• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Test ticket prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Well the pre-sale just came out for the Wallabies test matches against England, maybe its been a while since I've been to a Wallaby test match, but some of these seem excessive, these prices are for the 'cheapest' seats in the stadium:

Prices: Adult/Junior/Family(2a&2j)
Brisbane: $80/$39/$200
Sydney: $90/$45/$227
Melbourne: $100/$49/$251

Melbourne an 'emerging market' has the most expensive seats, the cheapest seats at AAMI Park are actually Silver with no Bronze seating options offered.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I can see both sides of this. It's going to be a fucking incredible series, and if the ARU can sell it all out at those prices then good luck to them.

They are a bit inflated, especially if those are for the cheapest seats. I'd say $70 for those seems about right in a general sense. But they are smaller stadiums (except in Bris) and so a bit more attractive.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the ticket prices are realistic when judged against other sports and events such as concerts and theatre etc.

Highest category ticket prices are less than they are to go to State of Origin rugby league.

T

TOCC

I think the ticket prices are realistic when judged against other sports and events such as concerts and theatre etc.

Highest category ticket prices are less than they are to go to State of Origin rugby league.

I'm more concerned about the general admission tickets then I am about platinum or diamond seating sections.

You can get tickets to both Sydney Origin Games for less then the cost of one Wallabies ticket. They are selling 2 match passes for $85 to the state of origin. Sure they are shit seats.

I'm happy to pay a premium for a British and Irish Lions test or a Bledisloe, but I think these ticket prices are excessive for a June Test series.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I just booked my tickets for the Sydney test v England, sitting in the gold brigade area. $90 each, 6 rows back from the fence, behind the goal posts. I'm good with that.......especially if we win.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Wallabies v England at AAMI Park will be incredible. I thought the pricing was a bit steep but after the French debacle at Etihad last year I'm more than happy to shell out for this.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Q - Do they release more tickets at various points in the pre-sale and then when sale is open to the public?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Q - Do they release more tickets at various points in the pre-sale and then when sale is open to the public?
Yeah, I think so. Couldn't pick from every bay this morning and no way entire section of Gold Brigade would've sold yet.

I think the shit form of the Reds this year might result in a lower crowd in Brisbane. Or a higher percentage of Englishmen in the crowd. Not much buzz about rugby in Brisbane at the moment.

Reactions: gel

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It's supply and demand. If they sell them out then they are probably priced well from a business sense (or possibly under priced a bit) but in terms of the good of the game it would be good if there were ticket options that didn't price out large portions of the Aus Rugby fan base.

It's all about perspective. 10 years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about shelling out the $150 for a platinum ticket. But now, married with two kids and a mortgage, I simply can't afford to go. Not even close. It's the nature of the beast.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It's supply and demand. If they sell them out then they are probably priced well from a business sense (or possibly under priced a bit) but in terms of the good of the game it would be good if there were ticket options that didn't price out large portions of the Aus Rugby fan base.

It's all about perspective. 10 years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about shelling out the $150 for a platinum ticket. But now, married with two kids and a mortgage, I simply can't afford to go. Not even close. It's the nature of the beast.

I'd say for the 'good of the game' it would be best charging as much as humanly possible and funnelling the cash back into the game itself.

It's tough one though, and I certainly understand your point.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I'd say for the 'good of the game' it would be best charging as much as humanly possible and funnelling the cash back into the game itself.

by that you mean the black hole of Super Rugby and/or the pockets of the persons alleged to have trousered a stack of it in Canberra?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The presale starts on Thursday (10am). Password will be provided in an email on Thursday (morning presumably). You can sign up for the email at www.rugby.com.au or someone may post it here on Thurs.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Must be a different one to the one I'm signed up for. The Rugby Community one on rugby.com.au starts this Thurs (7/4) according to the email I got yesterday.
ae4b56089b640d8b757d1e1ce152f9b9.jpg

There's always a few different presages though.

Status
Not open for further replies.