• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rays .. NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Clash jerseys only really work perfectly in bball where the home team wears 'Light' Jerseys (usually interpreted as white + trimmings of the team's colours) and the away team whereas their usual 'Dark' Jersey.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Something could be developed along these lines. I though the Rays and Rams jumpers were a bit too similar to differentiate at a glance, at least the shorts were a contrast with the Rays in white and the Rams in blue. But both had white socks, that's when they're pulled up.

In junior Aussie rules many years ago players had two sets of shorts, black and white: one for home and the other for away, can't remember which. The light/dark theme from basketball could be taken further.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I think the Rams were hoping history would repeat and the rays would score another own try.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Great to see the boys had a fairly convincing win. Hope we can hold this form and threaten for the title.

The score is actually a little deceptive. For much of the game the Rams controlled the play and if not for the likes of Will Miller manageing to pilfer at just the right time on several occasions it could have easily been a Rams win. Not that the Rays didn't perform well. They did. Look very slick with ball in hand and I would imagine will be even better for the hit out. But, they need to work on their defence of the rumble. Every time the Rams got that rolling they made strong metres and again if not for Miller pinching at least half a dozen pilfers himself often just metres from his on try line the scoreline would have at the very least looked a lot closer.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The score is actually a little deceptive. For much of the game the Rams controlled the play and if not for the likes of Will Miller manageing to pilfer at just the right time on several occasions it could have easily been a Rams win. Not that the Rays didn't perform well. They did. Look very slick with ball in hand and I would imagine will be even better for the hit out. But, they need to work on their defence of the rumble. Every time the Rams got that rolling they made strong metres and again if not for Miller pinching at least half a dozen pilfers himself often just metres from his on try line the scoreline would have at the very least looked a lot closer.

Perhaps it was deceptive, but in seasons past we were on the losing side of similar deceptive scorelines. I'm happy to take the win and on the scoreline it's a reasonably strong one.

We've had a couple of tough years at the Rays and hopefully we're now through the teething process and ready to be contenders.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Perhaps it was deceptive, but in seasons past we were on the losing side of similar deceptive scorelines. I'm happy to take the win and on the scoreline it's a reasonably strong one.

We've had a couple of tough years at the Rays and hopefully we're now through the teething process and ready to be contenders.

They deserved their win. Were more clinical in their scoring opportunities. They play an attractive style very similar to that of Norths in the SS. I personally think once they build a bit of cohesion among the team and those who were not part of the Norths program this year become comfortable they will be a very competitive outfit. Certainly could push for finals footy.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
IMO their scrum will need to improve to make the finals. It has been their Achilles heel for 2 seasons and will get tested again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.