• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2016: New Zealand Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jordan Taufua has re-signed with the CruSadists for two years:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/crusaders-keep-hold-of-taufua/

Assuming Kaino's at least temporarily out of the AB frame I reckon it's between JT & Elliott Dixon for the 6 jersey, Dixon having the edge by virtue of being taller & heavier enough to cover lock. IMO both should make EOYT.

I don't think Kaino is out given he was named in the leadership group this past week.

I reckon if Kaino doesn't start they will look at Luatua. I personally wouldn't like Dixon covering lock and he need not given we have quality there to back up our two world class starters - Tuipoluto, Romano, Barrett.

JT has been superb for the Saders this season. Really stepped up and played consistently well. Probably had his poorest game last weekend and struggled with the conditions I thought, but he's been robust and physical. But in saying all that I don't know if he is an AB flanker.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kaino's shoulder is clearly a problem, even the Herald of Doom is taking the view that he'll likely miss at least the first Test & have run a coupla pieces on the merits of Dixon v Taufua with no mention of Luatua. We'll find out on Sunday.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I will be very surprised if Luatua isn't there or thereabouts for ABs, he another who can cover lock if needed, so would imagine him making squad at least

Status
Not open for further replies.