• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 10: Reds v Brumbies 5 Sept

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
PLUS500 BRUMBIES ROUND TEN TEAM

1. Scott Sio
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Darcy Swain
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Rob Valetini
7. Will Miller
8. Pete Samu
9. Nic White
10. Bayley Kuenzle
11. Tom Wright
12. Irae Simone
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Andy Muirhead
15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS
16. Connal McInerney
17. James Slipper
18. Tom Ross
19. Nick Frost
20. Lachlan McCaffrey
21. Ryan Lonergan
22. Len Ikitau
23. Solomone Kata

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1. Brumbies
2. Brumbies
3. Reds
4. Reds
5. Reds
6. Reds
7. Reds
8. Reds
9. Brumbies
10. Reds
11. Reds
12. Brumbies
13. Reds
14. Brumbies
15.Brumbies

Brumbies
Brumbies
Reds
Brumbies
Reds
Reds
Reds
Reds

9/15 of the starting players I believe the Reds are better. McKellar is a hell of a coach.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To be fair, the Brumbies success is driven off Lord Laurie's mauling ability. They're literally a 1-trick pony :D

I'm hoping they save all their mauling for the final.............

I want nothing but rolling mauls, driving mauls, mauls from kick returns, the backline joining in the maul, maybe even a good ol' truck and trailer..........

I don't want to see the ball go past the flyhalf, soley for the purpose of getting up field to set up another maul.

Reactions: mst

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Have the Brumbies had 3 different starting halfbacks in 3 weeks now? Poor Kuenzle probably just wants a bit of consistency in his halves partner.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
CFS, Stewart and Paisami all back and available for selection. Ruan Smith with the squad as injury cover, should offer some depth in the front row. Backline i'd like to see

9. McDermott
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Daugunu
12. Stewart
13. Petaia
14. CFS
15. Campbell

20. Maloula
21. Hegarty
22. Paisami
When did the Rebels release Smith ?

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
To be fair, the Brumbies success is driven off Lord Laurie's mauling ability. They're literally a 1-trick pony :D

I think this widespread limited understanding of their capabilities as a team has served the Brumbies very well over the past few years. Focus too hard on the maul defence and they'll tear you to shreds with a huge range of lineout variations and enterprising set piece back line play. Get complacent and two or three times a season they can slip back to just mauling a team into the dust.