• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
People would still complain.

If it's not completely gold, made out of cotton, with a collar, leather elbow patches and a pocket for your monocle it's just not a rugby jersey.

But they can rest easy. I've just been down to Rebel and can report:

The yellow in the new one is basically the same as the yellow in last year's. (To my eyes anyway)

It has what could be called a 21st century collar (a strip of white fabric where a collar would go)

But wait there's more:

There is a cotton version, with an old fashioned white collar which can be turned up AND there's also a long sleeve version.

Alas, no leather patches and no pocket for the monocle though:)

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah to be fair the gold is basically the same for the player jersey. That said the cotton old school version has a pale, slightly washed out and almost green tinted shade that looks pretty crap. Also, those green stripes translate even less well onto cotton some how

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But they can rest easy. I've just been down to Rebel and can report:

The yellow in the new one is basically the same as the yellow in last year's. (To my eyes anyway)

It has what could be called a 21st century collar (a strip of white fabric where a collar would go)

But wait there's more:

There is a cotton version, with an old fashioned white collar which can be turned up AND there's also a long sleeve version.

Alas, no leather patches and no pocket for the monocle though:)

Yes but did you buy one? If not, WILL you buy one & be seen in public wearing it?

Perhaps the blazer has a pocket for a monocle?

Trust a colonial to not know that a blazer without a pocket for one's monocle simply isn't a blazer, my dear old thing.

FWIW we had a bloke in the shop last week wearing an old school wobs Jersey that had to be from the '80's at latest: cotton, white collar, stitched-on coat of arms & faded to hell but nary a stain or hole so obviously much loved & cared for. I asked him if he'd seen the new one & he informed me that he had & wouldn't be seen dead in it.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
WHO, I had an Adidas Wallabies jersey for a long time and loved it. Alas for a period of time I got a little err big for it and was forced to throw it out some years ago. The gold on that is what I'd prefer to see (along with the early 90's jersey). It's almost orange but that's OK.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yes but did you buy one? If not, WILL you buy one & be seen in public wearing it?

Trust a colonial to not know that a blazer without a pocket for one's monocle simply isn't a blazer, my dear old thing.

FWIW we had a bloke in the shop last week wearing an old school wobs Jersey that had to be from the '80's at latest: cotton, white collar, stitched-on coat of arms & faded to hell but nary a stain or hole so obviously much loved & cared for. I asked him if he'd seen the new one & he informed me that he had & wouldn't be seen dead in it.

I certainly won't be buying one of the cotton ones - they look hideous. Indeed they might well have been designed to make the 21st century one look good and convert a few diehards.

No I didn't buy one of the new ones - I might by my son one at some point though. Not sure if I'll get one - not because I have anything particularly against it, it's just that I've got more jerseys here that I could possibly wear - right back to the orange one that NFJ & co wore at RWC 1991. I even have the awful multi-colured one that Eales & co wore when we used to win Bledisloe Cups and the blue one we wore against England in 1999.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Gotta say, the difference in the the whole approach to the jersey seems pretty stark!

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11473665
image.jpg

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The difference of the difference is so different, I mean it's black, but not as we know it.
The design meeting would have been different too - "It's gotta look like a T-shirt, it can have black, the AIG thingy and a Fern - just go crazy with that!"

Hahahahaha....I posted from my iphone, got in the car to drive to work and it's been bugging me the whole way!! LOL

Just think the whole approach to the design and even the way it gets released is just worlds apart.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ahh lol they look like some of the chav British backpackers you see around Sydney wearing Lonsdale polo shirts far too tight for them. The collar looks stupid, I'm glad the wallabies ditched their collar.

You don't have to buy the tightest one..... Looks better than anything Asics are doing for us. Apart from a few of the jackets and the backpacks the whole 2015 range is pretty ordinary. Matchday training shirt looks ok on the screen but need to see it in real life yet.

Wobs Matchday.jpg

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hahahahaha..I posted from my iphone, got in the car to drive to work and it's been bugging me the whole way!! LOL

Just think the whole approach to the design and even the way it gets released is just worlds apart.

I dunno, Dan Carter's expression seems to indicate that he isn't too impressed with it.