• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Team of the Week

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
1. Robertson (WAR)
2. Horton (WAR)
3. Tupou (RED)
4. Blyth (RED)
5. Hosea (REB)
6. Wright (RED)
7. McReight (RED)
8. Dempsey (WAR)
9. McDermott (RED)
10. Harrison (WAR)
11. Daugunu (RED)
12. Hunt (WAR)
13. Godwin (FOR)
14. Ramm (WAR)
15. Maddocks (WAR)

16. Kaitu'u (FOR)
17. Orr (REB)
18. Faumasili (REB)
19. Phillip (REB)
20. Hooper (WAR)
21. Gordon (WAR)
22. O'Connor (RED)
23. Petaia (RED)

Kaitu'u not eligible?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
1. Robertson
2. Uelese
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Wright
7. McReight
8. Dempsey
9. McDermott
10. JO'C
11. Daugunu
12. To'omua
13. Godwin
14. Ramm
15. Maddocks

16. Horton
17. Orr
18. Fa'aumasili
19. Blyth
20. Naisarani
21. Harrison
22. Gordon
23. Hodge

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Round 7 GAGR Team of The Week:

1. T. Robertson (WAR)
2. T. Horton (WAR)
3. T. Tupou (RED)
4. A. Blyth (RED)
5. L. Solokai-Loto (RED)
6. L. Wright (RED)
7. F. McReight (RED)
8. J. Dempsey (WAR)
9. T. McDermott (RED)
10. W. Harrison (WAR)
11. F. Daugunu (RED)
12. K. Hunt (WAR)
13. K. Godwin (FOR)
14. J. Ramm (WAR)
15. J. Maddocks (WAR)

16. F. Kaitu'u (FOR)
17. C. Orr (REB)
18. P. Fa'amausili (REB)
19. M. Philip (REB)
20. M. Hooper (WAR)
21. J. Gordon (WAR)
22. J. O’Connor (RED)
23. J. Petaia (RED)

Player of the round - Tupou

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Annotation 2020-08-19 194124.png
Annotation 2020-08-19 194042.png

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Here is the current cumulative team, adjusted for number of votes so that each week is worth the same. Probably expectr a few Brumbies to start creeping into the side over the next few weeks.

1. C. Orr (REB)
2. T. Horton (WAR)
3. T. Tupou (RED)
4. M. Philip (REB)
5. L. Solokai-Loto (RED)
6. J. Dempsey (WAR)
7. L. Wright (RED)
8. I. Naisarani (REB)
9. T. McDermott (RED)
10. J. O’Connor (RED)
11. J. Ramm (WAR)
12. M. To'omua (REB)
13. C. Magnay (REB)
14. J. Petaia (RED)
15. J. Maddocks (WAR)

16. J. Uelese (REB)
17. T. Robertson (WAR)
18. H. Johnson-Holmes (WAR)
19. A. Blyth (RED)
20. M. Hooper (WAR)
21. J. Gordon (WAR)
22. I. Simone (BRU)
23. M. Koroibete (REB)

Out of interest I ran the unadjusted version as well and the only change was Harrison at 22 instead of Simone.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Here is the current cumulative team, adjusted for number of votes so that each week is worth the same. Probably expectr a few Brumbies to start creeping into the side over the next few weeks.

1. C. Orr (REB)
2. T. Horton (WAR)
3. T. Tupou (RED)
4. M. Philip (REB)
5. L. Solokai-Loto (RED)
6. J. Dempsey (WAR)
7. L. Wright (RED)
8. I. Naisarani (REB)
9. T. McDermott (RED)
10. J. O’Connor (RED)
11. J. Ramm (WAR)
12. M. To'omua (REB)
13. C. Magnay (REB)
14. J. Petaia (RED)
15. J. Maddocks (WAR)

16. J. Uelese (REB)
17. T. Robertson (WAR)
18. H. Johnson-Holmes (WAR)
19. A. Blyth (RED)
20. M. Hooper (WAR)
21. J. Gordon (WAR)
22. I. Simone (BRU)
23. M. Koroibete (REB)

Out of interest I ran the unadjusted version as well and the only change was Harrison at 22 instead of Simone.

