• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Membership Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Form last year would certainly be the big contributor in the drop. I thought that it may have been offset more by the hype around the new signings but either way, as you say it's early days.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Reds 21,983

2014: 26,747
2013: 26,500
2012: 26,000
2011: 15,626

(Figures are approximately the same dates i.e. +/- a week leading into the super rugby season)
What are the numbers for the actual date (first week of Feb?) Be interesting to see what impact the early start is having

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Just bought 10 memberships for the Tahs this morning, after emerging from my cricket-dominated hibernation (though I reserve the right to briefly re-hibernate depending on how the black caps do). Get excited - rugby is back.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Just bought 10 memberships for the Tahs this morning, after emerging from my cricket-dominated hibernation (though I reserve the right to briefly re-hibernate depending on how the black caps do). Get excited - rugby is back.
This deserves more than a like. Well bloody done!

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
But begs the question. Why??

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
According to the weekly Waratahs email I received this morning, the Waratahs have reached 20,000 members which is a record.

Fantastic. It's also worth noting that there'd be a fair few SCG/SFS members who would be Waratah members except they already get free entry (paid for by the SCG/SFS fees).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Fantastic. It's also worth noting that there'd be a fair few SCG/SFS members who would be Waratah members except they already get free entry (paid for by the SCG/SFS fees).

how many are there? I'd suggest they'd already be included in that number....if other states are any indication.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
how many are there? I'd suggest they'd already be included in that number..if other states are any indication.

Well the members section at the SFS is normally quite full for Waratah matches, but only SFS members are admitted. Waratahs members have allocated seats/areas in the public areas.

Not sure about other states, but in Sydney there is no reciprocal arrangement between SFS members and Waratahs members and SFS members are not included in the memberships figures for the Waratahs. At a conservative estimate I'd reckon 5,000 would be the number (but probably higher).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
not talking reciprocal rights. Just the number of SFS members are probably already counted.

Despite not being Tah members

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
not talking reciprocal rights. Just the number of SFS members are probably already counted.

I doubt they are.

In most years, the number of SFS and Stadium Australia members would probably exceed the Waratahs membership numbers.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Reds claiming more than 39,000 on their website at the moment, which is an increase of nearly 50% in March alone (27,000 end of Feb).

Hmmmmm.......

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

They're counted in the crowd, but not as Waratahs members. Two completely different lists of members, no relationship at all. I get my information about games from the SCG Trust not the Waratahs because I'm not a Waratahs member, they don't know I exist.;)

EDIT: There are about 7,000 SCG/SFS Gold members, most of whom have a guest card and 2 club cards. This admits 4 people to Waratahs home matches. Obviously not everyone is a rugby fan, the 7,000 people includes league supporters and soccer supporters and those who go to multiple sports. Conceivably this would make 28,000 people who wouldn't bother buying a Waratah membership, when they already have free admission to matches. Of course it would be nowhere near that figure, but as a guestimate I'd say somewhere between 5-10,000 people are SCG/SFS Gold members who would otherwise buy or consider buying a Waratah membership, but don't.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Reds claiming more than 39,000 on their website at the moment, which is an increase of nearly 50% in March alone (27,000 end of Feb).

Hmmmmm...

But doesn't every junior player in Queensland automatically become a Reds member on registration? (Part of their QRU levy)

Status
Not open for further replies.