• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyril Towers (30)
Noddy said:
topo said:
Palmer has been playing JWs and demolished Shepherdson last week so has some match fitness. If he gets on it will be at THP against Henderson and Palmer will have no problem with him. The Force scrum is only holding together because of Fairbrother and Fatcat will look after him. Whatever happens Waratah scrum will dominate.

the same way the Reds scrum demolished the Force one?

Hey Noddy, aren't you the guy who said sarcasm didn't come across so well in print?
But, fair enough, I may have exaggerated a bit as Fairbrother did pretty well against Daley who still has a long way to go at scrum time. However, on the other side I was absolutely gobsmacked at what Henderson was getting away with. He was continually rolling in the outside shoulder and frequently ended parallel to the try line but wasn't pinged. If the ref forced him to stay straight ( as he should do), he would have been in serious trouble. It's a shame Baxter is out as he would have hammered him. Kepu is not that good at THP, but I am confident that Palmer will crunch him if he gets on.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nevertheless, he smashed Weeks silly, and he wasn't that crooked on a couple of scrums.

Palmer will still be better than Kepu at THP.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Agreed Kepu is a good LHP who can cover for THP from the bench. We have two genuine THP's, Baxter and Palmer. Baxter's injured and Palmer's going. But if we are serious about winning the last S14, we will have to play Palmer in the run-on team if Baxter is injured. Forget how much humble pie has to be eaten, from next week on the comp generally starts to get hard and we have a really hard draw from the Crusaders game through to the end. Blues scrum was pretty poor tonight, we can probably get away with Kepu at THP one more week. But after that, if Baxter is injured it has to be Palmer.

THP is just about the most important position on the park, you cannot carry people there. I want to win the S14 more than I want to cover up for Hickey's embarrassment.

Don't think Woodcock will be allowed in an All Black scrum any time soon. Time to head north, World Cup or no World Cup.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Is Woodcock carrying an injury or something? I mean I always knew he was not nearly as good as the Kiwis think (or thought), but he's really shit this year.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
NTA said:
Is Woodcock carrying an injury or something? I mean I always knew he was not nearly as good as the Kiwis think (or thought), but he's really shit this year.
Shit, yes, but not John Smit Shit

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Smit shit?

Yeah he is really shit ain't he?

World Cup Captain. Lions win, converted into a test prop.

Dealt with more politics than all of us combined on this board can imagine and kept a team focussed.

Really really shit that John Smit.

Oh, we're talking about scrumming. Yeah. Kinda shit. ;)

However. Beast injured at last minute and he played LH against the highlanders and actually does bloody well. That's kind of amazing.

PS. On the topic of Woodcock. Smit handed him his arse in Dunedin last year which is kind of confusing.

PPS. Oh, this is the Waratahs Force thread, Dear oh dear.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
NTA said:
Great captain, great hooker. Shit tighthead. Back in your box Dutchman :)

Conceded

Some trivia.

The word "box" in Afrikaans is "doos", which also means c*nt.

Interesting isn't it?

So if you tell a Dutchman to get back in his c*nt / box he may reply by saying one of three things:

a) OK
b) No
c) What happens in my bedroom is none of your business.
That is all. Go Force. Roll these boxes.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Seems the Force have a new mascot, Westy the Swan

http://www.gothetahs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53300

attachment.php

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tabs looking in a bit of trouble. Force are fired up and playing well. Tahs have looked like they thought they just had to turn up to win.

Mitchell has some good form though.

Kicking for goal? Is that what they are doing?

Sykes screwed.

S

Spook

Tahs are very lucky Pocock and Brown aren't out there. Breakdown is dire. Barnes has been shite again. Great turn over from Waugh just then.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs really lucky there. Especially as they have once again gotten the better of the ref decisions. That penalty right near the death where he called Sharpe for holding on was just dire.

Both teams were pretty poor and completely unimaginative.

Hodgson was huge and best player on the park.

Best for the Tahs I thought were Mitchell, TPN and Hangers.

Did Sharpey just say fucking to Kafer on TV?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Blue said:
The word "box" in Afrikaans is "doos", which also means c*nt.

Same here, if you've been paying attention. As in: A good mechanic should always keep his tool well oiled and in a strong box.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ok I will get this started. Was last week just a flash in the pan for the Tahs? Or this week a speed bump?

Even Marto in the commentary box is bagging Anesi now...

Have the Force turned a corner or did they just fire up after a pasting vs the Reds for a team they don't like? I have serious doubts about the Force's ability to score tries.

D

David

One of the worst games of rugby I have seen in a long time, also Barnes just reinforced my long held belief that he is one of the most overrated players in the Super 14. Hogson was a stand out performer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.