• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I was under the impression the Tigers extended his contract due to his outstanding play in the Aviva Premiership. Also is Rodney Ma'a injured as I haven't noticed his name in any team lists for a while now.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
You beauty great win for the Two Blues over the Millionaires at Foreshaw. The lowest point of a low season last year for the TBs was at this joint where got beaten by a hundred and players would wait back on half way to kick off while Souths kicked conversions. Not an average performer for the Blues . Especially fantastic to see Mika Polota Nau get a win in his first grade debut. Great work Mika who has lost 45 kilos in the off season and last year was struggling in 4s. Today he held his own against a Super Rugby player in Tetera Faulkner. Mika embodies everything that is great about this club. Awesome effort everyone we are very proud of what you have acheived.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Wow, Mika PN in 1's. What happened to the other front rowers?

Did Steve Mafi play? What HAS happened to Rodney Ma'a? Did Dan Yakopo play?

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Rumours doing the rounds this week is that they are about to announce a major signing from the Force......any tips?

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Steve is training at the club to keep fit but cant play unfortunately. Rodney did his acl and is out for the season. Dan Yakopo played 13 yesterday scored two trys and absolutely owned Brackin Henry.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Steve is training at the club to keep fit but cant play unfortunately. Rodney did his acl and is out for the season. Dan Yakopo played 13 yesterday scored two trys and absolutely owned Brackin Henry.

Thanks BR. Must be good for the boys having Mafi around the place despite not being able to play. Why is it he can't play? Hard news for Rodney, from all reports he was going well. If I'd have known Yakopo was playing against Henry, I would've gone to the game. That clash would have been worth the trip and admission itself.

Any word on the major signing from the Force? Is it Wykes?

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
Thanks BR. Must be good for the boys having Mafi around the place despite not being able to play. Why is it he can't play? Hard news for Rodney, from all reports he was going well. If I'd have known Yakopo was playing against Henry, I would've gone to the game. That clash would have been worth the trip and admission itself.

Any word on the major signing from the Force? Is it Wykes?

It probablly is Sam Wykes. Congratulations to parra on a good fought out win

C

CoachTB

Rodney Ma'a was just coming into great form - big blow for the bloke. Mafi's issue is contractual but symbolic that he has returned to the Two Blues.

Mika Polota-Nau's promotion was due to injury in the front row stocks but his performance was strong and with his outstanding attitude the game against Souths may not be the last we see of him in the 3pm kick off time slot.

The battle between Bracken and Yakopo promised much at outside centre but on this day Yakopo was a class above - showing pace, strength and skill that proved too much for the defence on a number of occasions. Proving the old saying - "it's not the size of the dog in the fight" (you know the rest)

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Especially fantastic to see Mika Polota Nau get a win in his first grade debut. Great work Mika who has lost 45 kilos in the off season and last year was struggling in 4s.

wow, i spoke to him during the year about his weight loss, he has done such a great job. 45kgs?!?!?! Good for him, top bloke

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I continue to be impressed by the loyalty, leadership and other qualities shown by Tatafu Polota-Nau. On a day when I would have expected the Waratahs to be reassembling in Sydney for some serious time on the turps together, not only did he travel to Uni to watch his club's teams play but he was in the bar afterwards for quite a while talking to people from both clubs. He is arguably the greatest asset the 1879 Club has.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Thommo is Peter Thompson ex Parra premiership winning player and long time Board Member who is the heart and soul of the club and last years Clubmen of the Year. And we are paticularly proud of his Match Reports, best in the business . He loves an acronym ( FTT ) failure to tackle ! Go Thommo. Funniest moment of last year was when a particularly frustrated Thommo red carded himself from the grandstand at Milner and had to walk from one end of the stand to the other coping abuse from Eastwood fans as he completed his walk of shame. Priceless !

Status
Not open for further replies.