• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Too right it will be. I wonder if there's a sneaky chance that MacDonald might get picked. He's scored a stack of runs this season and is handy with the ball.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well both Mitch and Watto bagged 5 for's.

Not much else at this stage. England minimising the chance for any young player to get a hit. Good for them.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
And Ferguson gone for 10. I would say the team is pretty much set now:

Watson
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
North
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz (though he only bowled one over in the whole game at the SCG)
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Poms are 2/86 at lunch. Game pretty even, although the pitch looks fairly tame. Think if Doherty doesn't drop Cook we are on top, but still everything looks OK so far. Good mental blow on Strauss, he is a real key for them.

I think anything under 350 is a win, a lot will depend on how KP fares in the next hour, he is looking pretty good.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep, that's a pretty even first session of a test match. Next session will be key I think and could set the rest of the game up for either team.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
KP gone, caught by Punter off Siddle. Big wicket, he was looking set for a really big score.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We can not lose in BrisVegas.

Seldom do and not this year.

Aust to go 1 up.

Looking forward to the second test.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Siddle's a funny one. He's wholehearted and charges in all day, but he doesn't look anywhere near as threatening as the other guys. But if he gets wickets then who am I to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.