• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Predictions?

tumut by 5

City by 10

Aggies by 30

Tahs by 10

Seeing I only said they'd be 7 points in it last week (ref Tahs v Tumut) , I'll have to be very careful in regards tips !

Tumut (by lots hopefully - biased City man speaking there!)
City (as above)
Aggies by at least 25
Tahs by 7 (that hurt tipping tahs :()

Once again some life and death games for the 4,5,6 guys on the table ! Griffith need a win big time and I reckon Tumut will be hurting from that home loss last week. City and Aggies should consolidate their top 5 positions this week but nothing is certain in this comp!

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Whilst it looks apretty much standard round for winners tomorrow it is wort taking into account that CSU & Aggies matches usually dont go to script, the City v Albury rivalry with Honeyman & Raines (both coaches) is pretty raw and Griffith have their whole season to play for tomorrow at Adelong !
Whilst Waratahs are deserved hot favourites to win the Premiership it has probably been one of the most keenly contested Competitions in quite a while - Yes CSU & Albury have had ordinary seasons but they will bounce back next year once they do their reviews

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Everybody seems to be writing off the Blacks in their game against Tumut. Distance. History. The cold weather. Everybodysmatesam. The Bulls best take team photos before games. My mail is the Adelong S&C will not be the best place for happy snaps after the mud splatters.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
My spies tell me it was similar to previous matches for the 'Tahs. They start slowly then build up before half time to let their opponents know they are still there.
In the second half their fitness and class shine thru and not 1 Team at the moment can get near them.
Waratahs are shorter odds to win the Comp this year than Albury were at the same stage last season.
It will be interesting to see who their opponents are on GF day.City are too inconsistent, Aggies are too young and it looks like its out of Leeton & Tumut

willym

Bob McCowan (2)
leeton applied plenty of pressure in the first half which defintely put Tahs of our game a bit and if they played at that intensity for 80 minutes it could have been a different story.
Quite strange that all games this weekend are really dead rubbers in terms of finals make up. Tumut and Leeton playing 2 in a row. Plenty of resting might be happening this weekend?;)

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2016 Round Fourteen Preview:
The final round before the finals series and the top five is clearly set, nothing this round will change the way the finals series look although the Leeton v Tumut clash is a preview of next week’s hitout.

Griffith (6) v Albury (7)
A long road trip for the Steamers this weekend, might even be an opportunity for them to take a scalp before season finishes off? From all reports, they’ve got the foundations for a solid season in 2017 if they can keep their game plan under wraps and select the right committee.

The Blacks are likely disappointed in where they’ve ended up in 2016, Coach Francis has brought a positive vibe to the club since stepping into the main gig and hopefully this is something that Kieran McNabb and the boys at Griffith can take into the 2017 season. While there’s a bit to work on, the Blacks have plenty to look forward to.

City (4) v CSU (8)
Wagga City have been playing some Jekyll and Hyde footy in recent weeks, they probably need to work on maintaining their focus and work on some of the finer points of the game in this match. City will miss James Newnian, their English prop and need to look at how they can fill the void here – Maybe a return for the Love Bug?

CSU have limped through the season this year but there are still some shining lights out at the uni for them in 2016. Dean Smart has been a solid player for them again this season and with players like Brett Wendt and Mitch Fealy, there are building blocks there for the Reddies – once one of the tougher clubs to play against and always happy to get a bit loose off the field!

Ag College (5) v Waratahs (1)
A tough gig for the Aggies coming into the finals here, Waratahs are probably keen on finishing the regular season with their perfect record intact which is a big bridge for Aggies to get over. Camaraderie is something that the Aggies have clearly taken pride in this season and is an obvious strength for them as a club.

Waratahs were slow to start last week against the Phantoms and might need to be wary of a slow start on a slow track at Beres Ellwood Oval this weekend. They do come home strong though with genuine options off the bench and while they are not as fit as they could be, they appear to be fit enough at this stage of the season.

Leeton (3) v Tumut (2) – Match of the Round
The first of two big road trips for the Bulls this weekend here but it will give them a chance to test the Phantoms out before next weekend at the Exies. Leeton will be pretty happy with a home match to finish the regular season off, particularly knowing they only have to skip over to Griffith next weekend.

Leeton played a strong first 40mins against Waratahs last week and if they can maintain that intensity for 80mins, they definitely have the cattle to push Waratahs if they meet in the big dance. Big Joe Kafua-Penne came off early for the Phantoms last week and it’s hard to say what impact he may have had on the game if he played the game out, he was certainly warming into the game and combining well with Simon Vunilagi in the back row.

Tumut are still in a bit of a rebuilding phase late in the season, with Tino Manualevo only recently returning to 1st Grade from injury and Dan Dowson out injured, it will be interesting to see how they react to this game.

Leeton have a strong forward pack who can play well in the loose whereas Tumut have a pack that may not be as flash as the Phantoms, but they like the grind. The Bulls probably have an edge in the backline with a more experienced halves combination, although the Phantoms do have strength in Stuart Dyer there. Out wide, both teams are probably pretty evenly matched from what I’ve seen although it’s been a while since I’ve seen the Bulls go round.

