• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rays .. NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
GORDON: Tom Matthews 12, Nick Fraser 1, Matt McDougall 13, Jack Dempsey 6, Lucas Simkin.

WARRINGAH: Wayne Borsack 3, Luke Holmes 2, Sam Ward 8, Boyd Killingworth 7, Josh Holmes 9, Hamish Angus 10, Tui Tuisavali 12, Michael Adams 13, Sireli Tagicakibau 14, Harry Jones 14/15, David Feltscheer 15.

NORTHERN SUBURBS: Kevin McNamara 1, James Cunningham 6, Michael Wells 8, Jac Cameron 13?.

MANLY: Mitch Lewis 1, Rory O’Connor 1, Dave Porecki 2, Tim Fairbrother 3, Greg Peterson 4, Ed Gower 5, Matt Phillips, Harry Bergelin 6, Kotani Ale 7, Brian Sefania 12/13, Maille Hingano 13, Dane Chisholm 14, Scott Daruda 10/12
Matt Lucas 9, Mark Swanepoel 9, Cam Crawford 15, Scott Fardy 6?

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Fardy will be in the Wallabies definately but he'll most likely be aligned with the Rays rather than Canberra. Also heard Swanepoel was gonna be playing at the Rams?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
I'm sure they still have an open mind.
When he scores another 4 next week,they can hardly pick 3 Rats wingers ahead of him.

roosters2014

Bob McCowan (2)
MANLY: Mitch Lewis 1, Rory O’Connor 1, Dave Porecki 2, Tim Fairbrother 3, Greg Peterson 4, Ed Gower 5, Matt Phillips, Harry Bergelin 6, Kotani Ale 7, Brian Sefania 12/13, Maille Hingano 13, Dane Chisholm 14, Scott Daruda 10/12
Matt Lucas 9, Mark Swanepoel 9, Cam Crawford 15, Scott Fardy 6?[/quote]

Why do you have crawford under manly? is he moving clubs?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Matt Lucas 9, Mark Swanepoel 9, Cam Crawford 15, Scott Fardy 6?

Why do you have crawford under manly? is he moving clubs?[/quote]

Having a guess - someone wanted numbers and positions, and some one was good enough to do it. He may have cut and pasted like i did - I didn't have all names with specific clubs as i was cutting and pasting.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Crawford & Fardy were tack ons as they are professionally contracted players who will be part of the squad. Only "amateur" players were named last week.

Also, with Northam... Don't discount players coming in from outside that squad. The coaching staff have said they will be keeping their eye on everybody. Kind of don't blame Swanepoel for taking off to the Rams as it's very hard to have 3 top quality halfbacks in 1 squad with Lucas & Holmes already there

T

Train Without a Station

They won't be part of the Vikings and Rising 16 players?

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Crawford has already said he'll be playing at the Rays unless he changes his mind like quite a few have...
Swanepoel to Rams
Matwijow to Country

Also hearing a few Norths boys have baulked because Scott Fava isn't involved anymore. Is he a bit of a messiah up there? A Wayne Bennett-Darius Boyd type bond?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Crawford has already said he'll be playing at the Rays unless he changes his mind like quite a few have.
Swanepoel to Rams
Matwijow to Country

Also hearing a few Norths boys have baulked because Scott Fava isn't involved anymore. Is he a bit of a messiah up there? A Wayne Bennett-Darius Boyd type bond?

Not sure - there are a number of Shute Shield clubs that have got right behind the NRC concept which is great to see. I'm sure Crawford is with the Rays but lets be careful about suggesting players change their minds.

I'm disappointed he's not with the Rays - yeah, I think it should be Lucas & Swanepeol but thought a bit more about it.
  • Lucas, Swany, Holmes all quality halves.
  • Id be happy with Lucas or Swany starting, and Holmes on the Bench.
  • Lets say Lucas starts because hes contracted, then Swany & Holmes share the bench.
  • Is it fare they share, Holmes does so much for the Rats, Manly have such a large number of players so as a JV that has been good to date they chat about it, what's best for players and work it out.
  • I'm pretty sure nobody including the player wanted to leave, just my thoughts though - i dont think there is a messiah lurking
It maybe similar for Matwijow but I haven't watched him play, and we dont know what Super players are coming back.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
With matwijow he is eligible for the two franchises being a country junior. I guess they looked at what the rays had available and decided that him going to Country would not weaken the rays and would strengthen Country

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
In regards to the halfbacks one of them had to go obviously somewhere else to give themselves all a chance of shining. Sharing a bench spot when they are top quality halfbacks (the 3 of them) isn't going to do anyone justice

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
So Fardy, Pek Cowan, Cliff Palu & Micheal Hooper have been assigned to the Rays for what it's worth. On rugby news page

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Scott Fava isn't involved anymore.
What's the story behind Fava's departure, guys?

I can see from earlier on this thread that the Rays' coaches are "Head Coach Geoff Townsend along with assistant coaches Haig Sare, Damien Cummins and Michael Lipman". Fava wasn't next in line after Blake leaving, or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.