• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's really just an issue for the particular side he is playing for.
Would they prefer to play with their mates who got them to where they are, or do they prefer to play with a "drop in" and increase their winning chances.But I think the playing group should have a say in the matter.
He is certainly entitled to join them "mid season", and they are certainly entitled to let him play for them.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
The Hangaana situation is driven by the desire to win by professional career coaches and selectors.

Maybe some one from the Uni Board should remind these guys that this is club footy and they are messing around with amateur teenagers.
HOORAY for these comments - you guys get it
It was hardly mid season either, it has just happened over the last few weeks.
I also pity the poor kid that is now replaced by the professional NRL player.

Gents- i was raising the issue re Haangana as i think the syd comp managers have a duty of care in regards to 3rds colts. For those of you who have done limited searching. Adrian played 3 years with souths toyota cup, he played in 2 charity shield games and this year even still only 20 souths pushed him to Norths to get some tough footy before 1st grade next year. My question is (Syd rugby have been made aware of him and his selection) how does uni see putting him in 3rds for the last 3 games to qualify, be fair on the players and opp. (note last week he played 4th grade) and this week he is in 3rd colts!! come on gents. Well done Uni! I ask you to go to the game on saturday and watch him and report back!!!- Adrian was on contract at roosters while at joeys hence he didnt make aust schools.
If he wants a game- send him to wentworthville or st marys with the rest of the mungoes!!!:D

Also has anyone noticed souths 2nd colts remarkable roll into the semis!!- interesting team list changes once the round split and 1st colts were getting smashed. another reason why the comp structure needs to change.
:D

K

Keithy

Adrian only became available because he played 4th grade last week. If Colts 3 had the same structure as Colts 1 and 2 he wouldn't have played enough games before the finals.
Interesting he approached his junior club West Harbour 1st and could have played grade rugby but chose Colts 3 at Uni. Wonder what the incentive was? Wonder if Adrian will rejoin the NRL next year or stay with rugby?
Interesting to see Ethan Thomas in Colts 3. Played 1st 5 matches in Colts 3 and last 7 matches in Colts 2 with 3 byes and a forfeit making up 16 rounds. Doesn't qualify under 4 of the last 7 or under 60% of his matches. Who checks this stuff?

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)
Rumour has it Syd Uni 1st grade colts are way over the points limit and are being investigated by SRU. Can anyone shed light on this??

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
More seedy plot lines, rumor and innuendo than an episode of Days of our Lives.

Colts 3. The family farm is at stake. Not.

M

Mr Magoo

Rumour has it Syd Uni 1st grade colts are way over the points limit and are being investigated by SRU. Can anyone shed light on this??
No but who assigns the points per player? Looking at the Goodman brothers Stuart is on one and Scott is on zero. Doesn't make sense given their playing history.

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)
and Rhys Brodie comes over from Easts, has represented Aussie Schools and is worth 1 point. It doesn't end there with their lineup. Give me a break.

K

Keithy

and Rhys Brodie comes over from Easts, has represented Aussie Schools and is worth 1 point. It doesn't end there with their lineup. Give me a break.

Rhys points are calculated as follows
Played 9 of 20 matches for Easts so doesn't meet the 50% rule = 6 points
Oz Schools 2010 are 4 points
less 3 years at Uni, '08,'09,10 = 1 point
The question is if you are registered for the club but didn't play a match are you entiled to a discount?
Do you still receive a discount after leaving the club?

K

Keithy

No but who assigns the points per player? Looking at the Goodman brothers Stuart is on one and Scott is on zero. Doesn't make sense given their playing history.

Stuart played Colts 2 in 2010 so is a 2 point player less 1 point for a year of service. Scott gets a 5 point for being a brother of a current player.
The club assign the points.

