• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
sounds like it was a very disappointing end to the day? Chin up Two Blues, and Blues Recovery, the steps forward for 2011 have not gone unnoticed. A little more tweaking and 2012 could very well be a watershed year. Hang tough and have a crack at the Woods

Heard a rumour this morning that Sam Wykes actually agreed to return to Parra this year, only to turn up at a Wests training session on the tuesday (where they named him at 8 in 1s) then turned up unannounced at Eastwood on the Thursday. Can anyone confirm? That must have been a bitter pill to swallow for the Two Blues watching him score 2 tries against them on Saturday

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Heard a rumour this morning that Sam Wykes actually agreed to return to Parra this year, only to turn up at a Wests training session on the tuesday (where they named him at 8 in 1s) then turned up unannounced at Eastwood on the Thursday. Can anyone confirm? That must have been a bitter pill to swallow for the Two Blues watching him score 2 tries against them on Saturday

When you cant say something nice better ro say nothing

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hang tough and have a crack at the Woods
Not a great day at T G Millner unless you happened to be wearing blue and white. Well done to Eastwood - too fast, too skilled, too well drilled for a Two Blues side that never stopped trying but were simply outclassed. Best performance by a club team that I have personally seen this year.

I can't comment on that - there are others from the club who sometimes read and post on this forum who may be better placed to comment, or not. I guess what we are seeing more and more is a situation where some players place more value on what they perceive to be better for their long term prospects than they place on what people my age would view as traditional values. We see it frequently where our juniors are told that they need to play for X or Y rather than Parra. Thankfully Tatafu didn't simply accept that proposition.

Will be eagerly looking for Thommo's report this week!

UPDATE: Thommo seems to be almost philosophical about the loss. His match report is up now on the club website.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
how'd they go v Easts?

West Harbour away I see this week. That will be tough, as Wests will be smarting from the first round loss.....and John Lomax will have the Pirates boys all fired up for it.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
how'd they go v Easts?

West Harbour away I see this week. That will be tough, as Wests will be smarting from the first round loss.....and John Lomax will have the Pirates boys all fired up for it.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
how'd they go v Easts?

To be brutally honest, this was one the boys would probably not be proud of. Easts won convincingly 47-15 but Parra did themselves no favours with a lack of ball control and some poor options. Still it is a measure of how far we have come this season that we are upset at such a scoreline - last year a scoreline like that would have been cause for celebration. We still have way to go, and the road ahead will have a few more hills to climb but I feel we are on the way back.

I see that Thommo has an interesting view as to why we lost to Easts but I'd prefer not to enter the climate change debate, leaving that to more qualified people.

As to Wests - yes, they will be tough and I have no doubt they'll be fired up seeking revenge for the first round and also smarting after losing to Warringah. It will be an interesting clash.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I noticed the Two Blues got up over Penrith yesterday. 40-38. Well done. With a scoreline like that it must've been entertaining. There's something about this local derby that has both sides throwing the ball around. I just looked up on Shute Shield website and the round 1 match was 38-32 to Penrith. Any feedback on the game will be great.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
? That scoreline is generally the average Shute Shield scoreline these days. Especially anything involving Randwick.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I noticed the Two Blues got up over Penrith yesterday. 40-38. Well done. With a scoreline like that it must've been entertaining. There's something about this local derby that has both sides throwing the ball around. I just looked up on Shute Shield website and the round 1 match was 38-32 to Penrith. Any feedback on the game will be great.

Thommo's match report is up on the club website.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Do any of you know why Steve Mafi is not in the Tongan World Cup squad? Also what happened to Frankie Raikadroka? I noticed his name in a program ealier this season after a few years at uni.

T

T.Rugby

Do any of you know why Steve Mafi is not in the Tongan World Cup squad? Also what happened to Frankie Raikadroka? I noticed his name in a program ealier this season after a few years at uni.

i'm not entirely sure why he hasnt been selected but i know he hasn't featured in any of the warm up games for the tongan squad (that includes the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) and the Series against fiji over the last 2 weeks). he played for tonga last year in the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) but not since.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)

rumour has it that Leicester would not release him for the RWC

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I wonder if Tonga regret that now? They could laso have done with Eastwood 10 and 12 in my opinion too...........

Couldn't agree more.

Can anyone from Parra tell us how the recruitment is going for next year? You gonna have 3 colts sides? How's grade looking? You have a great foundation to build on from the progress made in 2011. Is Coach Christini back for 2012?

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Couldn't agree more.

Can anyone from Parra tell us how the recruitment is going for next year? You gonna have 3 colts sides? How's grade looking? You have a great foundation to build on from the progress made in 2011. Is Coach Christini back for 2012?

Can't comment on recruitment (because I don't know) but Christini announced at the awards night that he would be back.

Perhaps ParraGM might be along soon to reveal any major signings.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Can't comment on recruitment (because I don't know) but Christini announced at the awards night that he would be back.

Perhaps ParraGM might be along soon to reveal any major signings.

Is ParraGM still on here? Haven't had a comment from him in months.

Blues Recovery is probably our best hope for feedback here but perhaps he doesn't have the desire to care anymore after his promotion.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is ParraGM still on here? Haven't had a comment from him in months.

Blues Recovery is probably our best hope for feedback here but perhaps he doesn't have the desire to care anymore after his promotion.

There can be no doubt about Blues Recovery's passion for our club and the same can be said for ParraGM. Both of them have put in massive efforts over the past few years and I, for one, don't begrudge them taking a bit of time for themselves while they can. We've been fortunate that they've shared some views with us on this forum and we shouldn't rush to read anything into their lack of public commentary at the moment. Well, that's my view anyway.

O

Ole Two Blue

I'm heading down to training tonight to have a look. Will let you know Slash

R

rugbylover2012

how are the Parramatta Two Blues going to go this year?
who have they lost and gained in first grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.