• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Slightly off-topic but...

1. Isn't Genia carrying an injury this weekend? Bad omen?

2. If the Chicago Bulls were in town and Michael Jordan started feeling a little under the weather, you were probably in for a long, hard nite against him.

1, Yep and I think I said as much in the match thread.

2, Yep again and one other bloke I can think of who was like that (bringing it back to cricket) was Gordon Greenidge.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looks like Hussey is in the process of pulling another career saver out of somewhere. He fair dinkum must have photos of every selector to have held on this long with such an ordinary run of form. If he gets a big score here he will go back to single figure performances for the rest of the series.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Clark has to be carrying a particularly nasty injury, cause his batting was not good today.

Ponting is losing the plot, and will be lucky to have his contract renewed. Anyone know when it is up for re-negotiation?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Fielding half fit players always comes back to bite you and it appears that it's happened with Clarke. Some guys play as well or better when injured, but they are a rare breed.

An object lesson for selectors in any sport.

Come in close, Andrew, Robbie, et al, real close, closer than that, c'mon, grab his shoulders and listen: if any player's not 100% fit, DON'T FUCKING PICK HIM. That goes for you, Pup, and you, Sanchez. Got it, Hilditch, Deans and others? Don't forget it.

Let's hope Genia's on the bench tomorrow morning.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I am still pretty cautious in my optimism. England have bowled well with no luck, Hussey could have been out lbw if England had a review left. Ponting and Clarke are in poor form, and neither is likely to be left out unless Clarke is dropped for injury. But the momentum for the series is with us at the moment, so that is always a good thing.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Huss just amazes me. The bloke has one foot in the proverbial grave a couple of weeks ago against Victoria and plays a career saving innings and then does it again today. And when the team needs him most. I just shake my head in disbelief and frankly, admiration.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ark. Huss out for 195, tantalisingly close to double ton. Went for a sucker ball, caught in the deep. Highest ever test score by Huss.

Hadds out already.

198 lead. Time to think about a declaration, and tear into the Poms today. Should get a day off if they play their cards right.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Huss goooone on 195. What a partnership.

I, for one, love being able to watch the Ashes all day only to wake up in the morning and watch the Wobs play, woo!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Johnson out for a duck.

The Hero strolls out to face.

And off the mark for a quick single on the first ball faced.

8/467 - 207 lead. When will Ricky declare?

And back in the pavilion for not too many to mentally prepare for the 2nd innings onslaught.

Lead by 215 (9/475 Doherty 11, Hilf 0)

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Give it til half an hour before stumps then send em in while the (non-daylight saving) light fades to tear the openers a new one!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Still 20 overs to go today, the light looks like it will hold out enough to bowl most if not all of those. Will be a pivotal session, just one wicket will be all we need to go to stumps with our tail up. As it is you would think we are in an almost unloseable position.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
All out for 481 . Xavier holed out for 11. Hilfie not out. Finn = 6 for. Poms out in 10 minutes to face destiny. Strauss on a pair. Yay.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What a ripper first ball. Just outside the line, just going over the top.

New undies needed by Mr Strauss.

What a start that would have been?

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
What a great 3 days of cricket so far. Hussey and Hadden both played heroic knocks but karma also favoured them. All in all, I am still very worried about this pom team. They are made of something different to their recent predessesors (sp?) and are demonstrating a remarkable amount of skill and composure. I have been over the ditch this week (visiting the Marlborough of all places) and the kiwis are watching this test closely as well.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Kiwis are watching our test vicariously 'cause they just had their Jarses whipped by Bangladesh, and were flogged by and innings and lots in the 3rd test in India.

We are the only chance for them to see an ANZAC victory!

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
LOl why would she call herself the ashes, "I am not a cricket match. Stop mentioning me and check profiles before you send messages. Its really annoying."

There are about 10 posts like that one, haha

Oh and Strauss and Cook for centuries

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Clark's back injury is probably going to save North from being dropped.

Little bit cloudy here today. Hopefully Hil will get the ball to hoop around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.