T

Tahboy

Randwick beat Manly 39 to 20 in 1st colts in a very good and high quality game.score was a lot closer at 24 to 20 with 15 to go. Randwick scrum was causing Manly problems and Mark Baldwin and Tom Connor were causing havoc at the break down but Manly were very good at the counter ruck and very aggressive at the breakdown
The Manly backs were dangerous but over all Randwick were just a bit better all round. Randwick will have to play at least the same level to have a chance against Uni
Rob Bartlett the Randwick very good 8 battled back from a very badly broken leg last year broke his leg today which was very upsetting as he worked so hard to get back and is a major player in the Randwick side so will be a big loss. I thought the ref had a great game and allowed the game to flow and played good advantage. Also well done to southern districts on running a good day

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)
looks like the format for 2012 hasn't suited manly or norths. being a strong club overall and getting in the top half has only been to their detriment. wests and randwick on the other hand have had nothing short of a training run over the last 8 weeks leading into the semis. oh well good luck to both of those teams. BASH UNI!!

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
If anyone wants any info on NSW v Qld U19 go to the Qld U19 forum. Game is apparently at Ballymore on Oct 6. They even know some of the players trialling. Here in nSW there is nothing

A squad of 40 plus players from colts will be picked on wednesday. plus players from ACT.. no aus schools that are touring will be selected. clubs were given the chance to nominate players.. the qld side has been picked straight up.

this squad will train post colt finals for 4 weeks before final team is selected.

Did anyone head out to the colts games this weekend? notice that randwick are still alive. Manly would been shooting themselves in the foot.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
A squad of 40 plus players from colts will be picked on wednesday. plus players from ACT.. no aus schools that are touring will be selected. clubs were given the chance to nominate players.. the qld side has been picked straight up.

this squad will train post colt finals for 4 weeks before final team is selected.

Did anyone head out to the colts games this weekend? notice that randwick are still alive. Manly would been shooting themselves in the foot.
Manly were good and after the first 20 minutes, looked like they had Randwick's measure. Randwick clawed back & settled down and scored an intercept try against the run of play to take the lead. Randwick had the momentum for the next 40 minutes and ran up a handy lead. Manly then put together some great back line plays to peg pack Randwicks lead. The Wicks then played it hard through their tight 5 and scored 2 late tries to put manly away. Manly kept at it all day and often looked like they get up however Randwick controlled the forward exchanges well and got away with it. Randwick bombed a few tries so despite Manly's gutsy & persistent efforts, were worthy winners.

sooty

Stan Wickham (3)
Colts results 26 Aug

3rds Eastwood -15 Norths 10
2nds Manly 24( on the bell) Norths 23
1sts Norths 34( Jack Cameron 4 tries) Eastwood 10

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Randwick beat Manly 39 to 20 in 1st colts in a very good and high quality game.score was a lot closer at 24 to 20 with 15 to go. Randwick scrum was causing Manly problems and Mark Baldwin and Tom Connor were causing havoc at the break down but Manly were very good at the counter ruck and very aggressive at the breakdown
The Manly backs were dangerous but over all Randwick were just a bit better all round. Randwick will have to play at least the same level to have a chance against Uni
Rob Bartlett the Randwick very good 8 battled back from a very badly broken leg last year broke his leg today which was very upsetting as he worked so hard to get back and is a major player in the Randwick side so will be a big loss. I thought the ref had a great game and allowed the game to flow and played good advantage. Also well done to southern districts on running a good day

From what I saw yesterday Baldwin and Dombkins were having a whale of a battle at the breakdown. As for Connor he was injured early and left the field either late in the half or didn't return after half time. i did not think he had a great impact in the game due to his injury. Many's forward pack, as a unit, were totally outplayed for the second week in a row. There were some good individual performances (Porecki, Thompson and Dombkins) but they did not play as a unit. All in all, Randwick deserved the win in a very good top class game

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
It will be interesting to see who trots out for uni 1st Colts this week.

There are 5 U20 players who played in the senior 2nds last weekend. With the win and the week off are they allowed to drop down to Colts this weekend? One would hope not.

Then there is Roods and Hangaana.

Status
Not open for further replies.