• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Great season everyone, I think the best teams all season (minor premiers) were crowned champions which is a fitting result.

Grand Final day itself was outstanding with enthralling matches across all the grades, great weather, great crowd and great rugby - what more can you ask for.

Again fantastic effort from Sam doing his previews each week.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
How is it that Waratahs got so close to beating the unbeatable Leeton team. Looking to 2018 what happens to Leeton? Do the Fiji contingent which made up the majority of the team continue on?

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Waratahs like City (2016) & Themselves (2015) gave the Hot Favourites (Leeton, Waratahs & Albury) a real run for their money in the Grand Final.
My theory is that the Minor premiers only play twice in a month and they lose their cohesion and teamwork.
I reckon it should be a Top 4 not Top 5
Who knows where Leeton is headed in the future- same could be asked of all the Clubs
Seru & Marika were with Griffith in 2014 but won't go back while certain people are still involved with the Blacks
A former player told me during the Finals that he is concerned about Griffith's future if they don't sort a lot of things out during the off season

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Seru and Marika are Phantoms now. I wouldn't have thought the Blacks or either of them would be entertaining a re-union. Did the former player elaborate Happy on what the things that needed sorting out were?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Some food for thought for those keeping an eye on the CW Competition...

http://www.centralwesterndaily.com....-biggest-restructure-in-over-a-decade/?cs=104

http://www.centralwesterndaily.com....-cup-clubs-should-enter-second-division-poll/

I hear there has been minimal consultation on this, regardless, it does present some interesting situations for the CW Competition with so many clubs to keep playing rugby.

Top Tier: 1sts, 2nds, Colts Mandatory
Likely: Orange Emus, Bathurst Bulldogs, Dubbo Roos, Orange City, Forbes Platypi, CSU Bathurst

Second Tier: 1sts, 2nds Mandatory
Likely: Cowra Eagles, Parkes Boars, Dubbo Rhinos, Mudgee Wombats, Narromine Gorillas/Geurie Goats/Blayney Rams/Cootamundra Tricolours

Graincorp - North & South (no more Central Division) One Teamers: Note I have assumed that Coota and Blayney are playing Graincorp Cup below...

North (guessing) Molong, Yeoval, Trangie, Orange Ag, Blayney, Wellington, Coolah

South (guessing) Coota, Temora, Wyalong, Condo, Grenfell, Harden

It's an interesting scenario, particularly considering that the Graincorp South teams look very much like the "Old South West" Clubs that came to SIRU in 2000.

Would SIRU have them back? Would the clubs want to come back? What scope for Hay/Deni? Remember back in those days all those clubs fielded two teams and are now one team clubs.

What does the future hold for SIRU and Central West?

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Coota haven't got the players for 2 Grades -Full Stop.
They wanted to play in a 1 Team Comp without much travel and yet they could find themselves going to Blayney 3 Times this year
Harden & Condo have been forfeiting matches during the year in C/West
My advice to SIRU is let sleeping dogs lie and let Coota & Temora sort out their own mess
The SIRU Comp is much better without the Tri Colurs and Tuskers as it has become a proper Home & Away Comp now- without the split we used to have

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
What's happening in 2018? Surely something contentious has arisen that can provoke conversation. Have any coaches been appointed? Is the AGM likely throw up some controversial issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.