• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rays .. NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Little harsh there Brumby Runner... Haven't watched any other games of theirs this year? The derby was the game of the season

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Little harsh there Brumby Runner. Haven't watched any other games of theirs this year? The derby was the game of the season

Yeah, actually did watch the derby as well. Didn't alter my opinion of Josh's half back play at all. Best I've seen him play was at 12 a couple of years ago. So, can say I'm not a Johnny-come-lately as far as he is concerned.

Unbelievable play by Luke in the length of the field try against Manly.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Good they have a website, but a few areas need improving. The images of the players don't load (quite a few image son the site actually) and perhaps they should review the sponsor section.

Rays sponsors.JPG

http://www.raysrugby.com.au/sponsors/

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Think I saw Matt Philip named in the Sydney Stars Team.

Sydney Stars announcement of extended squad for Buildcorp NRC
<snip>
The Sydney Stars extended squad for 2014:
Forwards
<snip>
Philip, Matthew
<snip>

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
He is playing for Narbonne now
I know but that was announced some time ago and he kept being named in the squad - yeah?
He's had a huge year, his first full year for some time - will be a loss as he's only 22/23. Would have liked to keep Matt Philip on deck along side Gower.

Bay35Pablo

Frank Row (1)
Guys and Gals, if anyone is interested in covering these games for Green and Gold Rugby (match reviews and/or photos) please let us know. We obviously want to cover the comp pretty extensively but will need more hands on deck. We can provide a template for match reviews if needed. If you are interested leave a comment here or send a personal message. Cheers
May get to a few games. If so will try. Drop me the template. gagger has my email. or tweet me.

Harry Borbag

Frank Row (1)
What. the. fuck.
Just read in today's Manly Daily (with pic - new jersey is a huge improvement over the old one btw) that the NRC will have a different points structure. 2 points for a penalty and DG, 3 for a conversion.
Immediate reaction is that this is stupid, since it will only encourage killing of the ball for attacking teams about to score tries, especially if you are ahead. This will have to result in more liberal use of yellow cards, which may be a good thing (?)

Harry Borbag

Frank Row (1)
Ok, so had a quick Google to see if I could buy a Rays jersey somewhere, anywhere, what do you think the answer is? Here I am, a customer wanting to give you money no-one is there to take it. Are ARU genuinely interested in making this thing work?

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
What. the. fuck.
Just read in today's Manly Daily (with pic - new jersey is a huge improvement over the old one btw) that the NRC will have a different points structure. 2 points for a penalty and DG, 3 for a conversion.
Immediate reaction is that this is stupid, since it will only encourage killing of the ball for attacking teams about to score tries, especially if you are ahead. This will have to result in more liberal use of yellow cards, which may be a good thing (?)

I would imagine that there will need to be more yellow cards awarded for it to work. Interestingly, a couple of years ago Craig Joubert did a Q and A when he was in Newcastle for the Aus v Scotland test match and he said how he hated the ELV's for this reason - with the short arms there was not enough of a reason for players to not commit illegalities unless you started carding blokes.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well from another perspective you have a player on the other team playing against someone of international quality.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
The team looks good. Glad to see Nick Fraser @ Tight head

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Rays (somewhat) named:

MACQUARIE UNI
NORTH HARBOUR RAYS

15. David FELTSCHEER
14. Cam CRAWFORD
13. Brian SEFANAIA
12. Tom MATTHEWS
11. Sireli TAGICAKIBAU
10. Hamish ANGUS
9. Matt LUCAS
8. Sam WARD
7. Harry BERGELIN
6. Michael WELLS
5. Greg PETERSON ©
4. Ed GOWER
3. Nick FRASER
2. Luke HOLMES (vc)
1. Mitch LEWIS

RESERVES:
16. Dave PORECKI
17. Kevin McNAMARA
18. (tba)
19. Ryan MELROSE
20. Kotoni ALE
21. Josh HOLMES
22. Sam VAEVAE
23. Michael ADAMS

Hi guys - gee that first game in the wet was open rugby. Hoping someone can assist with some player intel after watching that game.
  • Why do we have the Shute Shield # 6 in the team of the year playing 7 - they are completely different roles and it appears even more so after watching last night. After watching last night I'd want a 7 playing 7.
  • Plus number 12 i haven't seen Tom play, I know the Rats backline carved up allot of teams this year - can one of the Gordon readers share info as my only info is the shute shield ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.