• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Have Aggies named their Head Coach for this season yet

The word is they have got great numbers at Training but who is running the show this year

An Ag teacher at Mt Austin High, Brad Kent ? Name is probably
you wrong, went through WAC as a student with a league background. The only club yet to secure a coach is Griffith I believe.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Someone told me City are now looking for a new coach ?

The Comp is less than a month away and apparently the search is on

they get rid of their old coach and don't have a replacement for him ???

There must be something in their Constitution that tells them to act this way

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Did anyone get to Kapooka yesterday? Were there only the three SIRU clubs?

Tahs, Leeton and CSU played.

Reddies played Leeton in the final and went down 40-10 despite two yellow cards to Leeton.

Leeton were in their element in 10's, with unlimited subs and heaps of room. They had a handy 7 and a 14 who played well. Reddies were well served by Mitch Fealy and Dean Smart.

Brent Merritt was voted player of the tournament.

The Reddies Women's team were very clinical and showed that they are really becoming a cohesive unit. Claudia Obst was voted player of the tournament.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
I heard a rumour there mightn't be enough teams for a Comp this year

That's some quality rumor mongering considering SIRU sent out an email to the clubs on Monday with the nominated clubs for women's and 3rd grade - 8 in each, only Albury & Leeton not in 3rd grade

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
3rd Grade Draw will be released shortly. There may be some changes to the draw, however the competition will definitely go ahead.

Where do you blokes hear this stuff?

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
i heard that rumour over a month ago - CSU didn't have the numbers and Griffith & Hay were Question Marks - best thing to do is ask your Club what is going on

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
any news if City have found a coach yet - The Comp starts in less than a month
Maybe the Assistant coach from last year Jason ?? can take over the Job

Phantom

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey Yourmatesam, does the draft draw include the Brumbies coming into the SIRU comp, I heard they're looking for a new home. Reckon they would get bigger crowds out here too.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Hey Yourmatesam, does the draft draw include the Brumbies coming into the SIRU comp, I heard they're looking for a new home. Reckon they would get bigger crowds out here too.

They're relegated to Thirsty Thirds. First match an away game to the mighty Hay Cutters, players must hitch hike to get there as there's nothing left in the kitty for travel. A gofundme page has been set up for shorts and socks, they've managed to pick up a set of jerseys from their major sponsor the Ashmont Inn who had some gear generously donated by Mr Craig Field.

I reckon they're in the firing line.

I hear Bill Pulver is in Young tonight for a dinner to launch the Yabbies season, I wonder if he'll get out in one piece?

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any updates on the Coach for Wagga City yet ?? - Have they sent an SOS to Nathan Honeyman.
Maybe it's back to the old hands such as Small, Kank, Callaghan or Quilty to take over
Maybe the teacher from Mt Austin could be approached
This situation is not good for the Club's supporters

Old Fart

Stan Wickham (3)
Wow didn't see that one coming! Will must see something special in that Aggies team to come out of retirement for. Should we expect big things from the men in the green and gold?

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Apparently Aggies have got great numbers at Training so that might have helped with Mitchell's decision
Any Trials this Weekend for any of the Clubs ?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Any Trials this Weekend for any of the Clubs ?
Tumut v Waratahs @ Adelong, Friday Night
City v Griffith @ Mater Dei, Saturday - Women's kickoff at 1:30pm, Men from 2pm
WAC v HAC @ CSU, Saturday - Women's kickoff at 1:30pm, 1st Grade from 3:15pm

old boiler

Frank Row (1)
How much notice do we really take of trials ? is it an early form guide ? or Just a chance to get your shoulders warmed up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.