I’m keen to see what these teams bring to the table this week in this match but will it be a genuine representation of what we’ll see next week?

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
City will miss James Newnian, their English prop and need to look at how they can fill the void here

If there is any one thing that annoys a Welshman its being called English!

Tahs by 17+
City by 12+
Blacks by 30+
Tumut by 3

Should be a wet old weekend and that may affect a few scorelines possibly. Cant wait to see Willy M's tips !

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2016 Round 14 scores- Waratahs 41 d Wagga Ag 12, Tumut 23 d Leeton 17, City 57 d CSU 5, Griffith 40 d Albury 27

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Haven't really had the opportunity to do this before, so here is my run down sheet for the finals.

Week One

Aggies v City

This could really go either way. If it is a close game then I think Aggies might get over the line with their more mobile forward pack and youthful exuberance. On the other hand, with JC controlling things out the back City could also put 30 points on them pretty quickly.

My Prediction: City by 18

Leeton v Tumut

Really depends on which Leeton turns up. Tumut have a more structured style which is being orchestrated well by Tino, however Leeton have that potential X-factor. I think Seru's experience in finals football will mean a lot this year and it will help them go far.

My Prediction: Leeton by 1

Week Two

City v Tumut

This is where the rubber will hit the road for City. The dominant Tumut forward pack will be smarting from the close loss in the first week of the finals and will be out for redemption. The speedy Tumut outside backs will work together to nullify City's counter attack

My Prediction: Tumut by 13

Waratahs v Leeton

Will Mitchells Ferrari will be let out of the garage for this one. Waratahs are going to benefit hugely from the rest and will coast into the Grand Final. The Leeton boys though, will go to school on the game and will have their plans in place should they meet again

My Prediction: Waratahs by 27

Week Three

Leeton v Tumut

Leeton will be leaning on their experience in finals here and will overcome a Tumut team desperate to progress further. This one will be a dog fight right down to the final whistle. Draw at full time. Marika Vunibaka drop goal the difference at extra time

My Prediction: Leeton by 3

Week Four

Waratahs v Leeton

This time the rest between games will have the opposite effect. Leeton will be battle hardened warriors coming into this game, whereas the Waratahs will be more akin to fresh, injury free cherubs. If Waratahs don't put this game away in the first 25 minutes, then it will be a scrap until the final whistle. I think the desire in some of the Waratahs forwards will be pretty compelling towards the end of the game and will get them over the line for a well earnt victory

My Prediction: Waratahs by 4

I'm contacting Ladbrokes now to see what an accumulator bet on all six games is worth. Get on it.

willym

Bob McCowan (2)
Waratahs v Leeton

Will Mitchells Ferrari will be let out of the garage for this one. Waratahs are going to benefit hugely from the rest and will coast into the Grand Final. The Leeton boys though, will go to school on the game and will have their plans in place should they meet again

My Prediction: Waratahs by 27

Week Three

Leeton v Tumut

Leeton will be leaning on their experience in finals here and will overcome a Tumut team desperate to progress further. This one will be a dog fight right down to the final whistle. Draw at full time. Marika Vunibaka drop goal the difference at extra time

My Prediction: Leeton by 3

Week Four

Waratahs v Leeton

This time the rest between games will have the opposite effect. Leeton will be battle hardened warriors coming into this game, whereas the Waratahs will be more akin to fresh, injury free cherubs. If Waratahs don't put this game away in the first 25 minutes, then it will be a scrap until the final whistle. I think the desire in some of the Waratahs forwards will be pretty compelling towards the end of the game and will get them over the line for a well earnt victory

My Prediction: Waratahs by 4

I'm contacting Ladbrokes now to see what an accumulator bet on all six games is worth. Get on it.[/quote]

I hope that these predictions are correct!
I think Aggies are a dark horse for finals, proven they can compete with Leeton, Tumut and City. Very interesting set up if they play for 80mins....

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Whats sports tab paying on that selection ? Might get a multi on!

On a serious note , any timings out on Saturday yet ?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Whats sports tab paying on that selection ? Might get a multi on!

On a serious note , any timings out on Saturday yet ?

Good chat boys, 10/10 will recommend!

Game Timings will be out tomorrow following the SIRU Board Meeting tonight.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Tips for the Weekend - going for 6 out of 6

Women's- City to beat CSU & Tumut to beat Waratahs
2nds- Griffith to defeat Waratahs & Tumut to beat Aggies
1st Grade - Leeton to overturn last Saturday's result and beat Tumut and Wagga Ag to beat City
If the weather holds it should be a great day of Finals at the Exie's at Griffith on Saturday

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Timings for the weekend as follows:

Exies #1
1300 Wagga City v CSU (Women's)
1345 Waratahs v Griffith (2nd Grade)
1515 Tumut v Leeton (1st Grade)

Exies #2
1145 Tumut v Waratahs (Women's)
1230 Tumut v Ag College (2nd Grade)
1355 Wagga City v Ag College (1st Grade)

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Griffith 2nds should be able to have a pretty handy side on Saturday with their 1sts missing out on the Finals, they might go all the way.
The two 1st Grade Finals are too close to call.
The word is that the Albury & CSU coaches have pulled the pin for next year.
Anyone got any confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.