentioned it earlier as City were the flavour of the month. But what Aggie can ignore a chance to have friendly dig at the chalks??

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It's time for me to blow the whistle for the Final time & say goodbye to this Forum, Jack 01 seems to be running the show ??- he has plenty of theories, he's heard plenty of rumours (even from the Horse's Mouth!!)& has plenty of ideas but Politely I reckon he has got no Idea on the topic of SIRU .He even thought I was a Chalky which was a big insult.Good Luck to all. Hope your respective Club has a big 2014

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
Whistle Happy, I will clarify a few things.
Everything that I have said on this forum I can back up 100%. I have a very large rugby circle & network within this region. It is a by product of my employment. I understand what rumors are, but what I have said on this forum I feel is very close to fact as it always comes from very reliable sources. One thing I will not do is publish names in order to slander them. If guys are leaving clubs etc.. they can be men about it & tell their clubs themselves.
I assumed you were are a chalk, as you do seem to know a lot about them. I actually think they will have a ripper 2014.
If you cant handle a bit of lighthearted banter & want to resign from the forum, then I will not be loosing any sleep over it.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
The above posts are the reason to keep things positive on this forum. We want to have as many people from within the SIRU rugby community providing insight into clubs and their thoughts and ideas on the competition but it's important that we remain positive and open to ensure that we can all contribute.

Guys, the SIRU forum has been running on GAGR for three seasons now without issue, please don't start now. As I said above, the CSU intranet or any of the club rugbynet sites can be the place for name calling and bickering, leave GAGR for the good stuff!

rugbyfollower

Frank Nicholson (4)
Moving on, being from the uk our amateur and semi pro rugby comps have a cup that runs along side the league season. I have often thought it might be a good idea in some regional areas of nsw to possibly have the same. For example maybe the top five clubs from a zone compete against the top five in another zone throughout the season for example siru top 5 vs monaro top 5 or central west top 5. Qualification could be from The previous seasons final placings of the top 5. Zones could allocate one Saturday a month to cup games and you could have the odd mid week match under lights to make up for league matches possibly?. It could be strictly first grade but clubs depending on their situations I.e. resting players, injuries and availability could field a mix of 1st and2nd graders depending on how seriously they wanted to take it. If their priority was for their domestic comp or the cup that's up to them. It would only really lengthen the season by a month which in my opinion most clubs wouldn't mind. It would obviously have to involve zones with closer proximities to reduce travelling distances. It would be good for clubs to see how they were fairing against other zone standards, increased publicity for rugby is always good, player recruitment for people moving around the state for work commitments etc. it could even involve prize money if zones equally contributed. Call it the nsw country cup? Thoughts anyone?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Moving on, being from the uk our amateur and semi pro rugby comps have a cup that runs along side the league season.

I don't think this is a bad idea RF, but travel and work commitments would likely hold a number of clubs back from committing to this, particularly if it's a knockout format.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Nice idea but sadly I cant see it working successfully. I'm a big fan of too much rugby is not enough but the mass of players possibly don't look for that level of extended commitment.

On another note! Just read the DA's article on Albury securing a coach. No names as of yet but does anyone have any hints or leads?

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
Nice idea but sadly I cant see it working successfully. I'm a big fan of too much rugby is not enough but the mass of players possibly don't look for that level of extended commitment.

On another note! Just read the DA's article on Albury securing a coach. No names as of yet but does anyone have any hints or leads?

Great to see some rugby articles during the off season. Hopefully we get plenty more.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1983202/steamers-poised-to-announce-new-siru-coach/?cs=149

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1980216/wagga-to-have-new-rugby-union-field-by-2015/?cs=149

Ag College running out of viable options fast....A real test of character & leadership coming up in 2014.
My $$ is on Burey. Why? Plays in a good position for a leader, (9,10) would be well resourced & educated in the game through his employment & is young so no family commitments.

Thoughts?? (jb23??)

I haven't got a clue about Albury. Maybe one of their recently retired club legends??

Thoughts?? (steve80s)

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Everyone still on Holidays ?
Good to see Young sorting the off field out. Its important for the Yabbies to be stronger and stay within the SIRU ranks. Its also one of the more epic bus trips !

Any news on the Coota Tricolours? Are they any closer to a coach? And any inside goss from the Aggies after yesterdays DA story?

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
I find it puzzling that not having coaching staff appointed almost halfway into January is not alarming?
Privately, there are some 1st XV players that are seriously questioning themselves on their 'availability' for 2014. All of a sudden 'work' & or 'study' may become more of a priority for at least 3 guys. Two are brothers..

What was that 80's band called my dad used to listen to?

Oh yeah, Dire Straits.

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
I am told that Ag College are expected to announce 1st XV coach in the very near future.

Boys have been training, which displays good character through the perceived diversity.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Hamish has started the process to stay here on a longer basis. More on that later!

And yep Zac is staying with City as well. You'll see him in charge of the City Girls in season 2014 as a matter of interest. We've got a bit going on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.