• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Thommo is Peter Thompson ex Parra premiership winning player and long time Board Member who is the heart and soul of the club and last years Clubmen of the Year. And we are paticularly proud of his Match Reports, best in the business . He loves an acronym ( FTT ) failure to tackle ! Go Thommo. Funniest moment of last year was when a particularly frustrated Thommo red carded himself from the grandstand at Milner and had to walk from one end of the stand to the other coping abuse from Eastwood fans as he completed his walk of shame. Priceless !

Thats funny. Would love to know the details on why he red carded himself..................

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
A few too many colourful suggestions to the referee and in particular Matt Dunning. In this match Dunning got into a punch up with one of our Kiwi forwards during which he apparently said ' Dont you know who i am" to which our Kiwi replied " yeah your that boof head that kicked that field goal "

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
A few too many colourful suggestions to the referee and in particular Matt Dunning. In this match Dunning got into a punch up with one of our Kiwi forwards during which he apparently said ' Dont you know who i am" to which our Kiwi replied " yeah your that boof head that kicked that field goal "

Haha hilarious................thanks for sharing that. From my playing days back in the dark ages aside from Parra belting the crap out of us, they were very good at the 'sledge'.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Haha hilarious................thanks for sharing that. From my playing days back in the dark ages aside from Parra belting the crap out of us, they were very good at the 'sledge'.

Thommo would definitely have been the bloke belting you and sledging you!

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Blues Recovery has hit the nail on the head - Thommo is one of our characters, a man of great passion for the club and for the game. His contribution to the club, like all of our volunteers, is vital to our revival, or should I say recovery. Thommo's match reports are sometimes augmented by match videos linked in by the GM, Michael Bell, making them even more interesting. Hopefully, Thommo will be writing about a great Two Blues win today!

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Unlikely , but the improvement from losing 111 - 0 at the beginning of last year has been amazing. Congratulations and good luck this afternoon.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I saw that had a win v the Rats. Well done Parra. Can someone tell me if the Rats had some of their super rugby players playing?

Pretty sure the Rats were without any of their Super Rugby players. The team listed in the Results section of NSW Rugby looks right I think:
1. Loose head prop MANU, Salesi
2. Hooker MASON, David
3. Tight head prop GLYDE, Thomas
4. Left lock ADAMS, Ben
5. Right lock LONGRIGG, Mitchell
6. Left flanker SIDDONS, Mark
7. Right flanker PORPIGLIA, Mark
8. Number eight WARD, Samuel
9. Scrum half BRADLEY, Scott
10. Fly half ANGUS, Hamish
11. Left wing DALTON, Michael
12. Left centre DOYLE, Edward
13. Right centre SMOUHA, Dylan
14. Right wing FELTSCHEER, David
15. Full back CAMPBELL, Hugh
Reserve 1 PESETA, Jason
Reserve 2 TRBOJEVICH, Ryan

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
No-one of any real note there. Peseta off the bench is interesting. Was he dropped to 2's? Or was he fresh reserve? Whilst the backs dont have their 'names' there's still some serious speed there. Dalton, Doyle, Smouha and Feltcheer would have to be one of the quickest three quarter lines in the comp............though Doyle and Smouha in particular are very suspect in defence.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Very disapointing result for Parra on Saturday. The boys were completely dominating the match with Gordon ,leading 25-8 with 14 to go and looked like they were going to win by 30.
Then thinking we have the game in the bag we make 3 replacements at once, replacing our best tackler, Boland, our best player Toese and our half back Rech who was having a blinder.
Two minutes later Parra get a penalty on half way, a bit of push and shove starts and Sione Tuala decides to uppercut the smallest player in the gordon team about 6 times and rightly gets red carded. Penalty reversed.
A couple of minutes later Lua gets yellow carded for repeated infringemnts ( he has been on the field 5 minutes). So parra finish with 13 men and Gordon scores 3 minutes after the full time bell after getting a penalty from a Parra fed scrum that was called after the siren.
Gutted for the boys who played their heart out and rightly thought they had done enough to win. Selfishness by a bloke who cant keep his hands down and strange decisions in the last 5 minutes by the man in the middle conspired to drag defeat from the jaws of victory. Not a game that simply should have been won, but a game that was going to be won by plenty. This can never happen again if this club is going to capitalise on all the gains made this year.

X

xmarksthespot

I saw the referee was scholtens...hes always been sub-standard anyways,heads up parra.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
It's a bit hard to fault the ref on the facts as presented. Even back in my playing days six uppercuts would have probably earned a red.

X

xmarksthespot

Not denying that at all..and I was not there for the game...just saying...hes not a good referee

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Very disapointing result for Parra on Saturday. ......

Disappointing appears to be a mild adjective to use in the circumstances - Thommo's report on the club website clearly shows the frustration felt by the Two Blues faithful.

A few moments of ill-discipline cost the Two Blues this match and while there can be no denying great strides have been made in 2011, there can be no denying that we have a long way to go. The best teams don't allow situations to develop as they did on Saturday. The best teams have a very clear vision of what it is they are trying to achieve, and have a base pattern of play they can fall back to when they are rattled. They trust their patterns, they trust themselves to execute the skills required to support those patterns of play and they show respect to their teammates (and their club as Thommo so rightly points out) by executing those skills to the exclusion of all distractions. It will be instructive as to the shorter term future of the Two Blues to see how they can bounce back from this.

And let us not belittle the efforts of Gordon on Saturday, they had a fair few out for various reasons and were clearly rattled by Parra for long periods in the match but they displayed maturity and somehow kept themselves in the game and eventually put themselves in position to win it. A grudging "well done" from this old bloke.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
sounds like it was a very disappointing end to the day? Chin up Two Blues, and Blues Recovery, the steps forward for 2011 have not gone unnoticed. A little more tweaking and 2012 could very well be a watershed year. Hang tough and have a crack at the Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.