• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
The word is that the Albury & CSU coaches have pulled the pin for next year.
Anyone got any confirmation.

I keep hearing about deep seated issues between the Steamers Committee and their Coach, word is they've never seen eye to eye since a well documented media blackout, nor has the 2016 Committee bought into the "fear shame and spite" routine their Coach holds so dear to his heart.

It's a shame it's come to this, surely a mediation session is called for here. Anyone got beef?

#JusticeForCoachMickR

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I keep hearing about deep seated issues between the Steamers Committee and their Coach, word is they've never seen eye to eye since a well documented media blackout, nor has the 2016 Committee bought into the "fear shame and spite" routine their Coach holds so dear to his heart.

It's a shame it's come to this, surely a mediation session is called for here. Anyone got beef?

#JusticeForCoachMickR

That is gold, sadly sorting fact from fiction has become problematic, CoachMickR is a chatty bugger. The reality is, it was entirely amicable. :)

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Must be Time for Richard Manion to take over the "Raynes" (sorry about the Pun) at the Steamersnext year- he had a bad run with injuries apparently this year but it will be interesting to see if he helps the Steamers next year or walks the "Retirement" track

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
#Justicefor3ply is my personal favourite .......

Tips for weekend?

1's Major Tumut by a whisker v Leeton
1's Minor City for the win over Aggies
2's Major Tahs by 3 (this will be a cracking game I think - Griffith can do it though!!)
2's Minor Tumut by 12 over Aggies

Womens Major City by 10 over Reddies
Womens Minor Tumut by 15 over Tahs

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Interested to hear peoples thoughts on who, new to SIRU, has made an impression this season.

Obviously Angus Le Lievre, along with Simon Vunilagi have been standouts this season.

Who else has impressed?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Who else has impressed?

Tom Hallam at Waratahs has had a handy season from all reports;
The Wagga City back three have the makings of a strong combination;
Tom Mouat at Tumut will serve them well into the future;
Josh Ryan at Albury has potential to develop at this level, their bearded #7 is handy;
Magic Mike Van Diggelen and the Ag College back row are a strong nucleus for them;
Griffith have a level of depth that they need to harness;
Reddies are served well by Dean Smart;
Obviously Simon Vunilagi and Stuart Dyer at the Phantoms.

There is some good potential within the zone, I'm looking forward to seeing the 2016 Finals Series kick off tomorrow across all grades where our best talent is display for the next four weeks!

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2016 Finals week 1 - Leeton 23 d Tumut 12 & Wagga City 22 d Wagga Ag 20

Qualifying Finals
1st Grade- Leeton 23 d Tumut 12

2nd Grade- Griffith 28 d Wagga Waratahs 13

Women's 7-A-Side- Wagga City 26 d CSU 10

Elimination Finals
1st Grade - Wagga City 22 d Wagga Ag. 20

2nd Grade- Tumut 22 d Wagga Ag. 10

Women's 7-A-Side- Tumut 15 d Wagga Waratahs 12

Next Saturday at Conolly Rugby Complex, Wagga

Major Semi Finals
1st Grade- Wagga Waratahs v Leeton

2nd Grade- Wagga City v Griffith

Women's 7-A-Side- Leeton v Wagga City

Minor Semi Finals
1st Grade- Tumut v Wagga City

2nd Grade- Wagga Waratahs v Tumut

Women's 7-A-Side- CSU v Tumut

McMullen Cup (3rd Grade) Elimination Finals
Hay v Tumut

Deniliquin v Wagga Ag.

Wagga Waratahs v Wagga City

Griffith v CSU

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
There was some good rugby played in Griffith on Saturday, well done to the victors.

Leeton's defense impressed, I'm not sure how they managed to keep the Bull's scoreless in that first 25 minutes but they won the game there.

The Phantoms will have to step up a couple of gears to match it with Tahs... They were in the same situation last year and got belted by Albury, will they fare any better this time round????

Tumut should be too strong for City and will then be hard to beat at home in the grand final qualifer

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Big weekend coming up for Tumut and City with all 4 teams from both clubs making the second week of finals. I note the potential for Tumut to have all four teams knocked out - make for an interesting set of finals the following week.....

