• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Can guarantee that epping is not paying anyone. Don't know where the rumour came from, but if parra boys are coming down, it will be off their own back, and not by influence of the club's committee.

Plus the club is way too small to be able to afford to pay anyone. We have just lost a big sponsor and are going to struggle to replace them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Pierra Hola has already signed for $350 a game to another subbies club.

Keep your source but without naming the Subbies Club involved one can only call BS on this statement. Not only should this be backed up but the Integrity Officer should be informed and evidence provided.

Otherwise what's the point of raising this here? "Look at me, I have inside info....."

I love gossip as much as the next GAGR Nut you've made a very definitive statement. If it's only rumour, say as much and admit your desire for mischief. That way everyone can shake their heads, have a laugh and move on.

If the Principle of Amateurism is to work effectively then every breach needs to be called out in full force or it's a waste of time. Shame the Clubs that are doing the wrong thing or leave them be and don't complain.

Just don't make accusations that can't be backed up or accepted as good humoured banter.

Sorry Heavyd, this is not a slight on your character as I love your insights. But Subbies have moved the goal posts now so the status quo can't continue. Cheats have to be named.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
For the bush lawyers out there. With this supposed Hola deal, if a Club makes a contract that contradicts it's conditions with the governing body, is the contract valid?

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
And enter loophole A.

A club member sets up a shell company and employs said player to "work" for them and pays them accordingly.

This is not a player payment is no different to the old "we are finding them work, but aren't paying them" card!

Welcome to the world of the stupidest rule in rugby!

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
And enter loophole A.

A club member sets up a shell company and employs said player to "work" for them and pays them accordingly.

This is not a player payment is no different to the old "we are finding them work, but aren't paying them" card!

Welcome to the world of the stupidest rule in rugby!

Not sure I agree Hans. "No Rucking" has surely got to be the stupidest rule in Rugby:D

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Hans, that is not permitted under the new laws but I am not sure how they would stop them.

I have heard Hola linked with a Subbies Club but its only 3rd hand so I am keen to hear what HeavyD says to see if it stacks up.

However lets be clear - if the Integrity Commission do not come up with anything from the player drain from Brothers to Forrest then the system is a joke.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Ironically the Brothers exodus may be more legitimate than many othe things going on in Clubland. For all their "talent" Brothers were never a Div 1 club. They had no depth and to stay competitive up there you have to train. Why not just cross the Roseville bridge for a team that has a fair chance (especially now) of winning.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Hans, that is not permitted under the new laws but I am not sure how they would stop them.

Unfortunately @SackRobbie, there i no way for a part time person employed by the ARU to trace any of the above. If they are being paid as salaried employees of a company, but don't in any way have a contract to play, how are they in breach. Whilst the intention might be completely against the principles of the game and the rules imposed, it is going to be borderline impossible to ever prove, and all it takes is a bit of shifty book keeping.

Its going to be a long season, and i fear likely the beginning of the end for Subbies rugby in Sydney.

XVProps

Herbert Moran (7)
Wollondilly came into 5th Division a few years back and were forfeiting 2nd Grade by mid-season regularly. Did the trip out to Wilton once in 2009 - beat them 31-zip in 2nds and 34-14 in firsts.

Hope they give 6th Div a decent shake. They might have picked up the odd Harlequin who didn't want to travel to Illawarra.

Nope, in fact the Quins picked up a few White Waratahs who didn't want to go to the city. I hope they do well though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ironically the Brothers exodus may be more legitimate than many othe things going on in Clubland. For all their "talent" Brothers were never a Div 1 club. They had no depth and to stay competitive up there you have to train. Why not just cross the Roseville bridge for a team that has a fair chance (especially now) of winning.

It isnt more legitimate than it appears.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Where is Hola playing for $350 a week HeavyD.

You have an alias so you have nothing to lose by naming where he is going.

I'll go first. I hadnt heard anything about the $ amount but I have heard that Hola was playing at Hunters Hill but that was 3rd hand information. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.