• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2016: New Zealand Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
the New Zealand teams will always be excellent, exodus or no exodus, great players, great coaches, great support from the public (DP aside !). the rest of the world just wait for those once in a generation alignments when NZ are a little off and everyone else is a little better.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
great support from the public (DP aside !)
wtf_zpscbdlxcmf.gif

wtf_zpscbdlxcmf.gif

wtf_zpscbdlxcmf.gif

wtf_zpscbdlxcmf.gif

wtf_zpscbdlxcmf.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ CONFERENCE AFTER ROUND FIVE

1. Chiefs 19 - 1st
2. Highlanders 18 - 5th (2nd on overall points)
3. Hurricanes 15 - 6th
4. Crusaders 14 - 7th
-----------------------------------------------
5. Blues 7 - 13th

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ha, not sure I'm even at denial yet. Ways to go before that. Maybe still at "disquiet" after the Reds fiasco. Next it's dissatisfaction. Then displeasure. Then dismay. Then discombobulation. Then disenfranchisement. Then disaster. Maybe then denial? Did I mention dysentary?
If you're referring to @Dismal's prediction of an AB loss to les Frogs in the RWC QF, I'm of the view that he bravely took a bullet for us, he being right up there in the Kiss of Death department.......
ha oh yeah surely i was not the only NZer who thought the Frogs might tip NZ over in the quarters. i was just one of the only ones brave and stupid and courageous enough to say it out loud. The frog pricks had history! How was I to know NZ were treating pool games like training recovery runs. (*note to future - do NOT bother shelling out ANY $$ ever to watch NZ play a RWC pool game. theyre just fuckin around in the long grass) A quarter final exit was a grim reality I confronted with unbridled pessimism; just like I do everything else in my life!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Now that I've finally caught up on all four NZ matches (we won them all BTW & just sayin' ':)), herewith & belatedly here's my

NZ TEAM OF THE WEEK - ROUND FIVE

1. Moody 2. Taylor 3. Franks 4. Whitelock 5. Wheeler 6. Taufua 7. Cane 8. Leitch 9. Smith 10. Barrett 11. Lowe 12. Ngatai 13. Fekitoa 14. McNicholl (Crusaders) 15. McKenzie

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Haven't seen the Saders game WOB, but by geez Taufua must of been bloody good to shove Cane to 8, I thought he played a blinder, as did Letich at 8 for Chiefs. Mind you though Ardie wasn't bad for Canes either. Maybe a thought that Cruden would slip in at 10 too, but wouldn't get into too many arguments over it though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ Crusaders really should've destroyed Sharks who produced little in the way of actual rugby. Mvovo's tries were from an intercept & a dropped ball, otherwise they had nothing in attack but were awesome in D. Mo'unga missed some fairly straight-forward kicks & the midfield was again poor (tho I see the Hurld had 13. Fonotia (!) (& 15. Haviili (!!!)) in their TOTW).

Our forwards were huge, hence the all-Crusaders front row & yes, Taufua was everywhere. Cane still (just) got my 7. & how could you not give 8. to Leitch? Coupla unlucky 'canes but, hey, they only flogged the worst team in Super Rugby history & didn't look like doing so until very late in the piece...............

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Whoops WOB, just read your team properly and saw you did have Cane at 7 and Letich at 8, don't know what I was reading!!! Ok We in pretyy full agreement except perhaps for 10, I actually quite concerned that Barrett not really controlling games at this stage of season, especially as he is supposed to want AB 10 spot. Personally even as a Canes man I would have him at 3 in the pecking order behind Cruden and Sopoaga at this stage.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I actually thought Beaugan had his best game of the year & was the spark for most of the good stuff from the 'canes. Seems to have AB 23 locked down so for 10 it's Cruden v Sopoaga & I'd be happy with either. AC probably deserves first crack but I'd like to see both get a Wales Test & whomever has the better game get the 3rd Test & 4N gig.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Another 4/4 weekend for the kiwi sides so it's now 7/8 v "African" , 6/8 plus a draw v Australian opposition & 13/16 plus a draw overall.

Conference standings:

1. Chiefs 24 pts & will finish the week top of the Table
2. Highlanders 22, 2nd on overall points but will be relegated to 4th
3. Crusaders 18
4. Hurricanes 16
5. Blues 11

Hurricanes will probably & Crusaders could possibly drop out of the Top 8 depending on the Rebs v 'tahs result & margin.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
& 13/16 plus a draw overall.
this is goddamn insane. someone's dragging the chain and I think i I know who.....

Auckland Blues file to join Australian Super Rugby Conference.

--NZ Herald--

The Auckland Blues have shocked the NZRFU by filing a motion to "immediately" join the Australian Super Rugby Conference.

"Auckland is a big-sized city, more in keeping with an Australian-sized city" said an anonymous Blues board member. "Plus, the other NZ teams are clearly playing at a different level to us and therefore we feel this move to the Australian conference should level the playing field, um cobber. I for one greatly look forward to scheduling a rematch of the Cripple Fight at Suncorp. Peace out!"

auckbluesboard1_zps2lqi1kfh.jpg

"Unanimous!"

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ you're being a bit harsh there, Bloos are 1/2 with a draw so strictly speaking 75% which isn't that far short of the average.........

But if they MUST be relocated then I'm guessing it's Woolloongong, Pitcairn Stadium not being up to TV standard on account of it being a cow paddock 98% of the time?

Israel Dagg & Ged Robinson are off to Perth as cover for Haviili (hip) & Funnell (hammy). Expect to see Dagg on the bench Friday night, hoping Funnell recovers.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
^^^^^^^^ you're being a bit harsh there, Bloos are 1/2 with a draw so strictly speaking 75% which isn't that far short of the average...

But if they MUST be relocated then I'm guessing it's Woolloongong, Pitcairn Stadium not being up to TV standard on account of it being a cow paddock 98% of the time?

Israel Dagg & Ged Robinson are off to Perth as cover for Haviili (hip) & Funnell (hammy). Expect to see Dagg on the bench Friday night, hoping Funnell recovers.
Unfortunately there has been some unexpected damage to the Tarmac at Perth Airport. Due to their shithouse performance in NZ, the Force were forced to fly cattle class home as punishment. There was a minor miscalculation and the props were sat in the back row which caused their Airbus to tail drag as it landed.

The Force management have advised the plane with the Crusaders on board to just pass over and keep on all the way home. We'll generously share the points with you and call it a draw.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Updated Conference standings:

1. Chiefs 24, officially 1st
2. Highlanders 22, 5th
3. Crusaders 18, 6th
-------------------------
4. Hurricanes 15, 9th behind Lions (14)
5. Blues 11, 12

HorrorCanes have very reason to be somewhat annoyed at being relegated from the Top 8 but them's the rules...............

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
this is goddamn insane. someone's dragging the chain and I think i I know who...

Auckland Blues file to join Australian Super Rugby Conference.

--NZ Herald--

The Auckland Blues have shocked the NZRFU by filing a motion to "immediately" join the Australian Super Rugby Conference.

"Auckland is a big-sized city, more in keeping with an Australian-sized city" said an anonymous Blues board member. "Plus, the other NZ teams are clearly playing at a different level to us and therefore we feel this move to the Australian conference should level the playing field, um cobber. I for one greatly look forward to scheduling a rematch of the Cripple Fight at Suncorp. Peace out!"

auckbluesboard1_zps2lqi1kfh.jpg

"Unanimous!"

we would still be last

Status
Not open for further replies.