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
I'd rather be facing the potential to be getting kicked out of the Finals after Week 2 that not making any Finals at all and for that Matter not even coming steaming Close to making the Finals
Tumut will host the Week 3 Finals at Tumut whether or not we have any teams playing or not - they'll turn on a Good Day just like Griffith did I imagine and enjoy hosting all the other Clubs
It is a Fantastic achievement for a small club like Tumut to have 4 Grades still alive in Week 2

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'd rather be facing the potential to be getting kicked out of the Finals after Week 2 that not making any Finals at all and for that Matter not even coming steaming Close to making the Finals
Tumut will host the Week 3 Finals at Tumut whether or not we have any teams playing or not - they'll turn on a Good Day just like Griffith did I imagine and enjoy hosting all the other Clubs
It is a Fantastic achievement for a small club like Tumut to have 4 Grades still alive in Week 2
Well said, wasn't trying to put the Mocker on Tumut - I can safely say that having Silly Sunday in July is no fun at all. All kudos to Tumut and the other one team towns that put it to the Wagga juggernauts.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
On that note, what a great facility Griffith has at their disposal in Exies oval! Well done to the Blacks on a well run and well organised day.

Now what odds would you give for something like that facility in Wagga one day ? Maybe even better dressing sheds would be a start !

Tips?

1's Major :Tahs by a lot
1's Minor :City by not much

2's Major : City by 10
2's Minor : Tahs by 13

3's : Deni, Hay, City and Griffith to go through

Womans : City in an upset over Leeton and Reddies to beat the Bullettes

This weekend will be a big test of the Connolly surface. We (City that is) haven't trained on it for 7 weeks now. 10 games on a fragile surface will certainly make it a bit of a mess !

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Now what odds would you give for something like that facility in Wagga one day ? Maybe even better dressing sheds would be a start !

Couldn't agree more... I think the 4th field is a complete waste of money until the other facilities are improved. Only 2 change rooms and 4 fields doesn't make any sense. The change rooms are always covered in water and mud, inadequate toilet facilities for both men and women spectators, I don't think there has been a warm shower for first grade in the last 10 years.

This year we were charged $7.00 for the privilege of walking through a river to get in, wet change rooms and a cold shower after playing in freezing conditions - what a disgrace

Enough of my rant... You seem very confident in City's fortunes on Saturday Bubba ;)

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
You seem very confident in City's fortunes on Saturday Bubba ;)

I'm hardly going to tip against the side I coach, the club I'm on the committee for and the club I played for am I ?? o_O

As for the ground , fully agree it needs upgrading. But heres the kicker ! We have to charge $7 per person just to meet the costs of hiring the ground ( rent increased last fiscal year) off WWCC each year yet our facilities have not been upgraded or improved in any shape in the last 10 ! That's a ground we cant use for 6 weeks in the pre season because of the oversow, a ground we haven't (us or tahs) trained on in 7 weeks. Essentially , what I'm saying is that we pay a lot for not much! Plus we have to fork out for ground 4 as well. Which we didn't really need. I'd love to see the dressing sheds and canteens upgraded as soon as possible.

Given that the juniors have switched to parramore (the RL ground at equex) do we need the new ground at all?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
On that note, what a great facility Griffith has at their disposal in Exies oval! Well done to the Blacks on a well run and well organised day.

Agree, great setup.

I was speaking to a well connected Griffith contact on the weekend. The Exies Club have $1.2M to spend at that venue which will include new lights, doubling the shed space, extending the deck area North and South and a new full colour video capable scoreboard.

The aim that the Exies Club has is to host a SuperRugby/AFL/NRL/A League match there every year.

They presently sponsor the Griffith Blacks/Swans/Waratah Tigers and a Soccer Club in an effort to ensure that at least one of these sporting codes is playing at their venue on a weekly basis, preferably more than one.

I also agree that the CRP #4 is too much grass, not enough shed space but the money that was secured needed to be spent on that block of land to secure the grass for Rugby Union.

Anyone got a lazy $1M to throw at CRP sheds? Did I hear someone say Tuggeranong?

nipnipnip

Frank Nicholson (4)
I played at Tuggeranong Viking Park on the weekend. The fields were like manicured bowling greens, never seen anything like it! They also had 6 change rooms!

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I played at Tuggeranong Viking Park on the weekend. The fields were like manicured bowling greens, never seen anything like it! They also had 6 change rooms!

It's something else isn't it mate. Don't forget the licensed club/s there too. Electronic scoreboard, time clock, video facilities, coaches boxes, the list goes on!

Status
Not open for further replies.