• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers v Tahs, round 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We need a big man in the backline without Folau, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the only one that penetrates.

Getting pretty tired of Robinson, TPN and Kepu's performances - when the scrum isn't dominant they're just not putting in around the field, dropped balls, ineffective cleanouts and poor discipline.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Tahs' putting themselves under pressure with some unforced errors, both handling and kicking.

Stormers' defence has been very good especially on the few occasions that the Tahs have been attacking inside their 22m.

Potgeiter, Skelton, Douglas & Hooper are all playing well. Tahs will be pleased to have the lead, 10-8, at H/T which could've gone the other way but for some wayward place kicking.

Tahs must capitalize on their opportunities to much greater effect in the 2nd half if they're going to escape from Newlands with victory.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Skelton needs to put away the off the ball stuff, getting tiresome now

Exactly he came from the side, well from the stromers side ... Cheika going off about it must not punish stupid...

Tah's should work this but I see some dumb play..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Skelton appears to be having 2nd year syndrome or something - he's certainly not at the level he was last year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tahs get some breathing space. Out by more than a converted try.

Still trying too hard for the miracle try.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thought was a harsh call, he came thru reasonably straight, seen much worse cleanouts.

really he seems like his getting lazy and just hitting rucks just cos he hopes he can..

Carn Tahs (never thought I would say that)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
really he seems like his getting lazy and just hitting rucks just cos he hopes he can..

Carn Tahs (never thought I would say that)

You really shouldn't be going for us, we're 1 point behind you with a game in hand.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
You really shouldn't be going for us, we're 1 point behind you with a game in hand.
Yeah but I think we can win it all the times and Australian are my home.. so will take you when it brumbies tahs force reds in the finals.. no my team but I want to beat you 3 times in a season

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So basically we will beat you when it counts...so cheering for the Tahs vs Stroms dont count .

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hilarious. Stormers down by 11 with 8 mins to go and they kick it away. Their 2014 is our 2012.

Go Tah's why are they so frantic...How people said Foley should be in front of Cooper To'omua Lealifanio is beyound me even Beales before him

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Tahs played smart & won the territory game and deserved their win. Two long range penalty goals by Beale maintained the scoreboard pressure.

Great scrambling defence in the last 5 minutes by the Tahs to hold their line in tact with the win already secured - excellent character.

Can't wait for the huge derby against the Force next week. Expect the home crowd will be like a 16th man.

Status
Not open for further replies.