• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Tips:
gordon v wests - wests comfortably
Norths v penrith - norths by lots
warringah v eastwood - woodies by heaps
manly v randwick - wicks comfortably
uni v souths - uni in a thriller
easts v parra - parra in a tight one.

Schoolofhardknocks

Frank Nicholson (4)
Packing my bag and jumping on the plane off to Sydney to watch the game of the year I believe Sydney 1st colts Sydney University vs Southern Districts should be a corker and a good battle in the forwards and backs Southern Districts to win. Go the Rebels

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tomorrows colts games between penrith vs Norths at Bon Andrews Oval has been moved to Wakehurst Rugby Club, Corner of Forest Way Road & Waldon Road, Belrose due to the weather conditions the past 48 hours.

All other details remain the same.

Kick off Times:

1.35pm – 2nd Colts
3:00pm – 1st Colts

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Souths got out to 31 - 7 but Uni coming back! Now 31-21 Souths!

Colts 2nd's Uni 45 def. Southern Districts 12
Colts 3rd's Uni 45 def. Southern Districts 12

Cheers, Wreckless :)

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Was tackling optional at St Pauls Oval?

#1 vs #2 and there is over 100 points scored in 80 minutes.

Uni 1st's have leaked a lot of points this season - they just seem to back themselves to score more points than the opposition can put on them! I don't know if it's a policy or tactic, but it backfired against Norths and if it is, it's a dangerous and risky one! :)

Schoolofhardknocks

Frank Nicholson (4)
My points for the day at the uni vs souths goes to the uni doctor every time south got a roll on the instructions come over his mic to get out there and slow the game down that's not rugby

On another not i believe that was all uni had today and i believe souths still have a lot to grow towards the end of the round and with more injured players due back i think they the black sheep

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
My points for the day at the uni vs souths goes to the uni doctor every time south got a roll on the instructions come over his mic to get out there and slow the game down that's not rugby

On another not i believe that was all uni had today and i believe souths still have a lot to grow towards the end of the round and with more injured players due back i think they the black sheep

Souths need to get fitter! You shouldn't lose a game when you're 31 - 7 up! Can't comment on the doctor - I wasn't wired up with him - did he make any try saving tackles or score a few points? ;)

You may be right if that's the apogee for Uni - but they are fit! I just worry about this "tactic" of backing yourself to outscore anyone! The competition can only improve as you say!

BTW SOHK - you picked a cracker to fly for! Better than a point a minute - can't complain about that! :)

Cheers, Wreckless

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 11 Results Summary

First Grade - W. McMahon Memorial Shield
Gordon 17 West Harbour 22
Northern Suburbs 62 Penrith 7
Warringah 14 Eastwood 33
Manly 15 Randwick 39 (Played Wednesday night)
Sydney University 59 Southern Districts 50
Eastern Suburbs 26 Parramatta 43

Second Grade - Shell Trophy
Gordon 22 West Harbour 19
Northern Suburbs 35 Penrith 12
Warringah 10 Eastwood 31
Manly 55 Randwick 14
Sydney University 45 Southern Districts 12
Eastern Suburbs 14 Parramatta 22

Third Grade - Bill Simpson Shield
West Harbour v The Bye
Northern Suburbs v The Bye
Warringah 12 Eastwood 43
Manly 73 Randwick 10
Sydney University 45 Southern Districts 12
Eastern Suburbs 19 Parramatta 36

Next Week (Round 12)
West Harbour v Eastern Suburbs
Parramatta v Sydney University
Southern Districts v Manly
Randwick v Warringah
Eastwood v Northern Suburbs
Penrith v Gordon

Edit: Gordon v West Harbour scores added.
Edit: Easts v Parramatta detail added. Manly v Wicks Grade 1 Score added.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I usually ignore absurd criticism but you have made a very grubby claim as a statement of fact. Back it up by producing your evidence or withdraw it.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
I usually ignore absurd criticism but you have made a very grubby claim as a statement of fact. Back it up by producing your evidence or withdraw it.

Bruce - let's hope he's a better doctor than a "slower downerer" - 110 points in the game makes him an abject failure!!! o_O

PS - good result for Vikings over the 'Rocks last week!!! :D

Cheers, Wreckless

Schoolofhardknocks

Frank Nicholson (4)
We heard it loud and clear from the 2 way radio clip on to a uni official i am hoping on a plane and back to the far north coast happy days

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If you are over the Dutch, then your game is over, but we have a game on now. You kiwis may not want to know about it. :)

Redmond

Stan Wickham (3)
I hope it was only a coincidence at 31-7 the penalties started flowing Unis way.
7 straight in the second half that led to 2 Uni tries the only thing he didn't do was convert the tries.
You don't mind seeing penalties but very inconsistent today.

Status
Not open for further replies.