• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The impending Hooper vs Pocock Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Hodgson
2. Pocock
3. G Smith
4. McMahon
5. Butler
6. Hooper
7. Gill
8. Reid
9. Giteau
10. Cooper
11. Lealiifano
12. Beale
13. To'omua
14. O'Connor
15. Foley

16. C Fainga'a
17. Beau Robinson
18. Fuglistaller
19. McCutcheon
20. Alcock
21. Frisby
22. Debreczeni
23. Barnes

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Re TOCC;s line up ...4 & 5 ? Hobbits in the the second row ? The Desolation of the Line-out ... if they could win any scrums would be explosive in broken play but would love to see that line up in the 7's with a couple of blistering backs .

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
1. Hodgson
2. Pocock
3. Smith
4. McMahon
5. Gill
6. Hooper
7. Alcock
8. Reid

16. Fainga'a
17. Robinson
18. Fugistaller
19. Butler
20. McCutcheon

Don't need that. We can already run Slipper, Fai'inga and Alexander in the front row.

They're all breakaways.

The real flaw in the plan is that Fuglistaller isn't eligible. All of your plans are ruined.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Don't need that. We can already run Slipper, Fai'inga and Alexander in the front row.

They're all breakaways.

The real flaw in the plan is that Fuglistaller isn't eligible. All of your plans are ruined.
Wasn't slipper a fly half?

But you are right, Hodgson, pocock and smith are wasted in the front row, we could use them better in the centres

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I know this is the wrong spot for this comment but it's kinda relevant..

Surely Ardie savea is McCaw's successor. I'd have him there already

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
I know this is the wrong spot for this comment but it's kinda relevant..

Surely Ardie savea is McCaw's successor. I'd have him there already

Keep up! based on the new model we've been working on the last few posts, Ardie Savea would be their new tight head.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
well they went head-to-head and I have changed my mind. I would have Hooper at 7 after that. Test rugby is less about the flash turnovers than say Mccaws heyday and Hooper is just such an all-round pest. I' imaginbe AB's would wheel out the old "run straight at him to make him the first tackler dont let him be 2nd to the ball" ploy for Pocock. i'll probably change my mind next week and foist it upon the forum as gospel. It's what us internet experst do

ps, I call this piece "Davide, Michale, Di and Liame at The Seaside". It is part of the Italian classic movement. I painted it all by myself.

90591379-e34a-4c91-9476-7d4161e94c72_zpsiepqvbw1.gif

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How bloody good was that hit Hooper did on Vaea. Vaea is no slouch and it was a clear 1 v 1 and Hooper hit low and hard and managed to drive him back 5 metres or so. I still prefer Pocock but I nearly creamed my pants when I saw that.

I say the same about Pockock steals and still prefer Hooper - both outstanding players and that was shown on Friday night.

Preferences can go on and on . . . . . . and it'd be a safe selection. Playing both they are both so good that their strengths may bring more return than the weakness.

Reference to Pocock becoming a hooker not a fan of it, Richard Harry went from flanker to prop though.

Status
Not open for further replies.