• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Geez what a great test, I can handle losing that, the Boks were great, not to often they play badly against the ABs. Shows the beauty of sport there is no guarantees.
Thanks Dan54

Stoked to see South Africa beat the AB’S as good for the game.

But equally good for AB’s brand is how they respond in defeat which is to praise South Africa and focus less on what they did wrong. I suspect this is what help makes the AB’s brand strong as people don’t like arrogant leaders and more so they realIse I expect is when you are number 1 by significant margin to acknowledge those who beat you what a significant achievement it is which helps to create interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
So there we go. Read's lack of tactical smarts shown up again when the pressure is on and 'just express yourself', or individual brilliance, doesn't work. Ditto doubling down on all the enigmatic play makers at the expense of more boringly methodical field generals.

Truest thing ever said. I always bring this up when people try and laud this team. They are severely lacking on the 2015 vintage.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Dan you are posting on a Wallaby forum. We're all bitter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Nah you are wrong derpus as I rarely support South Africa but against the all blacks there is not many I don’t support as that gives us hope!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
What?? Geez man can't you just enjoy a great test with a brilliant win to the Boks without being so bitter?

It is more like WWE than a legitimate sport. We have the valiant good guy all dressed in black, the comical referee buzzing around pretending it is on the up and up and the parade of villains clearly scheming and cheating to bring down the good guys. It’s a pantomime Dan, laid on for your amusement. Tonight pushed it over the edge. That was a farce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It is more like WWE than a legitimate sport. We have the valiant good guy all dressed in black, the comical referee buzzing around pretending it is on the up and up and the parade of villains clearly scheming and cheating to bring down the good guys. It’s a pantomime Dan, laid on for your amusement. Tonight pushed it over the edge. That was a farce.

I'll pretend I understand what you talking about Lost, and just shrug at your stupidity!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Such bullshit that the ABs are having an 'off' day. Thats just another lame excuse for us getting pumped. The boks played out of their skins tonight, starting with their big D.
They did Lorenzo, much like we did in 2 of the 3 Bledisloes last year. I’m one of the few who believes we aren’t that far off them with a bit of tinkering. But you can’t argue that at the time of writing the All Blacks weren’t having an off day. Beaugan had a Barry and all the other backs had hands like feet. After that the Boks absolutely lifted to keep the All Blacks out of the game along with that disgraceful performance from Owens.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
I'll pretend I understand what you talking about Lost, and just shrug at your stupidity!

You saw nothing to reflect a pattern of bias in the decision making and game management? Must have been listening to the radio. Try getting a tv. They are wonderful devices.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You saw nothing to reflect a pattern of bias in the decision making and game management? Must have been listening to the radio. Try getting a tv. They are wonderful devices.

I will repeat slowly so even you can understand Lost, all I saw was very good test won by the team that played best , and if you saw different I am afraid you should watch a simple game that you may understand!

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
They did Lorenzo, much like we did in 2 of the 3 Bledisloes last year. I’m one of the few who believes we aren’t that far off them with a bit of tinkering. But you can’t argue that at the time of writing the All Blacks weren’t having an off day. Beaugan had a Barry and all the other backs had hands like feet. After that the Boks absolutely lifted to keep the All Blacks out of the game along with that disgraceful performance from Owens.

They had an 'off day' because they were put under pressure during a nearly aspect of the match. The boks were dominant in defence during many phases, something we are unable to do. They disrupted the ball at the breakdown all night.

Obviously the backs don't look godlike when their ruck ball is under fucking pressure and they are getting stopped at the tackle point, that is rugby 101.

That quick lineout the ABs pulled where le roux scooped to score is not an an anomaly, they pull shit like that in every match. They just aren't used to an oppo player hustling like hell to get to the ball like he did.

If telling yourself that they had an off day independent of what the boks put to them makes you feel better about us getting thumped, then that's fine, but I'm not buying it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep perhaps the aftermatch press conference last week where Shag actually talked about it!!

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
I will repeat slowly so even you can understand Lost, all I saw was very good test won by the team that played best , and if you saw different I am afraid you should watch a simple game that you may understand!

And I would counter using small words, you are that used to getting the rub of the green at every point you cannot see this for what it is, a farce.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
OK is there an internet reference for that or can I rely on 'some such person' ?

He said it to Grant Robertson, finance minister and minister for sport.

"I didn't actually say it to her (Ms Ardern), I said it to Grant Robertson - I said they should be our biggest sponsors cause we're their biggest brand," Mr Hansen said.

"Could she (Ms Ardern) find some money to help us compete against the likes of England and France so we can keep our players.

"So there wasn't a lot said after that," he joked.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...n-toured-all-blacks-changing-rooms-last-night

"I said to her … well to Grant Robertson actually, they should be our biggest sponsors, because we're their biggest brand, and could she find some money to help us compete against the likes of England and France so we can keep our players," said Hansen at the post-match media conference.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...nsen-lauds-his-special-team-to-Jacinda-Ardern

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
They had an 'off day' because they were put under pressure during a nearly aspect of the match. The boks were dominant in defence during many phases, something we are unable to do. They disrupted the ball at the breakdown all night.

Obviously the backs don't look godlike when their ruck ball is under fucking pressure and they are getting stopped at the tackle point, that is rugby 101.

That quick lineout the ABs pulled where le roux scooped to score is not an an anomaly, they pull shit like that in every match. They just aren't used to an oppo player hustling like hell to get to the ball like he did.

If telling yourself that they had an off day independent of what the boks put to them makes you feel better about us getting thumped, then that's fine, but I'm not buying it.
You’ve got me all wrong Lorenzo, I understand and agree with all of that. I’ve not made any reference to our performances against either team. Regardless of the science to it, the Springboks played fantastic and the All Blacks played like shit.

Moving on.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Yep perhaps the aftermatch press conference last week where Shag actually talked about it!!

Glad to have sorted that technicality. However is doesn't change the fact that Steve Hansen still has an expectation that the tax payers of New Zealand support the All Blacks, just didin't asked the Prime Minister, just one of her Ministers.

Status
Not open for further replies.