• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Swine Flu

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Now, i'm not saying the Cantab's Cloaked Mason Cartel reacted to the Auckland Blues sudden resurgence in Super Rugby by pulling some strings to arrange for a deadly global pathogen to be unleashed just to get this years Super Rugby season cancelled. That would be ludicrous.

But it's not an option I'm ruling out either.

Reactions: Tex

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is it wrong that I'm entertained by all this. My work is gearing up to go remote from home, events are dropping like flies. I guess it won't be entertaining when I lose my job.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Introverts are the disaster preppers for a viral apocalypse. All the social butterflies are going to be in struggle street after their fourth day of isolation

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
What is in your Coronavirus Survival Kit?

Here's mine:

1. Grado Super Rugby-80 headphones.
grado-sr80-500x500.jpg
Drown out the death rattle coughs of the whinging sook dickheads that share your hospicey house with THESE, the Grado Super Rugby-80. These things go so fucking loud the Concorde could die in the next room and you'd never fucken know.

2. Pioneer twin tape deck T-9090WR

pioneer_t-9090r.preview_zpsdqtf1fam.jpg

Watch the little wheels go round and round as the life itself spools from your lungs. You deserve it!

Denon DL-110 cartridge.

Denon_DL_110_DL_110_High_Output_Phono_431455.jpg

The 800 kg ballerina. The 1.25 gm gorilla. Think of it as the IV drip sustaining your life as the pathetic Denon DL-110-less lives of those around you fail, predictably, into a sea of wheezing morass.

Pioneer PL-50

pl-50l.JPG

The aircraft carrier borne on the wings of death itself. Iron Horse, Iron Will.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Jesus Dismal, you must have liquidated your toilet paper reserves in Zurich and shorted on China Southern, Air China, China Eastern, Alitalia, Air Koryo, Vueling and Ryanair to afford that rig. Or sold your preamp and amp.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jesus Dismal, you must have liquidated your toilet paper reserves in Zurich and shorted on China Southern, Air China, China Eastern, Alitalia, Air Koryo, Vueling and Ryanair to afford that rig. Or sold your preamp and amp.
ha, not what you'd think. If there's one saving grace for this stoopid rock cut adrift out off the Cape of Good Cock its that its a wasteland paradise for old high-end audio gear

the headphones: $100
the tape deck: $60 punt
the cartridge: $200 splurge, every 3 or so years
the turntable: $40 score in a second-hand record store

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
¥4000? Sheeet. But that's the benefit of living somewhere with a population greater than 6. I once tried to find an original Steinberger guitar. The folly of youth.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
my post-Rogan doctor dude clip takeaways:
  • hand washing and masks are largely cosmetic and really only serve to assauge our panic
  • the fucken thing is in the fucken air
  • it's not an oldies thing.
  • it's goign to carve up merkas fatty bastard population like Rieko Ioane carving up the Lions backline
  • once China releases their poor lockdown pricks theyre all gonna get sick anyway.
  • jury's out on closing schools
  • 6 months+ from now its gonna taper off when everyone who was gonna get sick has gotten sick, to whatever degree, and MAY have developed some immunity so they dont get it again (cant recall this exact part)
  • exercise is a great thing. might have to bring my skateboard for pfitzy's drained pool

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
The masks are almost completely cosmetic, particularly given that most people are wearing the wrong mask, or wearing their N-95 masks incorrectly, or have a great, big, bushy beard.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The masks are almost completely cosmetic, particularly given that most people are wearing the wrong mask, or wearing their N-95 masks incorrectly, or have a great, big, bushy beard.

They probably won't stop you getting it, they might reduce the chance of a carrier transmitting it by reducing droplets. Proper hand washing can help. Distancing is key.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Come down on it hard. Reduce infection rates drastically ahead of time - the maths are pretty fucking simple.

Yes there are people out there whose threat level is high, and I've got concerns for the wider health system if a bunch of selfish dickbags don't pull finger (and wash it).

But if we all get this right, and try to knock it off in 6 weeks, we can at least be rewarded with some of the rugby season I've worked my arse off to organise, and I can get my trip to NZ in June.

Watching Ardern's countdown clock on end of March update like

giphy.gif

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Should also be mentioned: the utter fucking failure of Cock Moronson to deal with this like a fucking leader. Not that you could expect much from a guy who believes Jesus makes money and speaking in voices cures herpes. Or whatever.

On the TV today, biggest press conference going, he's pointing at charts that have been circulating FOR WEEKS about infection rates, and then mouthing some slogan about Beating The Meat To Heat The Sheet before saying "If Australians are Australian enough, we'll get through this"

What a complete fucking moron. If Herr OberKipfler is infected, and infected everyone in cabinet, to the point where they all had to stay the fuck away, would we even notice?