• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Good to see Mark Fisher taking on the 1's job at Reddies. A very capable coach and very technically skilled and dare I say it the disciplinarian that maybe Reddies needed.

I wonder how many camouflage types will end up in Red now ?o_O

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
Good to see Mark Fisher taking on the 1's job at Reddies. A very capable coach and very technically skilled and dare I say it the disciplinarian that maybe Reddies needed.

Well done to the Reddies for getting this done, Im told he can coach. He'll need to gather the 'troops' together, as Spain cost them at least 12months in development of their desired culture. I commend the president admitting they need to work hard for the student vote. As for your comment @bubba regarding the possibility of RARC players going red, Im not sure if this is compatible with the reddies newfound vision of a more student centred club.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
One should always look at an organisation/business/competition to see how the weakest link/performer/team can be improved. This point-of-view stems from my earnest belief a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. So, work on the weakest link; to read of the progress being attempted at the Reddies augurs well for their future and that of the competition. Yeah, someone has to come last, but they don't have to get flogged every week. To my mind a good competition's one where the bottom team gives the top team a bloody hard match.

CSU Rugby brains trust: how about getting up a good women's rugby team from all those female students? If there's a successful women's team at the Reddies the blokes'll soon follow.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
One should always look at an organisation/business/competition to see how the weakest link/performer/team can be improved. This point-of-view stems from my earnest belief a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. So, work on the weakest link; to read of the progress being attempted at the Reddies augurs well for their future and that of the competition. Yeah, someone has to come last, but they don't have to get flogged every week. To my mind a good competition's one where the bottom team gives the top team a bloody hard match.

CSU Rugby brains trust: how about getting up a good women's rugby team from all those female students? If there's a successful women's team at the Reddies the blokes'll soon follow.

Good points mate and I agree wholeheartedly. We are only as strong as our weakest link.

In reference to the Women's team for CSU, the Reddies have been oneof the more successful teams in the competition since inception (other than the Diana's).

The Reddies have developed such talents as Claudia Obst (training with ARU) and Brittney Bedford (played for Brumbies XV recently).

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)

I think you'll find the Reddies' Womens team were beaten in the 2015 Grand Final by the Leeton Dianas
The Women are not the problem for CSU it is definitely the
Guys - who just don't seem to have played with much spirit in recent seasons
A lack of Fitness and poor defensive structures have let them down badly in the last 2 years
I don't know if the new coach is the answer but hopefully they can only travel onwards & upwards in 2017

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Keep an eye on the SIRU website, I'd expect it'll be updated pretty soon.

Round One is on the 8th April, GF Day is the 26th August.
Three general byes this year.
One for Easter, then two in a row, June Long Weekend for BPT in Monaro (venue TBA) and one for the Brumbies Provincial vs NSW Country in Canberra.

http://www.southerninlandru.com/laddersdraws.html

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Clubs were apparently sent a copy of the Draw yesterday so I hope it gets on the Website shortly

Apr 8- Round 1- Griffith v Wagga Ag, CSU v Albury, Waratahs v City & Leeton v Tumut

Grand Final re-match in Round 1 should be a beauty after all the Post Match dramas after last year's Grand Final

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Grand Final re-match in Round 1 should be a beauty after all the Post Match dramas after last year's Grand Final

I also hear some words that there is potentially a three way Women's XV tournament in Wagga that day as well. NSW Country, Victoria and ACT.

Would make for a great day of rugby!

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I just read on the Griffith Area News facebook page that the Griffith Blacks are on the verge of signing an o'seas International Level coach who is currently touring with the national 7s team. Apparently his son is a player in that country too and will be playing for the Blacks this season as well. With a major coup like this it could well be the Year of the Blacks!

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Let's see what happens over the coming weeks, hone fully the Blacks can bring an international coachieve to SIRU.

Positive tor hear that guys like Enoch Tia are involved with 1st Grade again and some stability in 2nds with Ina Pulega coaching again.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Congratulations to Dylan Pietsch on his selection in the Aussie Sevens team for the Wellington leg of the Sevens circuit.

A Wagga kid with Phantom lineage, a great effort. Give email heaps young fella.

Catch it on Fox 28th and 29th January.

He'll be wearing #8

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
James Curgenven to the Tumut Blues. That'll hurt City and SIRU, a shame to lose him to Loig. One of the nice guys of the local comp. All the best James. Just remember anything above the eyebrows is legal.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'd say the Cheque Book won over in the end with the Blues splashing out big Money all over the place
Sounds as if Honeyman (City) is the only man left standing in the coaching ranks for next year
Every other Club has either found a replacement or is still looking
Musarra back coaching at Albury will be a steadying ship for the Steamers this year

outonthefull15

Frank Row (1)

I have heard that Fish is quite a competent coach. Wishing him all the best for the year.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It's not going to be easy for Fisher at Reddies
They have fallen away in recent years after a Golden Run a Decade or so ago
This could be Reddies make or break season
Fisher is an Army man so you would presume the fitness & discipline side of things will be his first priority
a Win over Albury in Round 1 at the Uni will be important

Old Fart

Stan Wickham (3)
The mumurs coming out of Aggies is that this is old news with a lot of interest in the job including a couple of former and recent premiership coaches. It appears that one or many will be locked in sooner rather than later and this may make them a stronger force this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.