• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Even Steve Hansen said the bounce of the ball didn't go the wallabies way all series and they were better than the results suggest.
Looking at some of the neutral forums there seems to be acknowledgement many of the 50/50 calls went against us. And so many of our unforced errors resulted in tries (eg Phipps 2 bad passes) where they could have been cleaned up if the ball bounced another way.
And foley kicked badly by his usual standard.
It's not as dire as it seems.
There will probably be one blow out against the ABs (there always is) but the other two will be closer and I think we might even jag one.
But we need to tweak the selections a bit first.
If we can see the deficiencies in the last 3 games i'm sure Cheika can.
He's still the man for the job.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Haha! Well that's alright. In QLD we's got our lickin' toads and then we got our eatin' toads. You can lick an eatin' toad but you don't wanna eat one of the lickin' ones.

The fuck!?!? What am I on?!?!

Dunno. Does rum go off?

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
England were playing KO rugby and did it extremely effectively. Any of those games could have gone Australia's way. Aus just made too many errors and England kicked better.

As for the Boks, I think we are doomed to 3rd or 4th this season unless the Lions can win Super Rugby by some miracle and that confidence can somehow spark a revival in Bok form. This country needs some positive news.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Likely team IMO
Slipper
Moore
Holmes (to come back from England)
DOUGLAS (no other locks played that well to secure a spot)
Simmons
Fardy
Hooper
McMahon (still not convinced but has played well)
Phipps (but door open)
Foley (QC (Quade Cooper) - - has to sign first as not 60 caps)
To'omua
Kerevi
Folau (at 13)
Horne
????
DHP (at 15)

Suppose it all depends on Chek's attitude to bringing overseas based players back - essentially in the backs

Very early for discussion as a few games to go in Super rugby but I am bored as anything ATM

T

TOCC

Likely team IMO
Slipper
Moore
Holmes (to come back from England)
DOUGLAS (no other locks played that well to secure a spot)
Simmons
Fardy
Hooper
McMahon (still not convinced but has played well)
Phipps (but door open)
Foley (QC (Quade Cooper) - - has to sign first as not 60 caps)
To'omua
Kerevi
Folau (at 13)
Horne
????
DHP (at 15)

Suppose it all depends on Chek's attitude to bringing overseas based players back - essentially in the backs

Very early for discussion as a few games to go in Super rugby but I am bored as anything ATM

16 players.. 3 centres, is To'omua at 12 or is Kerevi?

I'm one of Greg Holmes biggest fans, but Kepu offers more then him, their scrummaging ability is roughly the same but Kepu offers more impact and with a bit of extra fitness training he should get his work rate back up to where it was last year.

Also, Rob Simmons missing the last 3 games of the Super Rugby season won't work in his favour, he needs to get some form behind him.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
16 players.. 3 centres, is To'omua at 12 or is Kerevi?

I'm one of Greg Holmes biggest fans, but Kepu offers more then him, their scrummaging ability is roughly the same but Kepu offers more impact and with a bit of extra fitness training he should get his work rate back up to where it was last year.

Also, Rob Simmons missing the last 3 games of the Super Rugby season won't work in his favour, he needs to get some form behind him.

Screwed up on centres

To'omua for me and Kerevi on the bench.

Fair point on Kepu and Holmes and either would be fine.

Simmo - I liked what I saw in that 20 minutes. Really don't think the other locks showed such good form to displace him. Hopefully Douglas plays well in the next couple of games and he will be straight in.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
There was some nice glimpses of form from Arnold and Coleman, they just need to work up some consistency. I wouldn't mind seeing them start.

Douglas is too fresh from injury IMO. I'd rather he is eased back from the bench. I'd like to see during the EOYT but I think the RC is way too soon.

Simmons is injured too isn't he? I like what I saw in game 3 too but to be fair it was a very short stint before coming off the field injured. He will need to prove fitness is 110% because if he is injured in the first halve again it can really hurt us in set-piece especially if Skelton is on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.