• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Add to that the fact that Rugby Union has only been a registered competition in the region in reality since the mid '70's (about 40 years old). As opposed to the other 3 sports which are around 70 - 100 years old in the region.

Means we are the youngest competition in the region with the fewest numbers - we are punching above our weight!!!

A bit more research would have done you well Namtrak.
The Moore challenge Cup was formed in 1906 and ceased at the beginning of WWI.
The Byrnes Cup was reformed in 1949. Rugby has run continually since as different competitions and run by different provinces since 1949.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Despite a bit of History missing Namtrak I reckon u r on the ball, however with your player numbers I think u have under estimated SIRU a little bit - Earlier in the year Les Manure (aka - Les Muir from the the DA) had a shot at local Rugby (what else is new !) and McTaggart hit back at him with double barrells - McTaggart quoted numbers such as approx 1,200 senior players and about 850 Junior players playing Rugby in our Zone which I reckon is very good numbers despite A Rules & the Mungoes getting all the Publicity

The Wise One

Frank Row (1)
By looks of it Conolly new field has started.
Whistle Happy your numbers are close. From my information seniors are 1275 up from last year, jnrs 848 down from 857 2013. SIRU going along very well.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
What's the new field at Connolly?
Conolly #4 will be located on the southern side of Conolly #1 and will be built into the natural amphitheatre of that hill.

Excavation is under way at present to cut into the hill, fencing will be installed sometime over the coming months (any volunteers are more than welcome to put their hands up with that one! :) ) with irrigation (volunteers again?) and associated services to be installed once the cut and fill is complete.

I believe WWCC are also coming on board to assist with solving the issue of "Conolly Creek" as well. It will be disappointing to see Conolly Ck disappear to be honest, my kids love playing in the mud!

namtrak

Tom Lawton (22)
Conolly #4 will be located on the southern side of Conolly #1 and will be built into the natural amphitheatre of that hill......

Wow, thats a pretty big cut. Is it being seen as another training track - Field 3. Or a match to Field 1? Will it be at the same height as Field 1 or raised above it? So many questions....

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
the word I've got is that each of the Users (City, Waratahs, SIRU & Wagga Juniors) are putting in $20,000 each plus assistance with Labour etc. Gee couldn't Griffith do with an updated Venue !!

nipnipnip

Frank Nicholson (4)
Corcoran and Armstrong won't go back to Aggies. They left for a reason.
Yabbies have their 60th anniversary this year so hopefully will pull some old heads out of the woodwork!

FLasH

Bob McCowan (2)
apparantly wagga city will have a stronger playing group for 2015 with the confirmation of mick small back at the helm as 1st grade coach.. am hearing positive things with this coach back in the frame and also key players old and new confirming their commitment due to the new appointment..

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Is this a new pitch being developed just for rugby in Wagga Wagga?
Sure is my friend. This makes 4 fields at CRP and more space for the juniors between #3 and #4 as well.

Wow, thats a pretty big cut. Is it being seen as another training track - Field 3. Or a match to Field 1? Will it be at the same height as Field 1 or raised above it? So many questions..

My understanding is that the focus is on the surface preparation at this stage - drainage, irrigation, conduits for lights and other services. The surface is key at this stage.

WWCC have been really good, funding was secured and committed quickly, they have assisted with Enviro reports, WHS etc etc which has been great.

Lights, clubhouse, grandstand etc would come after the pitch. Right now, focus is on the cut and fill, temporary fencing, draining, irrigation, services and the like.

Any volunteers or budding philanthropists are welcome to assist however they can...

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
the word I've got is that each of the Users (City, Waratahs, SIRU & Wagga Juniors) are putting in $20,000 each plus assistance with Labour etc. Gee couldn't Griffith do with an updated Venue !!

They were also the major contributors to CRP when it was first developed and have been squirrelling away money for this over the past 10 years or so I believe.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
apparantly wagga city will have a stronger playing group for 2015 with the confirmation of mick small back at the helm as 1st grade coach.. am hearing positive things with this coach back in the frame and also key players old and new confirming their commitment due to the new appointment..

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm hearing different stories about the Mick Small appointment back at City for 2015?- a number of 2014 players are not happy that Kank has lost the Head Coach position and many of them feel Small has had enough chances but has failed to deliver!!!
It will be interesting to see their Pre Season numbers

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
palmer is standing down at Waratahs- Job Vacant, White either got the boot or moved oin at Coota ??, Tim Graham staying on as Captain / coach at Tumut, Don't know about Young, Leeton, CSU,Temora & Albury

FLasH

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm hearing different stories about the Mick Small appointment back at City for 2015?- a number of 2014 players are not happy that Kank has lost the Head Coach position and many of them feel Small has had enough chances but has failed to deliver!!!
It will be interesting to see their Pre Season numbers

words I hear from a few players is that their happy kank is not coaching them.. very little knowledge and has little to no clue what he is doing from their experience with him this year.. Sure small has had his opportunities.. but so did all black coach graham henry.. (of course there is the difference between the level of rugby and coaching) but small demands and earns respect from the players and has a good rugby knowledge.. the 2015 team may be the best team he will get to lead.. on and off the field.. who would be the 2014 players who are not happy kank is not the coach??.. players who couldnt make the 1st grade cut when small was coaching previously??

Status
Not open for further replies.