• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers vs Waratahs Round 10 @ Newlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
You'd think if TPN was fit, he'd be a starter, given the opposition. And that given Roach's performance in TPN's absence he will get to warm the pine until TPN comes off.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Only change for the Waratahs is Dean Mumm starting at 6 and Sam Lousi onto the bench. Dempsey is out with a shoulder injury.

Roach retains the starting hooker spot.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Waratahs: 15 Andrew Kellaway, 14 Reece Robinson, 13 Israel Folau, 12 Kurtley Beale, 11 Rob Horne, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Nick Phipps, 8 Jed Holloway, 7 Michael Hooper (c), 6 Dean Mumm, 5 Will Skelton, 4 David Dennis, 3 Tom Robertson, 2 Hugh Roach, 1 Paddy Ryan. Replacements: 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Jeremy Tilse, 18 Angus Ta’avao, 19 Sam Lousi, 20 Wycliff Palu, 21 Matt Lucas, 22 David Horwitz, 23 Matt Carraro

G

galumay

I think this will be the end of our season, i really cant see the Tah's managing to contain the Stormers, at home. If they do, look out, they have the byes out of the way, they have a short injury list and seemed to have found a little form. Lets face it they could only get better after the start to the season!

My heart says Tahs by 20, my head says Stormers by 9

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DHL Stormers: 15 Cheslin Kolbe, 14 Kobus van Wyk, 13 Juan de Jongh (co-captain), 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9 Nic Groom, 8 Schalk Burger, 7 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 6 Nizaam Carr, 5 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4 Rynhardt Elstadt, 3 Frans Malherbe (co-captain), 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 JC Janse van Rensburg.
Replacements: 16 Scarra Ntubeni, 17 Oli Kebble, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 JD Schickerling, 20 Siya Kolisi, 21 Louis Schreuder, 22 Brandon Thomson, 23 Huw Jones.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
One thing is for sure, if either one of the forward packs is misfiring, bothe the backlines have the cattle to make it look ugly on the scoreboard.

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)
Saffa video guy somehow doesn't replay Skelton getting slapped in the face. Actually showed before then cut to immediately after

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)
Wow that's a super unlucky red, definitely accidental contact, he was going for the ball but slipped. I was thinking about this last week when that bloke landed on his neck though- if someone gets paralysed I guess intentions don't matter

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Wow that's a super unlucky red, definitely accidental contact, he was going for the ball but slipped. I was thinking about this last week when that bloke landed on his neck- if the guy gets paralysed intentions don't matter

true, but red cards won't prevent players from slipping in the future, either. Wasn't even reckless, just unlucky

Reactions: mst

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jeremy Tilse with the scrummaging performance of his career!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
true, but red cards won't prevent players from slipping in the future, either. Wasn't even reckless, just unlucky
I think yellow was enough for that. He arrived late to the challenge and put Foley in a dangerous position. Red was harsh given he slipped.

The laws don't forgive slipping though. Still the defender's responsibility.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I think yellow was enough for that. He arrived late to the challenge and put Foley in a dangerous position. Red was harsh given he slipped.

The laws don't forgive slipping though. Still the defender's responsibility.

Do you think if they keep ruling it like this it may diminish the contest? Isn't slipping an element of the offence?

I totally agree that player safety is paramount but, to coin a phrase, shit happens, its a contact sport and people will get hurt unintentionally even if players take full care and responsibility. Its the nature of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.