• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Just call me the reverse kiss of death. I just went to Cricinfo and found that he'd destroyed the England middle order. Ho-leeee-crap.

And to think I was really wanting Bolly to play. Back in my box now.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Poms all out 260, a score that is not as bad as it looks but still advantage Australia. If we can get to stumps without loss (which looks likely) then all the better.

Pieterson was the crucial wicket today, he needed to score a hundred the way he was going. None of the English batsman really stood up today, Bell easily the best and would have scored more with better support from the lower order.

God I love the Ashes, almost forgot what real cricket looked like!

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I just got home from a top day at the cricket. That Hat trick was great to be there for. I have drunk far too much free piss in the corporate suite I was invited too.

C'mon Aussie...

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Corporate Suite with free piss at the first day of the first Ashes test? What job do you do and how can I get involved!! Thats the great Australian dream right there!

The Siddle hattrick was a fantastic moment, you would never forget that if you were at the ground.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We can not lose in BrisVegas.

Seldom do and not this year.

Aust to go 1 up.

Looking forward to the second test.

There was 400 runs in that pitch. 260 Ha. Take that for Twickers.

Wonder when they will capitulate in Perth at the WACA.

P Siddle for Aust of the Year. You little ripper!.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Watching the highlights, it seems that Siddle pitched the ball up a bit more than he usually does and it paid off. He quite often bowls that banging into the pitch back of a length kind of ball and doesn't draw the batsman forward enough. He didn't today though.

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
As one of the former 'Why the hell did they pick Siddle, he hasn't played for 10 months' crowd, I have well and truly been silenced.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Cricket, tbh I don't care if we lose the ashes because its not that big a deal anymore. 2005 was a big deal because we had a good team you had a great team and we just sneaked it. Best series i have ever seen and I watched the whole thing live.

This year you guys don't have the pedigree of previous years and Its not as entertaining. Although I would stay up and watch the tests if Geraint Jones was selected again, my favourite cricketer.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Will Bolly be back next test in place of Johnson? Siddle shouldn't be dropped after his efforts yesterday.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What is the story with Clark?

9 runs from 50 Balls faced???

Mojo is well and truly gone.

Ponting 10 from 26 faced including 1 four.

Piss poor effort from our leaders with the bat. Huss and Hadds will carry the day. Don't you worry about that.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Fielding half fit players always comes back to bite you and it appears that it's happened with Clarke. Some guys play as well or better when injured, but they are a rare breed.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Will be a difficult decision for the selectors considering we have another test next week. Clarke's nature is to say he's right even when he isn't, so I doubt he will stand down unless the injury gets worse.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep, like all big time players, he'll want to be out there. Had the other candidates played big innings in the Hobart game, I reckon he might have been left out.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Fielding half fit players always comes back to bite you and it appears that it's happened with Clarke. Some guys play as well or better when injured, but they are a rare breed.

Slightly off-topic but...

1. Isn't Genia carrying an injury this weekend? Bad omen?

2. If the Chicago Bulls were in town and Michael Jordan started feeling a little under the weather, you were probably in for a long, hard nite against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.