• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
I was given my fathers present early this year. I got to pick it up yesterday at the rugby.

My little ones brought me my 2013 Parramatta Two Blues rugby membership.

I always knew they good taste in gifts

Thanks girls dad loved the gift

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
I was given my fathers present early this year. I got to pick it up yesterday at the rugby.

My little ones brought me my 2013 Parramatta Two Blues rugby membership.

I always knew they had good taste in gifts

Thanks girls dad loved the gift

Still loving the gift , and the girls are coming to the Pacific Day.. They cant wait , Kids fun for them great rugby for dad. who could ask for more. Throw four wins and its a perfect day

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Still loving the gift , and the girls are coming to the Pacific Day. They cant wait , Kids fun for them great rugby for dad. who could ask for more. Throw four wins and its a perfect day
It's going to be a great day Wazza, the talent on display last year was wonderful and I'm led to believe this year will be even better. Not sure whether we can put the house on four wins but I am sure the boys will do us proud.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
For some time you've been hearing people talk about the great culture at the Two Blues. The first episode of Parramatta Rugby TV might help you understand why we are so excited about the changes that have been cultivated by a dedicated group including Michael Bell, Glen Christini, the Parramatta Board and key playing personnel. Check it out at the club website.

Now, time to look for some lights!

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Quick question guys, how easy is it to get to the ground from the train station?
I think I am going to come to the Pacific day and will be getting the train from the city.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Get off at Merrylands Station

1. Head south-west on Railway Tce towards Merrylands Rd

36 m
2. Take the 1st left on to Merrylands Rd
transparent.png

350 m
3. Turn right onto Montrose Ave
transparent.png

200 m
4. Enter the roundabout
transparent.png

16 m

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Great thanks, I was just being lazy and hadnt checked where it was until now.
Will get train to Parramatta then change and get off at Merrylands.
My knowledge of Parramatta is limited to two trips to watch the Wanderers...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No problems with that GunnerDownUnder.

Join the other 2 million residents of Sydney who's knowledge of Western Sydney is limited to less than yours.

And those Elected Representatives who work in Macquarie Street Sydney, and Parliament Circle Canberra, whose actual knowledge and experience is actually less than yours, but who claim to have all the answers to all the problems of the West.

And then lets not forget that there are plenty "elected" and appointed representatives "working" out of Moore Park, and St Leonards, who fall into the same boat.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ No trains there. A 373 bus from the City I think. Parking is bad if you are taking a car. Allow plenty of time.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great thanks, I was just being lazy and hadnt checked where it was until now.
Will get train to Parramatta then change and get off at Merrylands.
My knowledge of Parramatta is limited to two trips to watch the Wanderers.

Gunner,

Don't change at Parramatta - change at Granville, Merrylands is one stop to the south-west of Granville.

If you get off at Parramatta, you'll either have to backtrack to Granville and then change for Merrylands, or get a bus from Parramatta. Changing at Granville will be quicker.

Pacific Day was fantastic last year and I'm told this year will be even better. The talented performers will entertain us all before and after each game and also at half time. You'll get an idea of what to expect by taking a look at http://twobluesrugby.com.au/article.php/2013040621203394.

Z

Zeno

And a great sight to see the blue scrum trampling all over green, repeatedly. That match could have been a terrific contest but obviously the ref is a UNSW man.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
And a great sight to see the blue scrum trampling all over green, repeatedly. That match could have been a terrific contest but obviously the ref is a UNSW man.
The Parra scrum monstered the boys in Green on a number of occasions. I've seen plenty of matches where the referee has chosen to issue repeated penalties against packs that failed to handle the pressure and collapsed in a manner similar to that seen today at Coogee. Unfortunately, I don't think the referee had seen those same matches.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
The Parra scrum monstered the boys in Green on a number of occasions. I've seen plenty of matches where the referee has chosen to issue repeated penalties against packs that failed to handle the pressure and collapsed in a manner similar to that seen today at Coogee. Unfortunately, I don't think the referee had seen those same matches.

Agree ,The Parra pack pushed the Wick forwards all over the park ,The Parra scrums were a joy to watch.

Didn't win the game , but won the forwards battle

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pffft. Two out of three ain't bad. In the old days the three things that counted were the Scoreboard, Forwards battle, and the Boat Race. The latter activity is frowned upon by some of the S&C police, and doesn't seem to occur with the same frequency as previously, but I reckon the Wicks would have had no chance in the Boat Race if one was held.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Former All Black and Waratah Sosene Anesi has been listed in 3rd grade for the past two weeks.

Is he coming back from injury or just interested in playing in the dirty thirds and no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.