• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers v Tahs, round 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Stormers under immense pressure to win a game. They're a different beast at home - I still recall that Chiefs game in 2013 where they played scintillating running rugby and beat them (so they're capable of turning it on). Should win 45-20 (6 of the Stormers tries to be from mauls to 2 tries to Izzy)

Hard to score tries from the sideline and that assumes Foley kicks 2 conversions.

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
Deon Fourie at hooker is a worry. If he gives away as much possession as last week with crooked throws, the Tahs can look forward to a comfortable win.
Deon Fourie at hooker is a worry. If he gives away as much possession as last week with crooked throws, the Tahs can look forward to a comfortable win."

There is another team in the Super Rugby which has a poor line out execution other than than my beloved Tahs... My weekend is looking positive already, thank you Brumby Runner!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Look at what Fourie has had to throw at. The locks are poor.

Tahs will duly hand some line out ball back in amongst Cheika's rabid yelling from the sidelines.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Lance in midfield, Kurtley pulling a Kwade. Not really surprised as the Stormers are hardly overflowing with noted artists of running rugby in the midfield and we'll need the beef there to cut them down. Hardly matters what numbers they're wearing anyway.

Stormers will be desperate for a win, and bosh away all day in front of a raucous home crowd who will cheer every exit from their own half.

Weather looks clear according to the Interwebs, but we need to fix our handling if we're to be a threat.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Well, with that line up we can expect the stormers to have Beale catching lots and lots of high balls

I expect the game to revolve about his ability to defuse their only real attacking threat

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Missing Folau again is certainly worrying. Foley needs to step up this week and provide more opportunities for the rest of the backline. Beale needs to diffuse the high ball and chime into the line much like Folau was doing. I expect we'll still see Beale appear at first receiver a fair bit even from fullback.

You've got to think that Rob Horne blew his chance getting suspended last weekend. If he'd been available I would guess he'd have had a shot in the 12 jersey ahead of Lance this week.

The Tahs have to play smart and greatly reduce the penalty count from last week. If they can reproduce the physicality they had against the Sharks they should get on top of the Stormers pack. The backrow is threatening, but I don't think there is nearly as much starch in the tight five.

Foley has to kick his goals this week. I think it will be a low scoring close encounter and the Tahs won't win if Foley is missing shots from 40m out straight in front.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Anyone remember last time we played the Stormers? Foley was 10 that day, and completely nullified by their defensive pressure - due in part to our forwards not sacking up and giving him space.

We won that game at home in the last minute if I'm not mistaken, and its going to be no easier this week, no matter how many injuries the home team have.

Foley is certainly going to need to vary his options on what is looking to be a dry track.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah won it due to no other than Mr Folau. It was Berrick who actually sparked the attack in the 2nd half.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I have a gut feeling the Stormers will get up. Don't know why but they are a step up when at home.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Glen Jackson with the whistle should worry both sides. A licence for mayhem and a dockyard brawl at the breakdown. The only thing one can say is at least he's neutral.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I haven't watched to many tah's game's but they seem to have alot of energy but is it they might be hitting stuff too fast and not making the Technic right.. might overwhelm most teams but I think if they slowed a second got the play right they would win most games in a canter..

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Great re-gather from Hooper from the kick off after the Stormers took a 3-0 lead. The territorial advantage looked to have come to nought when Robinson dropped it cold. From the ensuing scrum won by the Stormers the ball spat out the back & Phipps was johnny on the spot to open the Tahs' scoring: 7-3.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Are they just Playing to fast it's like rock and roll rugby, Tah's need to control the ball a little and not just go all out every play..

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Why do the Stormers persist with Grant? When he's not kicking well, he's a liability at flyhalf. Catrakillis has an accurate, if not more accurate kicking boot, and can actually tackle and run with the ball. And not play 10m behind the advantage line.

Status
Not open for further replies.