• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Au Round 7 - Reds v Rebels @ Suncorp Stadium, 7:15pm Sat 15 Aug

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Great defence by Reds.

But seriously horrible by Rebels, have all the play and show a lack of patience and know how. Naisarani butchered three tries by himself.

Then Reds get up their once, with a man down and carve up Rebels defence.

Back to 4th on ladder, may not even make finals when 3 of 5 teams make it.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
That is what you’d describe as a brain dead display from the rebels. No patience, declined at least 3 easy kicks at goal, declined to go to the corner for the maul numerous times.

Reds were very brave, clearly shows there is a lot of character at the club

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
There's nothing wrong with someone who gets the audience excited with their running game. I've only caught the 2nd half but his one drop was pretty tough to take. It's his first season of Super Rugby. He still has a lot of growth and development to go. I've said previously that his scrummaging needs work. It's pretty tough to judge him on being belted by TT who is probably the most explosive prop in the world. At a minimum one of them. He's had a good first season and has a lot to build from.
He was pretty poor in the first half. Dropped a couple, got owned in the scrum that led to the Reds first try and got rag dolled by Tupou over the sideline. That was a good run but has been pretty poor otherwise. Unanimous point decision to Thor

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Goddamn. Huge defensive work by the reds there.

Hopefully JOC (James O'Connor) didn't break his collarbone at the end there. Didn't look good at all.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
All the Reds were excellent, especially Tate, TT & JOC (James O'Connor).

Rebels were pretty decent (weirdly) with Philip BOG for them closely followed by To'omua.

What the fuck does Wessels do now? He's got his team camped on the opposition line, he's coached them to make the line breaks, to do the tactical kicking how do you coach them not to be complete numpties?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jeez that was some solid defensive effort from the Reds.. unbelievable effort

204 tackles vs 66 for the whole game

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Goddamn. Huge defensive work by the reds there.

Hopefully JOC (James O'Connor) didn't break his collarbone at the end there. Didn't look good at all.
Didn’t look to be in too much pain. I did my AC and was on morpheine. Reckon he’ll be ok