• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd like to see each club have it's own thread under Club Rugby where updates, club news, match previews / reports and events are posted each week. Great way to spread the exposure and keep the supporters further affield aware of whats happening.
This idea has merit but hopefully all clubs already have their own website and where would GAGR draw the line e.g. only Premier Rugby clubs in each state? major subbies teams? schools? I think most clubs promote (to sponsors) the value of advertising on the club website and so they would want to draw readers to their own site. In some ways, if GAGR were to act as a quasi portal to club websites it might be a win/win situation. Certainly this seems a good idea for GAGR management to consider.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
This idea has merit but hopefully all clubs already have their own website and where would GAGR draw the line e.g. only Premier Rugby clubs in each state? Yes I'm sure each club would have their own site, yes only Premier Rugby. I think it could go towards assisting it reach the 3T status we'd all like. I think most clubs promote (to sponsors) the value of advertising on the club website and so they would want to draw readers to their own site. Club website, news letters continue. In some ways, if GAGR were to act as a quasi portal to club websites it might be a win/win situation. Certainly this seems a good idea for GAGR management to consider.

Club websites dont allow the banter, sledging, feed back and ideas that float around on hear.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You could send a pm to Gagger or any of the other mods using the "Inbox" conversation functionality.

Alternately just do it anyway. Gagger and the mods will let you know pretty quickly when lines have been crossed.

I think as long as the plugs and links to the web sites etc remain within the one thread, and there is little or no "cross posting" in the more general threads, then the mods would probably be reasonably happy.

Think how the School Sporting Scholarship thread acts as a safety valve for the GPS and CAS threads. As long as the shameless club promotion, banter and plugs remain within The Mighty Two Blues Thread, and does not spread to the Shute Shield thread, then there may not be any problems.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We'll have a look at it. No promises. I see potential for good, and also for a lot of sniping and shit, so we'd have to find a path down the middle.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
We'll have a look at it. No promises. I see potential for good, and also for a lot of sniping and shit, so we'd have to find a path down the middle.
Cheers, I hope it comes off, good luck.
Each club has a sub folder under Shute Shield 2013.
Each club posts their Preview, and Review and any events - ladies day etc.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Good Luck to Parramatta Rugby in 2013. The Greatest Rugby Club in the History of the Planet, and for no apparent reason other than.. it is.

Yep, should be a good year.

Got my Two Blues cap ready and going to head to Merrylands RSL rugby park early on Saturday to watch all grades.

April is finally here , Go the Two Blues

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yep, should be a good year.

Got my Two Blues cap ready and going to head to Merrylands RSL rugby park early on Saturday to watch all grades.

April is finally here , Go the Two Blues
Don't forget three grades of colts at St Paul's, Sydney uni

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Good luck to all the Parra boys on Saturday. Great to see the hard rebuilding work paying off . Especially gratifying to see the Colts numbers.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
A measure of how far the mighty Two Blues have come is that the faithful were disappointed in today's grade results. Fourth grade will be in for a rollicking from the coaches - ill discipline and poor execution let them down. Third grade were little better. Reserve Grade went down 22-28 after making a mighty comeback. If they had played the whole game they way they played the second half they would have won comfortably. First grade were patchy and I imagine Coach Christini will rue some of the late personnel changes forced upon the side, eventually losing 21-44 in a willing contest. They are a better side than that result might suggest.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
By all accounts the Colts performed reasonably well at St Pauls Oval. I don't think they won any games but they were not embarrassed with the scorelines in seconds and thirds. My snout only saw 1/2 first grade. Students were up by about two tries to two penalties.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Parra contested well all afternoon. They presented as better structured, conditioned and coached than in previous seasons.

3rds 27-0
2nds 34-0
1sts 59-9

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The success of last year's Parramatta Pacific Day will be difficult to top but the Two Blues are going to give it a go on April 20 when the Mighty Two Blues do battle against the dangerous Manly Marlins. Should be a fantastic day of rugby and entertainment from many of our talented local youngsters. If you can possibly make it to Merrylands RSL Club Rugby Park you will be glad you came. More details on the club website http://twobluesrugby.com.au Don't forget to bring your fishing gear - Marlins are great to catch!

The club's Golf Day is this coming Friday April 12 - if you haven't already booked, you may have to ring Belly and see if he can squeeze you into a group. Should be a great day. More details on the club website http://twobluesrugby.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.