• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Test ticket prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Members of the various Super Rugby clubs could buy them from yesterday. Brumbies password was BRUMBIESMEMBER. I'm guessing you'd replace Brumbies with whatever club you're aligned with.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Members of the various Super Rugby clubs could buy them from yesterday. Brumbies password was BRUMBIESMEMBER. I'm guessing you'd replace Brumbies with whatever club you're aligned with.
Can you please provide the link that goes to the ticket area, I don't know where to enter that code you provided

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
My understanding that ticket pre-sales for England are done as follows:

Wallaby First Members - this closed on Monday
Super Rugby members - For Waratahs this closes on Wednesday. I assume it's the same for other teams
Rugby Family (clubs, players etc) - from 7-26 April
General Public - from 27 April

Tickets for RC follow the same order of priority with Wallaby First members booking period being 4 May - 11 July

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I'd say for the 'good of the game' it would be best charging as much as humanly possible and funnelling the cash back into the game itself.

It's tough one though, and I certainly understand your point.
I am surprised they dont use an auction website.

This way if there are enough persons willing to pay $1000 a ticket to fill the ground then great news for the income of the ARU.

If people decide the game is worth $10 then that is what they pay.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Thank you gentlemen, tickets purchased, it is going to be an expensive day

papabear

Watty Friend (18)
I'm more concerned about the general admission tickets then I am about platinum or diamond seating sections.

You can get tickets to both Sydney Origin Games for less then the cost of one Wallabies ticket. They are selling 2 match passes for $85 to the state of origin. Sure they are shit seats.

I'm happy to pay a premium for a British and Irish Lions test or a Bledisloe, but I think these ticket prices are excessive for a June Test series.

It isn't a commercially bad idea to put up high prices first see how much you can get from the rusted on fan base. Then bring prices right down closer to the event, to get less rusted on people through the doors.

Problem is, it annoys the base.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm more concerned about the general admission tickets then I am about platinum or diamond seating sections.

You can get tickets to both Sydney Origin Games for less then the cost of one Wallabies ticket. They are selling 2 match passes for $85 to the state of origin. Sure they are shit seats.

I'm happy to pay a premium for a British and Irish Lions test or a Bledisloe, but I think these ticket prices are excessive for a June Test series.

I've had a look at where these really cheap tickets are and they seem to be a very small allocation in the absolute worst seats in the house.

I don't disagree with you that perhaps some of the worst seats should be quite cheap to make it more accessible but that really only works at Suncorp which is a bit bigger. Even then it is both substantially smaller and provides better viewing than ANZ so there are a lot less really poor seats.

Allianz and AAMI Park should both hopefully sell out and they are small enough that there aren't really bad seats.

I guess they look at a June test series against England as being a higher demand event than the average June test series.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
We were able to buy our tickets for Melbourne in October last year (with the membership renewals).

Hate to tell you this but, we paid $169.00 for Platinum seats ** insert feeling smug emoticon ***

Reactions: daz

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Member pre sale finished yesterday I think. Rugby community presale started today. Password for that one is GAMEON from memory. Let me know if it doesn't work but.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
When I first saw this thread I thought "yeah, what ever". And then I had to pony up for a ticket, amything mildly on the sideline is Platinum, and <gulp> that hurts.

Now I have to walk my talk. Bought the ticket. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.