• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Number Eight Situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rocky is the best 6 in the country he should stay at blindside. As I remember Deans had a hard on for dual opensides so I'll bet my house on Hodgson starting at 8.

Palu is a massive loss & I'd happily start TPN at 8 but without Palu we still have plenty of big ball carriers who can get us over the advantage line in Moore, TPN, Alexander, Mumm & Rocky.

I'll probably go with Hodgson at 8 & someone like Higginbotham off the bench.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Rocky to 8, he has the best hands, he can have 6 on his back for all I care, but let him manage the back of the the scrum.

But we need another runner in the pack

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rocky to 8, he has the best hands, he can have 6 on his back for all I care, but let him manage the back of the the scrum.

Fatprop,
who's your favoured blindside ATM? If Rocky starts at 8.

S

Spook

disco said:
Palu is a massive loss & I'd happily start TPN at 8 but without Palu we still have plenty of big ball carriers who can get us over the advantage line in Moore, TPN, Alexander, Mumm & Rocky

Disco, Alexander will be at 3 and won't have the legs to run. Mumm doesn't make yards to test level. He needs to be hitting rucks and winning lineouts. Moore won't be making a lot of metres. Rocky does make yards but he needs help.

It's also what TPN offers without the ball that is so dynamic as well.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
1. Robinson
2. TPN
3. Alexander
4. Sharpe
5. Douglas
6. Mumm
7. Bam Bam
8. Elsom

OR

1. Robinson
2. TPN
3. Alexander
4. Mumm
5. Sharpe
6. Dennis/Mowen
7. Bam Bam
8. Elsom

Hoiles is another contender

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
disco said:

Fatprop,
who's your favoured blindside ATM? If Rocky starts at 8.

Higgs is raw, but the best talent, Hogdsen, Pocock & Elsom is my guess the higgs getting time

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
let robbie worry about that, but for the Tahs:

1. Robinson
2. Fitzpatrick (freier is back)
3.Baxter
4. Mumm
5. Douglas
6. Dennis/Mowen
7. Waugh
8. TPN

That is unlikely

1. Robinson
2. TPN
3. Baxter
4. Mumm
5. Douglas
6. Dennis
7. Waugh
8. Mowen

Mcaffery on the bench
Thoughts?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
#1 Tah said:
let robbie worry about that, but for the Tahs:

1. Robinson
2. Fitzpatrick (freier is back)
3.Baxter
4. Mumm
5. Douglas
6. Dennis/Mowen
7. Waugh
8. TPN

That is unlikely

1. Robinson
2. TPN
3. Baxter
4. Mumm
5. Douglas
6. Dennis
7. Waugh
8. Mowen

Mcaffery on the bench
Thoughts?
I think your second attempt is more likely. TPN won't be at 8, despite all the hype on here about how he could.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Like Disco said, I have a feeling Hodgson will definitely come into the starting side now that Palu looks to be out.

S

Spook

It'll be Hodgson, Brown or Rocky to 8. If Rocky goes to 8, Higginbotham could come in at 6 or Mumm.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think there is very good chance that we will see Mumm and Hodgson have time at 6 with Elsom at 8.

I would also like to see Mowen and Higgers get into the squad and get some game time.

I wish people would stop suggesting TPN for 8. He obviously has the skills, but he plays hooker and we aren't converting a hooker to play 8 for internationals. Particularly when we only really have 2 class hookers to start with.

I think we need size and mobility from our 8 & 6 at international level, so I would see who comes up the best out of Higgers and Mumm to partner Elsom and Pocock in the loose trio.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think Brown deserves another shot, at least in the Bundy tests. His form is pretty decent and he is a classy player.

He had his brain explosions because he was desperate to have an impact on the international scene, not because he wanted to cause penalties. I think he would of reflected on his actions and will thus approach his rugby more maturely.

Status
Not open for further replies.