Loving your work here mate.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’ve seen enough
1. Staker
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Salakaia-Loto
5, Blyth
6. Wright
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Daugunu
12. JOC (James O'Connor) (did so well, deserves two nominated)
13. Petaia
14. Hardy
15. Campbell

:)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Robertson
2. McInerney
3. Tupou
4. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5. Neville
6. Wright
7. Hooper
8. Samu
9. McDermott
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Daugunu
12. Simone
13. Petaia
14. Wright
15. Banks

16. BPA
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Blyth
20. McReight
21. Prior
22. Kuenzle
23. Muirhead

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Out of curiosity........ since this started after a few rounds are you taking into account the front page G&GR teams of the week from the front page over that period?

Otherwise we won't see a representative team from the entire season.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Out of curiosity.... since this started after a few rounds are you taking into account the front page G&GR teams of the week from the front page over that period?

Otherwise we won't see a representative team from the entire season.
No what we decided to do was just do it for the last five rounds. The team at present includes the votes from round 5 but they will drop out at the last round. The ‘team’ for the last two weeks will be the most interesting as they will be the ones where all teams have played the same amount of games.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Blyth
5. Neville
6. L Wright
7 . McReight
8. Samu
9. White
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Daugunu
12. Simone
13. Petaia
14. T Wright
15. Banks

16. McInerney
17. Sio
18. Ala'alatoa
19. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
20. Wilson
21. McDermott
22. Keunzle
23. Maddocks

Most contentious selection, I believe, was between White and McDermott. Tate was exceptional against the Force but White gave a master class of No 9 play against a much tougher opposition. Hence, my choice of Nic in the starting 15. Not a good weekend for No 13s. While Jordan Petaia played mostly on the wing, his play earnt him a spot but behind both Daugunu and Wright on the wings.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
1. Slipper

Most contentious selection, I believe, was between White and McDermott. Tate was exceptional against the Force but White gave a master class of No 9 play against a much tougher opposition. Hence, my choice of Nic in the starting 15. Not a good weekend for No 13s. While Jordan Petaia played mostly on the wing, his play earnt him a spot but behind both Daugunu and Wright on the wings.

Agree on the issues at 9 and 13. 10 becomes interesting if you put JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 where he played once Stewart was off.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Most contentious selection, I believe, was between White and McDermott. Tate was exceptional against the Force but White gave a master class of No 9 play against a much tougher opposition. Hence, my choice of Nic in the starting 15.

Haha, imagine scoring two tries (one which is a contender TOTY), playing the full 80, making 3(!) clean breaks, beat 6 defenders and finish on a run metres total a fullback would be proud of all to lose your spot to a player who dropped it twice out of his 17 passes in his 30 minute cameo. White beat 1 defender, made 0 clean breaks and 0 run metres. Take the glasses off mate.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Haha, imagine scoring two tries (one which is a contender TOTY), playing the full 80, making 3(!) clean breaks, beat 6 defenders and finish on a run metres total a fullback would be proud of all to lose your spot to a player who dropped it twice out of his 17 passes in his 30 minute cameo. White beat 1 defender, made 0 clean breaks and 0 run metres. Take the glasses off mate.

Not to mention his D.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Blyth
5. Neville
6. L Wright
7 . McReight
8. Samu
9. White
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Daugunu
12. Simone
13. Petaia
14. T Wright
15. Banks

16. McInerney
17. Sio
18. Ala'alatoa
19. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
20. Wilson
21. McDermott
22. Keunzle
23. Maddocks

that is some of the most fancy clutching at straws I have ever seen on this web site. If you put this call up against the TMO's call of the Longergan try last night, more people would be content to say the TMO made the more justifiable call.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Most contentious selection, I believe, was between White and McDermott. Tate was exceptional against the Force but White gave a master class of No 9 play against a much tougher opposition. Hence, my choice of Nic in the starting 15.

White came on with the Tahs already beaten. He was always going to look fresher against a tired team and most importantly, he was only on for 20 minutes.

These types of calls are very Cheikesque, where his favourite's could do no wrong BR.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Tupou
4. Blyth
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. L Wright
7 . McReight
8. Samu
9. McDermott