• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2016: New Zealand Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ CONF TEAM OF THE WEEK - ROUND 2:

1. Moody 2. Taylor 3. Franks 4. Thomson 5. Whitelock 6. Dixon 7. Gibson 8. Read 9. Smith 10. Mo'unga 11. Lowe 12. Ngatai 13. Fekitoa 14. Nadolo 15. McKenzie

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That's great WOB, us older ones from the mighty Nua remember the Winiatas, Sciascias, Sissons ,, De Castros and Hapetas , along with the likes of ken Swain etc will always ne names that spring to mind when discussing families or people that had a great bearing on rugby in the Nua. And most of these men spent many many hours running the game, and there was certainly no money for to compensate for their time. Ahh the days of amateur rugby eh, when we ALL played and ran the game for the love of the game and no other reason!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ CONF TEAM OF THE WEEK - ROUND 3

1. Edmonds 2. Ricitelli 3. Toomaga-Allen 4. Ainley 5. Abbott 6. Dixon 7. Savea 8. Vito 9. Perenara 10. Sopoaga 11. Li 12. Ngatai 13. Fekitoa 14. Faddes 15. McKenzie

Special mention for Whitelock who put in a massive shift in not one but two unfamiliar positions.

NZ CONF STANDINGS:

1. Chiefs 10
2. Highlanders 9
3. Crusaders 5 (PD +9)
----------------------------
4. Blues 5 (-17)
5. Hurricanes 5 (-37)

Starting to get some action v Strayan & Sethficken (incl Argie) opposition so no reason we can't see four NZ teams in the Eight some time soon...................

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep WOB, not sure I put Perenara in ahead of Smith or Weber, but can't really argue. By gee Ardie stamped his mark for the Canes!!

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Yep WOB, not sure I put Perenara in ahead of Smith or Weber, but can't really argue. By gee Ardie stamped his mark for the Canes!!

Yep, I think there will be a Savea in the All Blacks this year. Just not on the wing.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

That was the toughest call this week, all three were really good in their own way but I thought TJP was slightly more influential in terms of the outcome for his team.

Yep, I think there will be a Savea in the All Blacks this year. Just not on the wing.

Early days, mate, think back a year & he was in similar shape (like the t-shirt says, round is a shape :)) Plus Ardie will be prepping for Rio in June & hopefully taking a break & admiring his new bling while 4N is happening............. might have to wait for EOYT or even the Lions tour to see him in 7 Black.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
That was the toughest call this week, all three were really good in their own way but I thought TJP was slightly more influential in terms of the outcome for his team.

Early days, mate, think back a year & he was in similar shape (like the t-shirt says, round is a shape :)) Plus Ardie will be prepping for Rio in June & hopefully taking a break & admiring his new bling while 4N is happening..... might have to wait for EOYT or even the Lions tour to see him in 7 Black.

Yeah I know. I have been impressed with Ardie's game play so far. Big Julian is not as impressive as he used to be.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kaino out for up to four weeks:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...rome-kaino-out-for-month-with-shoulder-injury

NZ TEAM OF THE WEEK - ROUND 4

1. Eves 2. Coles 3. Franks 4. Thompson 5. Whitelock 6. Dixon 7. Savea 8. Squire 9. Smith 10. Sopoaga 11. Lowe 12. Ngatai 13. Fekitoa 14. McNichol (Chiefs) 15. Smith

NZ CONF STANDINGS:

1. Chiefs 14 - 3rd overall
2. Highlanders 13 - 5th
3. Crusaders 10 (PD +40) - 8th
------------------------------
4. Hurricanes 10 (PD -4) - 9th
5. Blues 7 - 10th

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs' tight-five woes continue, Pauliasi Manu the latest casualty:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-super-season-after-rupturing-achilles-tendon

I'd suggest there's an issue with their S&C program but as it's mostly tight forwards going down maybe it's just bad luck....... OTOH it's been going on for some time so maybe their S&C guy(s) just don't "get" tight forwards.

Not exactly NZ CONF news but one-Test AB & former Clan & Tribe prop "Whoppa" Mackintosh is on the move again, from France to the new USA pro league:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-for-new-professional-league-in-united-states

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clean sweep for the kiwi sides after a near-miss last week. Four teams in the Top Eight. Not bad for a conference some expected to struggle due to the post-RWC exodus...............

Status
Not open for further replies.