• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Test ticket prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Agree with much of that, except I think price really does matter when an event is not 'the ultimate' in relative terms.

I think that (somewhat sadly) a $203 platinum ticket doesn't represent "the ultimate". There are many entertainment events that cost more.

Rugby isn't positioning itself as the most premium ticket in town here.

I agree with all your suggestions around incentives for families and clubs, particularly for the lower category tickets. This is an area the ARU can do more in and would be a good show of an olive branch and engagement with the clubs and grassroots rugby.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I think that (somewhat sadly) a $203 platinum ticket doesn't represent "the ultimate". There are many entertainment events that cost more.

Rugby isn't positioning itself as the most premium ticket in town here.

I agree with all your suggestions around incentives for families and clubs, particularly for the lower category tickets. This is an area the ARU can do more in and would be a good show of an olive branch and engagement with the clubs and grassroots rugby.

Very much so, and badly needed.

When I went to the (terrific) opening of 2017 season festival at Brothers here in Brisbane (UofS and Norths played their opposites that day), the spontaneous quite bitter antipathy I found re the ARU (and to a smaller degree the QRU) was extraordinary and it was not led on by my comments in any way. This was not the case at all say 5 or so years ago.

My main point on Test ticketing - and I think you agree - is that the ARU should get its marketing group into high gear and should be /must be much more analytical, creative and imaginative re how it prices, distributes and sells Test tickets if it wants to arrest the ongoing decline in its gross income from Wallaby matches.

This decline unless arrested is a serious threat to the ARU's medium-term financial viability.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
If there is one sure way to push up prices it's scarcity of product.

I suggest moving the Sydney Bled to Melbourne every other year :cool:

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My main point on Test ticketing - and I think you agree - is that the ARU should get its marketing group into high gear and should be /must be much more analytical, creative and imaginative re how it prices, distributes and sells Test tickets if it wants to arrest the ongoing decline in its gross income from Wallaby matches.

This would be a monumental challenge though. Neither of the two main ticket providers in the country that are the only ones that can handle major onsale events have the type of options you're talking about.

The group booking options at both Ticketek and Ticketmaster are pretty cumbersome and far from ideal for any event where you want to rush to get tickets.

Besides some of the grassroots engagement options I think anything else would require marketing budgets many multiples higher than what the ARU has to spend.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I went to the Melbourne Bledisloe in 2007 or whenever it was. Would certainly go again.

Was also held in '97 and '98. Both fantastic events.

Sadly, I missed 2007 as I was at a 30th. The best part, the birthday boys was a Kiwi. And did I let him know who was the winner :) He was seen wearing a Wallabies scarf for the entire night...

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
So are the tickets on pre-sale yet?

If so could someone please help me out with the generic links and codes and codes that would be great. Looking at buying a few Melbourne 10 June Fiji tickets.

Just drop me an inbox.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If we don't win in Sydney or Dunners & the cup is safely in NZ hands by the time the Brisbane Test is played, I'm not sure the platinums will sell out even though there's plenty of Kiwis living here.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

What? There is a Brisbane game? Serious?

Awesome promo work aRu.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Can anyone help me out with that ticketek password yet?

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm keen to know. I was almost not able to go as the wife was looking at booking her 40th on the same night. Thank fuck she now changed those plans - could have been real awkward watching the happy birthday, through FaceTime, whilst I was at AAMI park that night.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Haven't seen it yet, but I'm keen to know. I was almost not able to go as the wife was looking at booking her 40th on the same night. Thank fuck she now changed those plans - could have been real awkward watching the happy birthday, through FaceTime, whilst I was at AAMI park that night.
I had to go to rugby.com.au to get this info as the ticketek website acted like they were on sale already:
"2017JUNE TEST SERIES
Tickets for the 2017 Qantas Wallabies June Test Series will go on sale to the public on Tuesday 2 May 2017.
To join the Rugby Community and be part of the presale from Wednesday 26 April,Sign up here now! "

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I had to go to rugby.com.au to get this info as the ticketek website acted like they were on sale already:
"2017JUNE TEST SERIES
Tickets for the 2017 Qantas Wallabies June Test Series will go on sale to the public on Tuesday 2 May 2017.
To join the Rugby Community and be part of the presale from Wednesday 26 April,Sign up here now! "

Have you signed up?

I don't think I have received my email yet.

Normally the main presale involves using your MyRugbyID.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Actually, got an email from Qantas about a June Tests Pre-Sale this morning.

Just whack in their codeword on Ticketek in the next 24 hours.
d28310050dee18b8eaa3db6a27476d9e.jpg

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
I don't think it has been sent yet.

If you have a MyRugbyID, that will probably be the password.

I got an email from rugby.com.fj
i'm going to post it on the front of page then use google translate, see if i can get to the bottom of this!

On a serious note though, I only went on the chase for the password because ticketek said they'd be available assuming for the gerneral public from 10am this morning, and then asked me for a password.

I don't have a myrugbyid (maybe plug yours in and see if it works?). Last year the password for pre-sale was like REBELSMEMBER or FORCEMEMBER or EASTCOASTELITIST or something like that.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
QANTAS WALLABIES ARVO TEST SERIES
EXCLUSIVE PRE-SALE

Exclusive access to the following games has now been brought forward with Rebels members being able to pre-purchase from
11am
Friday 21 April -
5pm
Sunday 30 April

Saturday 17 June 2017 Wallabies v Scotland Allianz Stadium, Sydney
Saturday 24 June 2017 Wallabies v Italy Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
11am Friday 21 April - 5pm Sunday 30 April

Melbourne Rebels members will still be access pre-sale tickets to the
Saturday 10 June
, Wallabies v Fiji at AAMI Park until
5pm
Sunday 30 April

Password: Rebels

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
One of the positives of the Gatland hating Scotland is that their touring team will be much stronger

(Just got two tickets to the SFS game)

ARU Password:
WALLABIES2017

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I just tried the Wobs v Fiji in Melbourne, with the high-security code provided in the E-mail (3 guesses to what it is). Sadly, it doesn't like it anymore :(

I'm hoping this is just a temporary fuck up, with normal service to resume soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.