• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rays .. NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
When there is 3rd Tier Rugby in Australia why is it we have 3rd Tier NZ Rugby on Australian TV.

That is dumb ass, how is it suppose to get support and interest?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Also, NPC will be costing the best part of fuck all, all it'll cost is the relative pittance for the broadcast rights themselves.

NRC will cost quite a bit of money to cover. Streaming will require fewer cameramen, fewer broadcast team members, cheaper commentary members, fewer infographics/replays, no obligation for HD coverage.

Regardless, next step I reckon is getting as many games broadcast as possible. My reckoning for a full round would be a festival of Rugby.

On the Friday night or the Sunday afternoon, you have the Queensland Derby.

And on the Saturday, you go big.

Rams v Spirit, Rays v Rising, Eagles v Vikings, all at the same ground.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Also, NPC will be costing the best part of fuck all, all it'll cost is the relative pittance for the broadcast rights themselves.

NRC will cost quite a bit of money to cover. Streaming will require fewer cameramen, fewer broadcast team members, cheaper commentary members, fewer infographics/replays, no obligation for HD coverage.

Regardless, next step I reckon is getting as many games broadcast as possible. My reckoning for a full round would be a festival of Rugby.

On the Friday night or the Sunday afternoon, you have the Queensland Derby.

And on the Saturday, you go big.

Rams v Spirit, Rays v Rising, Eagles v Vikings, all at the same ground.

I thought all of the Mitre 10 but wanted to check first.

If the NRC is getting very small marketing, isnt Fox how is it going to get more interest so it doesn't die in the arse.

I dont know how the Cash Flow works:
  • I thinks the clubs had to kick the can to get it off the ground?
  • Did the ARU receive money from Fox for broadcast rights?
  • Does the Fox need to pay NZ to play their rugby?
  • Or is it NZRU paying Fox to advertise their rugby?

Just find it interesting.

21mmstuds

Stan Wickham (3)
First two rounds, 11 tries to 5, 78 for, 38 against, says it all!
lets hope the Eagles can win or stay in touch with the Vikings, so no Viking bonus point and then the Rays will top the table.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought all of the Mitre 10 but wanted to check first.

If the NRC is getting very small marketing, isnt Fox how is it going to get more interest so it doesn't die in the arse.

I dont know how the Cash Flow works:
  • I thinks the clubs had to kick the can to get it off the ground?
  • Did the ARU receive money from Fox for broadcast rights?
  • Does the Fox need to pay NZ to play their rugby?
  • Or is it NZRU paying Fox to advertise their rugby?
Just find it interesting.

The broadcaster pays for the right to carry content...........

Under the current SANZAAR broadcast deal FOXTEL have paid for the rights to broadcast the NRC, Mitre 10 Cup and Currie Cup (and obviously all test matches, Super Rugby etc)............

There are less costs in broadcasting the NZ and SA competitions, and because those competitions have much greater demand in their relative domestic markets there are more games available to air..........

Don't forget the NRC started off with only one game a week being broadcast, and now we have two with the others being streamed online.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
When there is 3rd Tier Rugby in Australia why is it we have 3rd Tier NZ Rugby on Australian TV.

That is dumb ass, how is it suppose to get support and interest?

You would have to ask Fox Sports. My guess is that the New Zealand product rates. It is worth watching, I have to admit. Fantastic skills and very competitive. We watched Southland and Auckland a couple of nights ago, there were no handling errors for about the first 20 minutes.

No fancy stuff, but no errors either. The get the basics right.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
You would have to ask Fox Sports. My guess is that the New Zealand product rates. It is worth watching, I have to admit. Fantastic skills and very competitive. We watched Southland and Auckland a couple of nights ago, there were no handling errors for about the first 20 minutes.

It's cheap. They have to pay for the broadcast of the NRC. They are provided the feed at minimal cost out of NZ.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

So basics.
Do basics well and repeat.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
If he is will he shout the bar if he scores a try even though the game is only a web broadcast.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Fardy will be on the sheet for the Rays today.

Scott Fardy was terrible and looked completely disinterested. He spent most of the game on the wing and is either carrying an injury or a grudge. That said I'm a big fan and hope he gets back into the Wallaby squad.

Whilst I'm on my soap box, who is charged with marketing this game? To my knowledge no local junior or senior clubs where emailed trying to encourage attendance. The crowd was about 350/400 could have been 4 times that if anyone knew it was on.

That said it was a solid game with big hits, nice skills and the players deserved to have more people there.

Status
Not open for further replies.